• roz0810roz0810 Member Posts: 416 Member Member Posts: 416 Member
    Been a great week for me wooop.

Starting weight: 260 18th March

March 25: 256.6
    April 1: 254.8
    April 8: 251.4
    April 15:
    Welcome @pavs2021 you're in the right place.

This past 3 weeks I've simply been under my calories goal and drinking lots of water 🥤 Also 30 minutes walking everyday.
  • MelRealmMelRealm Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    My goal is to lose 77 pounds
  • Mds1922Mds1922 Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    I need to lose about 80lbs. I could use some support/accountability. I am new to this whole logging meals thing. Thank you!
  • Mds1922Mds1922 Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    Question: has anyone experienced the scale going up once you start working out more? I'm seeing it go up and I'm starting to freak out a bit. I get on the scale every day. What do you guys suggest?
  • kelMee2kelMee2 Member Posts: 115 Member Member Posts: 115 Member
    My first goal is to lose 60lbs which will still put me in the overweight category but when I reach that goal i may give myself a new target depending on how I feel
    Sw-220 (08.03.21)
    Cw-208.4
    Gw-160
    @Mds1922 your weight normally goes up when you start a new exercise because the muscles are repairing themselves so have excess blood and retain fluid, it happens to me every time I add in something new so I tend to avoid the scale for a few days after a new exercise.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 19,498 Member Member, Premium Posts: 19,498 Member
    Mds1922 wrote: »
    Question: has anyone experienced the scale going up once you start working out more? I'm seeing it go up and I'm starting to freak out a bit. I get on the scale every day. What do you guys suggest?

Yes. It's just water retention for muscle repair. It's not fat, so no need to worry about it. If fat loss was happening pre-exercise in a reasonable way, it's still happening behind the scenes, just not visible on the scale. The best strategy is to patiently wait it out.

There are lots of things that can temporarily increase water retention: It's just part of how a healthy body functions. Pretty much any sudden scale increase without an obvious *major* increase in calorie intake, or reduction in activity, is water fluctuation, and IMO not worth stressing over. It takes around 3500 calories cumulatively above or below maintenance calories to gain or lose a pound of fat, so you'd notice if you'd eaten that much more or moved that much less in a short time period.

*Lots* of things can cause meaningless scale fluctuations. This is a good read, quite calming:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

After you've been tracking consistently for a couple of months, weighing daily, you'll have pretty good insights into how your body handles these things, so how the scale will respond. It can be challenging at first!

P.S. I'm just reading threads, replying where relevant, but I don't really belong in this one. I lost the 50+ pounds as of about 5 years ago, at age 59-60. I'm just hanging around maintaining a healthy weight now. Apologies for the brief thread interruption!
  • Julie31171Julie31171 Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member
    Hi! How do I join??
  • rmh2021rmh2021 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in. My goal is 60 lbs lost.
  • Get_Back_To_Feeling_GoodGet_Back_To_Feeling_Good Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    Walking and looking forward to not hurting so much.
    Welcome to all ❤️