Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, I love the flower dolls. A friend and I used to make them when we were in grade school. It is a delight to see the ones you posted.🌺
  • Katla49
    Options
    I just had a nasty surprise. My computer was changed without my permission. Right now, it seems to be okay. Has anyone else had this happen? It seems to have been from Microsoft. I guess I’ll have to play with it for a while. I do not like surprises.

Advice welcome.

Katla in NW Oregon

• Katla49
    Options
    My phone also seemed affected but It is better now.
  • Katla49
    Options
    I think it can wait until tomorrow to contact apple.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    My computer was changed without my permission.
    Advice welcome.

Katla in NW Oregon

In what way?

• Katla49
    Options
    Last year I had trouble with microsoft. They wanted me to pay them another fee for their software on my computer. I don't use accounting programs but I do use Microsoft Word. It appears that I have had another visit from them. I shut down and reopened my computer and it seems to be working now. My second problem has to do with checking out electronic books through our library and amazon. I check out many books online via Library to Go. I may need to renew my library card. I will contact our library in the morning to see whether I need to update it.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i slept pretty well but woke up at 4:30 am,have a early morning pick up from Walmart and will then pick up the boys..
    Barbie- Iovely coat.
    Kylia- warning? What did i miss?
    Waiting on a call today from athena labs to have a phlebotomist come and do blood draw for the genetic testing..
    Hair appointment on Weds..
    Tracys procedure went well ,she has to go back on May 4th for pregnancy bloodwork..
    I pray that it works ,she has been wanting another baby for many years..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    The estimate lady has been round to look at our hall and toilet. They have a gap tomorrow for the 10% April discount. She will send the estimate by email and we just have to pay the deposit and we are on for tomorrow. :D

We will have to take sandwiches and water upstairs for the duration (a bit less than a day) because we will need a toilet. Won't be able to get out of the house, but that's fine. Last time they were amazing and created absolutely no dust! Bit noisy, but that's fine.
    It will be great to have it done!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Before pic, taken just now.

tm9frrscrzkg.jpg

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Love the floors Heather..
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Allie - Hopefully, they will be a lovely, pale sheen next time I post a photo!
    The painter can't come until July, because he is booked up, but we are making progress.
    I've also ordered two, new coir mats for the inside and outside. The outside one is a disgrace. It was there when we moved in. The inside one we bought, but it's grubby now and will look dirty on our lovely new floors. The outside one is large and has a tree on it and the inside one has a star. :D
    Excited now! I've paid the deposit.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Crunch Yoga Body Sculpt DVD then went for a walk around the block. Didn’t do the recumbent bike since I’ll save that for days when it’s raining out and I can’t go for a walk. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise but when I get home I do plan to walk at least around the block.

Tracey – sounds like you had a heavenly day

kylia – I admit that I’m probably one of the people you don’t like. I told them at Food Lion that I only wanted to work 4-4and a half-5 hours. I did tell them that I’m open to just about anything. At this point in my life, I feel that I have a good work ethic. I would be the one outside offering carts to people, talking to them, making sure there were carts in the store, going out into the parking lot to get them. Then after I’d get off work, the next person usually just stood there. No getting the carts, no making sure they were in the store, nothing. But I really don’t want to work more than 5 hours. I did tell them that 2 – 3 days/week worked for me. I’m not pickey about the days. I’ll adjust my exercise. But I don’t want to work more than 3 or possibly 4 days/week (prefer 3). It’s so sad to see so many places looking for work. At the soup kitchen they were talking about some restaurants that are closing one day/week because they can’t find help.

Lisa – we leave our spa open all year. Of course, it isn’t vinyl. Do you have to close yours? We only close ours for the winter. Is your cover a solar cover?

Barbara – we were planning to put the pool at the bottom of the stairs from the house in the back. But we weren’t able to since we are on a septic and that is the repair area. So we wound up having to put it behind the detached garage. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise because the pool is in the sunshine from about 9am to 7pm. If it was where we were going to put it, it would be in the shade much sooner.

Bananas – I thought it was the J&J vaccine that had the issues with the blood clots. BREATHE

Working on a jigsaw puzzle for down at the condo. I find that if I work for an hour, that’s about it, then I need to take a break, and go back to it in a bit. I’ll probably go back to it for an hour or so in a few

Took two walks around the block

Rebecca – I can just see you running around the house!

Worked on the puzzle for a few hours and will probably work tonight on it some more. It’s coming along.

Michele NC

Michèle, like Machkas said, J & J and Astra Zeneca are similar. I believe Astra Zeneca is not authorized in the USA.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Ginny, it looks awesome.

https://www.scottsdalecamelback.com/monterey-studio-villa

here is where we stayed a decade or so ago. we were upgraded to a little villa, since Arizona resorts are pretty empty in steaming august.
    I remember the bed being really comfortable and the little area being handy, hanging out at the pool a bit in the shade, and getting some amazing guacamole.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I just had a nasty surprise. My computer was changed without my permission. Right now, it seems to be okay. Has anyone else had this happen? It seems to have been from Microsoft. I guess I’ll have to play with it for a while. I do not like surprises.

Advice welcome.

Katla in NW Oregon

Changed how?
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    heather, lovely photo
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Machka, awesome for the 9 day fortnight!
    It's a bit like that in France for many (not me as i'm a teacher). They have had 35 hour weeks for well over a decade, 7h a day, but in fact many people work 8h days and accumulate a half day every week, and save them up , more often to have long weekends, extra long vacations, or more vacations and so on. It seems to work well.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)