Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Whats your favourite type of workout?

2»

Replies

• WhatMeRunningWhatMeRunning Member, Premium Posts: 2,347 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,347 Member
    If going by the rush of endorphins, I can't think of anything that quite matches the feeling after sprint intervals. Unfortunately that also tends to make me the most sore and takes the longest to recover from. Heavy squats are right behind those in my opinion. In general though I would have to say a low intensity steady state cardio run outside on a nice day because it lets me enjoy scenery plus get a bit of that post activity high, and can be done multiple days per week.
  • TonyTNT91TonyTNT91 Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member
    Sounds like a great balance of aerobic & anaerobic training with a sprinkle of S&C in there too, win win 🏆
  • TonyTNT91TonyTNT91 Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member
    @yirara don't let the weather hold you back, hop up and get amongst it!
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,262 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,262 Member
    Workouts that force me to make guttural noises. Right now that's calisthenics and anything upper body focused
    edited May 5
    @desertfoxcoffee both great forms of exercise & stress release!
  • glamourousrnglamourousrn Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    weightlifting
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 39,106 Member Member Posts: 39,106 Member
    Pretty much anything on a bike...road or mountain. Followed closely by hiking, but that requires me to put a good chunk of time aside so I typically really only do it when we're out camping and I don't have any better way to spend 4-6 hours. I dabbled in some rock climbing for awhile and loved it...but gawd it got expensive and I already have an expensive exercise hobby with cycling.

Not really a gym rat at all. I lift a couple days per week because I know it's highly beneficial and I like the aesthetics...but there are really so many other things I'd rather be doing. I actually wouldn't consider much of what I do an actual "workout" per sei...but I'm pretty active.
    edited May 6
  • Frompumpkin2cinderellaFrompumpkin2cinderella Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    weightlifting

👆
    Also HIIT
    edited May 6
  • tsazanitsazani Member Posts: 711 Member Member Posts: 711 Member
    80:20 MAF (Maffetone) method is what I use. 50 min 4 times a week.
  • lorrpblorrpb Member Posts: 11,451 Member Member Posts: 11,451 Member
    Swimming!