WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Arrived 7.55. Started 8.05.
    You can see they had to replace one short board. It was cracked.
    Very noisy but they are soooo professional.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Coming on.

ecdwsk4ir1k1.jpg

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    They did a lot of nailing down and replaced two half boards with some vintage pine ones to match. Just about to start varnishing.

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Heather- it looks wonderful...
    Well i did get back to sleep for a bit and then went and got Homer..who is snoozing on the bed. Alfie is on the bed staring out the window waiting on squirrels lol
    I am having a cup of tea and then will watch touched by an angel
    Welcome Patty.. you have joined a grest bunch of women...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    My second vaccination shot is today. Yay! Then in two weeks I can start dating again. Yay!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    My supermoon. :)
    The one hovering over my part of the world at about 8 pm or so on April 27 and taken with my camera. :)

lmeepnvhahkq.png

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    Hello there I'm Patti. 72 years old ,decrepit and trying my best to lose some weight. lots of health issues and currantly trying Saxenda, also have gastric band. housebound, cant really walk at all and really bad breathing. I stay logging and keeping calories near 1000. as hospital suggests. I seem to always just manage to stay the same at 330.7lbs. Do daily seated exercise like weights and tai chi and try to move bad knees with low impact exercise. I need help but just keep facing walls with the things I am unable to do. Any helpful suggestions gratefully appreciated.

:) I hope you will keep coming back and become part of our community. It helps to have the support of others and this is the place to get it. Keep doing those seated exercises. They will show results soon.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🐶😸🐦
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Ddd
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Just finished. I've had to block the door letter box and leave a note outside for the Amazon guy to put it by the bins. They were meant to deliver the mat Wednesday, but they are bringing it early. Got to wait 2 hrs before we can walk on it in socks. :o
    Looking good.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather
    So glad your floor treatments went so well and bet the will look great!

Allie
    I know you must be so happy to have the pup back home where he belongs. Sorry about your continuing problems with the heart.

Macha
    I kept looking out the bathroom window last night hoping to see the moon. But, I couldn't see it. The night before it was very bright when I looked out, but, I guess the trees are leafing up and that may be why I couldn't see last night. It's supposed to show again around May 26th.

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Julie - a lot of my coworkers had fatigue as one of the reactions to the vaccine.

Katla - I have acid reflux, have for about 15 years now. I used Pepcid or Zantac for years. Now I am on Dexilant it is a prescription. I tried Nexium but it says you have to take it for a month before it would start working so I called my Dr to get my prescription renewed instead. When I lost weight in 2018 I had no issues until this past winter. I do find that if I drink too much coffee or too many acidic foods I suffer. Tomatoes and tomato based sauces are the worst culprit for me.

Rebecca- I just saw a commercial stating Lego Masters is returning on June 1.

Machka - that long weekend every other weekend will be nice.
    Currently, I am working insane hours, but my regular is 76.5 every two weeks.

I am slow to catch up today, have had a headache and been tired all day.

Tracey in Edmonton

Cool! Our son likes to watch it with us. What he has been building recently:
    z60th4aj93nw.jpg
    v6g4rkjoclzs.jpg
    zys2muh6dv72.jpg
    His Lego way of organizing a build, zip locks!
    Today is eating remaining soup from Sunday. Then start the fasting for tomorrow. I made a huge batch of Chicken fried rice so the boys won't have to bother me Wednesday evening ,when I am dealing with prep drink.👍🙃😳🏃🏃🏃🚽😳🏃🏃🏃🏃

Hugs to a happy Tuesday! Glad my photos spurred some great childhood memories! I remember picking clover and carefully picking it apart to suck on the end parts. Or walking in the woods and finding a huge blackberry bush, running home to get a bucket and surprising my Momma with a big container full!💕
    Awe summer. There was a part in our garden that had a vein of clay, so my mom didn't plant right there, and I pretended to be a potter, making bowls and plates with grass as a dye. I pressed in flowers, and my dolls and I had very muddy tea parties.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    This will be day eight of eating under my calorie limit. So far, so good!

