Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Lose 50lbs+ club

124»

Replies

• kitkat7818kitkat7818 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    kelMee2 wrote: »
    @kitkat7818 Best advice I could give is log everything you eat and try and drink at least 2 litres of water. I found that by logging everything I could see what changes I needed to make which has really helped me to eat better and make better food choices.

Thanks kelmee2 i will definitely try logging everything, and drinking the 2 liters of water... I am feeling determined 😁💪
  • lucyluvhandleslucyluvhandles Member Posts: 137 Member Member Posts: 137 Member
    Hi all! My goal is to lose 60lbs. So far I'm down 19lbs. Good luck to everyone
  • CariTJRCariTJR Member Posts: 328 Member Member Posts: 328 Member
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm not new to MFP, but I'm starting from scratch. I had real success on MFP and lost a lot of weight a few years back, I was running 3-4 times a week, had joined a local running club (safety in numbers for those dark evening runs), was doing yoga and feeling really good. Then, I had an accident and fractured my back and it was a long slow process to get back to some sort of normality again. In the mean time I gained back all the weight and then some. So here I am, 197lb as of today with about 60lb to lose. I could use all the support I can get, and will happily cheer on everyone here too. 😊

Well, talk about disappointing, I just realised it's even worse than it first seemed as I use stone and lbs rather than just lbs usually (I'm I the UK) and I converted my starting weight incorrectly and it should in fact have been 206lb and not 197lb 😭, but, on the bright side my weighin day is Friday and I am 2lb down this week, so at least there is some progress.

I have been working from home for the last year and this is not helping on the exercise front as there are literally days and days when I don't go any further than walking from my desk in the spare bedroom to the kitchen and back. So I've made a pact with myself to go for a walk each lunchtime, minimum of 30mins, so at least I'm getting up and out and getting some fresh air and exercise. When I feel a bit fitter I'll hopefully be able to get back to running again, but right now I reckon I'd die of exertion.

Good luck all, hope you've all had a productive and positive week. 👍
  • kelMee2kelMee2 Member Posts: 150 Member Member Posts: 150 Member
    02/04/21 209.8
    09/04/21 208.4
    16/04/21 206.6
    23/04/21 206.2

So this week I discovered that my net calories were far too low and the last couple of days I've been making sure to eat back more exercise calories. Since yesterday's weigh in I've lost another pound so I'm sure next week's loss will be much better. My body was holding onto weight because I was basically starving without knowing it because I wasn't feeling hungry, I was eating breakfast, lunch, dinner plus snacks but without eating back the calories I burned which actually left me feeling exhausted. I won't be making that mistake again.
    How is everyone feeling this week as we edge closer to weigh in day? As you know I weigh myself every other day but my official weigh in day is a Friday. This week I feel like I'm doing better, I'm trying to eat more of my calories, I'm walking and strength training as well as getting on my exercise bike, I like to alternate the exercise. I'm not feeling tired the way I was and i am seeing a difference in the shape of my body. I have a waist, actually quite an impressive waist just need the belly to shrink some more. My thighs are looking less flabby and more toned, it's nice when you actually start to see those changes it makes you feel like the hard work is definitely paying off. Hoping Friday is kind to me and that you all reach your April goals.
  • DotnetjayDotnetjay Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. Starting: 258.3lbs 6/2020 Goal: 175lbs

4/28 250.6

Goal for next week: Weight under 250. I can do that! Its a small step.

• moonbeams896moonbeams896 Member Posts: 98 Member Member Posts: 98 Member
    Hi all. I need to lose a little more than 100 pounds. I was pretty diligent here a few years ago and lost about 25 pounds, now I've put that back on with an extra 10 *sigh* This has been the only way I've been successful losing weight and I never should have stopped. But, I'm back and looking forward to getting back on track. :)
  • ScottOhrtScottOhrt Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    This is about the only one that I see is active that's current. I need to loose 50 lbs X 4. Soooo 200 lbs. I have been as high as 370 but I am currently @ 348.8.
    My goal is in a couple of years to be down around the 150's. My biggest problem is remembering to fill out my daily intake, and keep track of my carbs/proteins/fats. I do good for a while but then I slack off, then quit all together. I'm hoping being part of this group will make it fun to keep in touch and motivate me to keep coming back!
    Last weigh in for April, hope everyone has got the results they wanted.
    Sw 8th March 21- 220lbs
    02/04/21 209.8
    09/04/21 208.4
    16/04/21 206.6
    23/04/21 206.2
    30/04/21/203.4

Going to continue doing what I've been doing and hopefully I'll reach onederland in May.
  • Katebook309yahoocom940Katebook309yahoocom940 Member Posts: 239 Member Member Posts: 239 Member
    Hi 👋 I'm looking to join up if I can. I was part of another challenge group that ended yesterday. I've lost 35 pounds so far, trying to get under 200 pounds this year and stay there throught the year... then start losing again next year. I've lost weight in the past and then gained back so I really need help for consistency 🙃. My downfall is food.
  • Katebook309yahoocom940Katebook309yahoocom940 Member Posts: 239 Member Member Posts: 239 Member
    @kelMee2 your weigh-ins are so consistent 😮 good for you 👍
    @Katebook309yahoocom940 I'm in another thread that's just restarted again today, you're welcome to join us you'll find it in the motivation and support section it's called Women 200lb+, Let's Be Marvelous This May!!!
  • CariTJRCariTJR Member Posts: 328 Member Member Posts: 328 Member
    3lb loss this week, so 5lb in total so far, I'm happy with that. I weigh myself most days but only record it on a Friday as it changes so much (up and down) I try to keep it consistent. I also do all of my measurements once a month to see how that changes.

It's a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so we have tomorrow off work, I've done my best to stay on track and avoid the donuts while shopping and not drink too many gin and tonics haha. It's due to rain tomorrow though so it might be a bit more difficult to get my usual walk in and avoid eating rubbish due to sitting inside all day on the sofa, but I'll try my hardest to stay occupied and out of the fridge!

Hope you all are having a productive and happy weekend.
    @CariTJR well done that's a great loss, I'm in the UK too.