WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well just got a call from social security.. they had a few more questions that i gladly answered.. here is hoping the Dr approves disability..
    Went to Walmart and got the groceries ,and picked up the boys they are passed out on the bed.i spoke to soon.Alfie barking at nothing lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Machka, awesome for the 9 day fortnight!
    It's a bit like that in France for many (not me as i'm a teacher). They have had 35 hour weeks for well over a decade, 7h a day, but in fact many people work 8h days and accumulate a half day every week, and save them up , more often to have long weekends, extra long vacations, or more vacations and so on. It seems to work well.

Here, a 76 hour fortnight is quite common - 7.6 hours a day. Or something right around there.

I took my neuropsychologist's advice and waited a while after finishing university to make my decision.
    I debated about rearranging my hours, but didn't like any of those ideas.
    We've been very busy at work because we've been one person down since about a week before Christmas so I've been putting in the whole 76 hours and sometimes a bit more.
    But we're finally getting someone, and the 2 of us who have been doing 3 people's work are relieved!

I'll be working 5 days one week, 4 days the next, with Friday off. That will go for a year then will be reviewed to see if I want to continue with that or return to 76 hours.

I haven't even had one of the Fridays off and I feel more relaxed already just knowing I'll have about 26 extra days off each year. :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Ppwwvqscyxz5lb.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Two firsts for me today!
    First time out and about without a jacket this year, (apart from running).
    First time in a big supermarket for over a year, since the first lockdown!
    I wanted to go out in the sunshine, but I always like an objective for my walk, so I decided to walk to Tesco in Hove centre. I took my trolley bag and enjoyed my jaunt. Very few people in there and loads of sanitizers. Everyone masked.
    There are a few things that they do better than anyone, so I happily bought those, plus some custard slices for DH and a birthday card for Max.
    Will count that as my bonus exercise. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😀😃😄😁
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Allie

Finger crossed for you to get the disability!

Carol in GA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Heather: I love your floors. They are very appealing. :star:

Bananas: I had trouble with the computer yesterday but managed to clear it of junk. Microsoft paid a visit and caused the worry. It seems fine so far today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays fine. :flowerforyou:

I have been having some acid reflux issues and tried Nexium. DH thinks that it is worrisome. I would appreciate advice on the matter if anyone has personal experience. Is it safe enough or worrisome?

Katla in bright, sunshiney NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a feast for the "boys". Made instant mashed potatoes, instant cornbread stuffing, 2packages of Knorr instant turkey gravy, two boxes of turkey sliced with gravy, and a can of green beans. Ok, I mixed up the cornbread stuffing and put in Corning ware large container, then used the same pot to make up the mashed potatoes. I microwaved the two containers of roast turkey 4 minutes each. Put them in a smaller Corning ware container. Put some butter blobs on the top of the potatoes and put it all in the oven to " make it all look homemade ". Oh and added water to the powder gravy and had that cooking. While everything was in the oven, I opened the can of beans added butter, some bacon bits you put on salads, and a blob of garlic paste, and a blob of bacon grease. They inhaled it all. I did have a cereal-bowl sized portion, (because I like to mix all the flavors), but today I notice my ring is tight. I say cereal bowl because normally my bowl is my tried and true ramen bowl, which is a bit bigger. Processed food, the lot of it, didn't do my body any good. Too much salt!
    Today doing the gym by myself and Lee will get his 2nd Moderna shot at the Officers Club. I will treadmill it, and read my books.👍
    Today I am having a large turkey sandwich, with tomato, spinach and maybe an avocado, with cheese. We bought peppered turkey at the deli last Friday.💕. Yum. We need to stop at Safeway to get more of the bread we like " Rustic Oven hearty oatmeal", and I will get my tomato and avocado. Maybe even a slice of pie. Tomorrow is Tuesday and I will just have my last portion of soup I made. Then Wednesday is fasting for Thursday's colonoscopy. Oh joy.