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka, awesome for the 9 day fortnight!
    It's a bit like that in France for many (not me as i'm a teacher). They have had 35 hour weeks for well over a decade, 7h a day, but in fact many people work 8h days and accumulate a half day every week, and save them up , more often to have long weekends, extra long vacations, or more vacations and so on. It seems to work well.

Here, a 76 hour fortnight is quite common - 7.6 hours a day. Or something right around there.

I took my neuropsychologist's advice and waited a while after finishing university to make my decision.
    I debated about rearranging my hours, but didn't like any of those ideas.
    We've been very busy at work because we've been one person down since about a week before Christmas so I've been putting in the whole 76 hours and sometimes a bit more.
    But we're finally getting someone, and the 2 of us who have been doing 3 people's work are relieved!

I'll be working 5 days one week, 4 days the next, with Friday off. That will go for a year then will be reviewed to see if I want to continue with that or return to 76 hours.

I haven't even had one of the Fridays off and I feel more relaxed already just knowing I'll have about 26 extra days off each year. :)

M in Oz

I used to work that schedule. It is called a 9/80 here. I didn't like it because it didn't leave time for me to exercise every day. The longer days made it too late when I got home and too early in the morning. I did like the extra Friday's off though.

Tina in CA

I'm not extending my hours each day. I'm dropping one day of work every fortnight. :)

I'm going from 76 hours per fortnight down to 68.4 hours per fortnight.

I almost feel like I've retired! I'm much more used to working between 80 and 100 hours per fortnight than I am working less than 70 hours!!

M in Oz

Enjoy that time! You will fill it, but hopefully you will fill it with something you want to do.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Allie: I hope you are able to get the disability benefits soon. It sounds as though you’re having sleeping problems. I hope you can find ways to get needed rest. Does propping yourself up with pillows help? :star:

Lisa: Three cheers for good days health-wise! I’m happy to hear that you’ll be getting your second vaccination against CoVid. Less worry is a very nice bonus for taking care of your health. :heart:

Machka, Tracey & Tina: I have had acid reflux issues forever. Spicy foods can cause trouble for me. TUMS are a huge help. They are good for reducing spice levels & help bone density, too, because they contain calcium carbonate. I will also take Nexium as needed. Both TUMS & Nexium are over the counter medicines. I think I’ve arrived at a sensible balance. Rather than taking Nexium every day as the company urges, I’ve decided to take TUMS for its antacid effect and its calcium. I’ll take Nexium only when I have acid reflux. Food preparation has a huge role in this, too. I avoid spicy foods and have for a long while. Lower spice levels in cooking reduces acid troubles for me. :star:

Heather: Your stairs and floors are delightful. :bigsmile:

Brunhilda AKA Patti: Welcome to a great group. Stop by often to give and get support, advice, and encouragement. :heart:

Machka: What a beautiful moon!!! Thank you for sharing. :star:

Rebecca: I love the Legos! :bigsmile:

We have a sunny morning and a few clouds. We have no major projects to worry about. I hope to talk DH into riding our exercise bikes together. They are side by side in the garage, set up and ready to go.

Katla in NW Oregon

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hello there I'm Patti. 72 years old ,decrepit and trying my best to lose some weight. lots of health issues and currantly trying Saxenda, also have gastric band. housebound, cant really walk at all and really bad breathing. I stay logging and keeping calories near 1000. as hospital suggests. I seem to always just manage to stay the same at 330.7lbs. Do daily seated exercise like weights and tai chi and try to move bad knees with low impact exercise. I need help but just keep facing walls with the things I am unable to do. Any helpful suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Welcome, Patti. Take it one step at a time. Try adding a bit more protein and lowering your carb intake. Also, keep moving however you can. Just one minute more per day, then another the next. Egg whites are great for additional, low calorie protein as is cottage cheese. Also, drink a lot of water. It really does help.

Tina in CA