Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Thoughts on peloton

nea5025nea5025 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
Hello MFP community!

I’m in the market for an at home spin bike and subscription and have been seriously considering a peloton. I’ve also looked into proform and I’m leaning towards peloton.

If you have some honest opinions about either brand or even a different brand, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Replies

• VegasFitVegasFit Member Posts: 1,232 Member Member Posts: 1,232 Member
    I'm an outdoor cyclist, road and mountain, but I've always enjoyed indoor spin classes. I can't see myself spending Peloton money on an indoor bike. I would put that towards a new road or mtb, but that's just me. I have the Echelon Sport from Walmart and I use the Peloton app. It's a great workout. I'm a fan of their strength classes too. There are a few groups on Facebook that discuss the pros and cons and bike reviews of non Peloton bikes.
  • nea5025nea5025 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I'm an outdoor cyclist, road and mountain, but I've always enjoyed indoor spin classes. I can't see myself spending Peloton money on an indoor bike. I would put that towards a new road or mtb, but that's just me. I have the Echelon Sport from Walmart and I use the Peloton app. It's a great workout. I'm a fan of their strength classes too. There are a few groups on Facebook that discuss the pros and cons and bike reviews of non Peloton bikes.

Thank you!
  • SModa61SModa61 Member Posts: 1,450 Member Member Posts: 1,450 Member
    I am relatively new to spinning (doing a ride right after I post this). I purchased the Schwinn IC4. I am currently using it with Apple Fitness which sync with my watch and phone and I stream the workout on my flat screen TV. Apple fitness is $80 per year I think. The IC4 is supposed to be compatible with the Peleton AP as well. There are facebook groups that address this whole concept.
  • napaglonapaglo Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    It’s amazing!! The Peloton is the Best purchase I’ve ever made!! It’s totally addicting. Download the app and see everything that you get along with the cycling classes. I think there’s a free trial? It’s overwhelming and it’s awesome! We just ordered the treadmill we like Peloton so much.
    edited April 8
  • iPaint82iPaint82 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    I’m a cyclist - gravel/mtb/some road and would not use that money on a stationary trainer, but I love riding a real bike and, training on one. $4000 for a stationary bike is exorbitant. The best way is to buy a road bike, a smart trainer or smart trainer compatible and subscribe to Zwift or Trainer Road and you’ll still be at less than Peloton AND be able to ride outside also :) #ridebikes
  • iPaint82iPaint82 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    VegasFit wrote: »

Hey! How often do you ride? What’s your favourite bike? I just bought a gravel bike! Can’t wait for it to arrive