SNICKERS

Options

Replies

• Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    American chocolate tastes like trash compared to anything from Europe. Am American.

This is because of the Hershey recipe. Most American's don't know that there is a difference or why. However, the Hershey recipe generally only applies to the average grocery/convenience store shelf. I am still a devote consumer of See's Candy and most American artisan chocolates.

In the UK when you get a decent Cadbury choclate, its heaven.

I'll be honest, I think Cadbury is just as crap as Hershey.

@GymGoddessGoals

Howwwwww????? Hershey’s as we say in the uk is Wank where you from???
  • Hotelsma
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @NorthStar77 fully agreed until you mentioned After 8 🤪

Kitkat chunky > Kitkat fingers
  • Hotelsma
    edited April 2021
    Options
  • kimmoon0628
    kimmoon0628 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't care what kind of chocolate it is.....I eat it all.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    American chocolate tastes like trash compared to anything from Europe. Am American.

trooth.

anyone who disagrees with this, take little trip to Belgium...... then reconsider
  • Hotelsma
    edited April 2021
    Options

This is because of the Hershey recipe. Most American's don't know that there is a difference or why. However, the Hershey recipe generally only applies to the average grocery/convenience store shelf. I am still a devote consumer of See's Candy and most American artisan chocolates.

Don't you go speaking bad about Hershey's!!!!

@MadMaxMFP01 Herseys tastes like *kitten*
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

Don't you go speaking bad about Hershey's!!!!

Hershey's is crap. Most of the world knows it. It's because they slightly sour the milk in the chocolate making process. They do it on purpose to distinguish the taste of their chocolate from the chocolate of competitors.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all are a rough crowd. Chocolate is chocolate. :) Unless you're talking about that Palmer crap in the Dollar stores.

I needed to reach 1000 in my disagrees so give it all ya got. :)
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    @ReenieHJ don’t even know what the heck Palmer is
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Wow, you all are a rough crowd. Chocolate is chocolate. :) Unless you're talking about that Palmer crap in the Dollar stores.

Palmer is crap too. LOL
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @Hotelsma, really bad, cheap chocolate. I mean really icky bad.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Ok, see. I'll even eat that! It's really not that bad.

I'll eat most chocolate other than really dark or baking because both are too bitter.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

Chocolate is chocolate....that's heathen chat....like saying "wine is wine'

....nonsense.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options

....nonsense.

Says the guy that thinks Hershey's is crap but still eats KitKat (a Hershey product). LOL It's all relative I guess.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Agree. American chocolate is mostly "chocolate flavored" and not actually chocolate. The companies that manufacture actual chocolate or dark chocolate are pricier, but tastier.

I have found some pretty decent chocolate bars (dark chocolate) in health food stores (of all places) that are good, but again.. more expensive. I also keep forgetting to check where they're manufactured.

Japan had some of the best chocolate and chocolate flavored things I've ever had. They also have pretty stringent guidelines on what qualifies as "chocolate".
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options

....nonsense.

Says the guy that thinks Hershey's is crap but still eats KitKat (a Hershey product). LOL It's all relative I guess.

I think you'll find Kit Kats are an age old UK confectionary made by Nestle Rowntree.
    Only in the heathen badlands of the USA are they made by Hershey.

In the UK, a pure chocolate kit kat stick is the unicorn. Like a 22yr old Swedish bisexual yoga instructor who likes a slightly podgy, greying 44yr old men from the UK.

As rare as rocking horse poo...

The general feel is that American chocolate is sewage, whilst European chocolate is luxuriously revered by high statesmen, served at regal banquets and sold at high cost on the dark web to dictators and secret societies. ;)

Touche'; I didn't know that KitKat in the UK was made by Nestle. Still not a fan of Nestle either.

However we will agree to disagree on American chocolate as a whole. There is plenty of fabulous chocolate made in the US that isn't Euro made or Hershey's. Seriously, it's only a few brands of chocolate in the US that is crap. Most of what Euro's think is American chocolate is just Hershey's.