Hugs ladies!
    Katla glad you liked my flower pics.💕
    Here's more!
    k3ftqn53bysv.jpg
    14z02swg8sew.jpg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, church, dogs to powerline
    Bonus: over an hour grooming Tumble, another cart full of sticks to the burn pile, sssh and $$$ sheets into “Just in case” binder, one load laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, answer refi emails and phone calls, organize invoices and eobs for annual exams, both provider and labs, both Joe and me, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday: return mortgage call, county planning office neighbor’s plans, call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for both annual labs, next Wednesday: Grand Jury, Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    26: Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. “Nothing but You”
    Visited the Episcopalians, that priest is amazing. Haven’t set foot in his church in maybe two years and he still remembered my first name. If it weren’t for the music…

Kylia glad you get the car benefit, sorry you get the stress of the “blind to his sister…” (((hugs))) Glad that police officer understood about your new car. Whew!
    Debbie prayers for your associate pastor. A hard way to learn.
    Julie (((hugs))) hope you can find some distraction from the distress the aggressor is causing you. Post-Pfizer fatigue is common here, but my only side effect was a 3 day headache. Doesn’t sound like your therapist is a good fit. Can you ask your insurance to recommend another?
    Ginny the Cheetos are now gone and I’m not buying any more. Honest!
    Barbie :love: your new coat. Looks perfect, and even has a hood!
    Machka congrats on the change in work hours, the less time commuting the better!
    Rebecca I remember making hollyhock (and fuchsia) ballerinas as a child, thanks for the lovely memory.
    Katla one of the things I hate about Windows are the automatic updates that sometimes overwrite my preferences and change how my home screen looks. I hate electronics surprises. Can you tell what triggers your acid reflux? If I let myself get too hungry then make the first bite protein, look out! Another trigger for me is too much garlic (which I love). Fortunately two or three Tums take care of it. Good luck!

Dry so far this morning and not too windy, time to get up and out!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 25, weigh/wii: 25/0/0; steps>5627=2844 :P vits=24, log=25, CI<CO=21, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=25, Shadow=26, mfp=25, outside=29 up hill=28
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 145.1 :P 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    My walk into town managed to set my knee off! Grrrr! It was fine while I was out and about, but it's complaining now.
    Nevertheless, I set to and started clearing the hallway. Under the hats I found my lovely old railway map, in its original frame from an old train carriage. I found a space for it at last in the toilet. :D It reminds me of my childhood. Very Agatha Christie.
    Then I made DH a cup of tea and sat outside with him for five minutes. A rare thing for me. Good job it was only five minutes as I'd left the spinach boiling and forgotten about it. :o
    I coaxed DH inside to help move the table and the bureau. The bureau was incredibly heavy, even with drawers removed, so I hope the sanding guys will help us back with it. Don't want to ruin our new floors!!! Will put felt pads underneath everything.
    Have to be up early tomorrow as they come at 8 am and we have to move ourselves and food and drink upstairs for the day.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I don't get acid reflux very often. I am careful about what I eat & drink. Acid reflux can be a likely outcome if I eat spicy foods or have acidic beverages. Worry or anxiousness also causes me to experience acid reflux. :ohwell: I've sent a message to my doctor to see whether Nexium is okay for me when I have an acid tummy. :flowerforyou::
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from Connecticut
    Just got back from taking the boys for a walk,they both did there business and now back and they are back to snoozing.
    Have a new tv station that is playing older shows..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Spent a huge amount of money this morning having sod put out in my front yard and holes in an island filled with dirt. Then, I found out that my hose had 4 leaks that put out more water than the end piece. Ugh! :s So ordered more hoses from Amazon and hope they will arrive tomorrow!

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different calorie estimates for plain boiled chicken. I've been using 100 calories for four ounces of skinless boneless breast. Now mom bought legs, with thigh and drumstick and skin and bone. Too much! I am at a loss as to how to get a four ounce serving off the bone, let alone count the calories. ☹️
    I guess if I am going to be picky, I need to buy it myself.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Lll