WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: Your ceramic Box Turtle is the most glamorous turtle I’ve ever seen. It is fun and funny. Nicely done! :star:

Lisa: Great news that your son is Employee of the Month. Happy and thriving are wonderful things. :flowerforyou:

Annie: I am in a similar boat as you—too many calories and not enough exercise. Being locked down due to the pandemic has kept me safe but it ahs not improved my fitness. :ohwell:

I have had a bit of good news. My health club membership is setup as it has been in the past. I am HAPPY! I hope to go to Yoga Class tomorrow morning. I have missed my friends and healthy exercise. :heart:

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    6iil8hd8qh52.jpg
    💖
    Hugs ladies, nothing to report. Just doing laundry.
    Rebecca
    Husband and I are sharing lunch. Tomato soup for both of us, and bologna sandwiches.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Had a lovely time catching up with my friend Lynne,we had salad with chicken and fruit and romaine lettuce.. and iced chai latte..
    Now going to pick Dan up in a bit for work..
  • Katla49
    Options
    Clare: Welcome! Measuring portion sizes is a strategy that has helped me. I use a food scale or dishers that resemble Ice-cream scoops. Counting calories helps. Stop by often to give & get encouragement. <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Welcome Clare from a gal on Whidbey island in Puget Sound in Washington State. (I know a mouthful eh?). I always have to state I'm on an island, but need to specify we aren't out of the coast of WA somewhere. For me getting my veggies in, is important. A good eating day, sets me up for a great nights sleep, and good day tomorrow. I always try to "make a bed of veggies" for my meal. If its pasta, its normally a bed of spinach. If its a sandwich, well I put in some quick pickled cucumbers, and tomatoes. If its chicken salad, its celery and sweet crisp apples. I normally pick a protein, then use a fruit and veggie to accompany it. Then add the bread, rice, pasta to beef it up and keep me full.
    This is a great band of ladies. We are growing older and wiser together.💕💖
    💖 Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Options
    Flea—Good news that your son had his first vaccination today. Including teens is sensible and I am happy they’re able to get protection from covid.❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn DVD.

After work came home and cut the grass. So far I have over 14,000 steps.

Kylia – coming here instead of work….I’m glad to see you have your priorities straight

When Jess gave me the IP, I mentioned that it’ll go great down the condo. Well, it really will. But I think her feelings were hurt. So today I made rice. I usually don’t make a whole lot at any one time. I told her this then said “maybe it won’t go to the condo after all”. Well, between us and the wall, it’s going and I’ll “forget” to bring it back.

Made rice krispie bars for Vince. Unfortunately, I didn’t stir them enough and the marshmallow didn’t get on all the rice krispies. Well, they’re chocolate so I decided to make them and have the other half of the angel food/pineapple cake for when Steve comes here next week since he isn’t crazy about chocolate.

You know what I haven’t gotten recently, or at least not a whole lot of. Those inappropriate friend requests. I did get one from someone whose picture looked decent but when I looked at her other pictures, they were of her – ah, you know. So that’s when I just deleted the friend request. I used to get them at least once/week, not lately. Maybe MFP finally got their stuff together to eliminate this

Debbie – that’s funny that you stuck out your tongue and your hubby didn’t know it. I have to try that.

Lisa – congrats to your son

ClareWants...welcome!

Think I’ll go work some more on the puzzle. Oh, Vince got me a rumba for downstairs. Now, technically, all I need the vacuum for are the stairs to the basement.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    I am looking forward to a wedding in the family and time with our daughter. Our niece is getting married and DD & I will attend the wedding. After that we may have a few days for fun. 😊
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    💞
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Grrrrr....Talked to Vince about my landscape fund. Heard again all about how I should never tell someone how much I have to spend. To me, this is wrong. If I only have $3,000 to spend and they come back with an estimate of $5,000, then I have to say "I only have $3,000" and then they have to go back to the drawing board to come up with the price of $3,000. Then he's going on and on about how if we need the money for something (like a new roof), we should be able to use it. Of course we would. But that most likely won't be for a few years. Then I had to really talk to him and ask why I couldn't have all my stimulus money in my fund. I don't mind waiting (we use the money for something else right now) but why can't I eventually get it, even if it's not for a few years? Finally, he agreed that I could have it. With the caveat that he told me the starting amount I had was $2,500. Now he's telling me it might be less. Well, it might be more, too.

I guess what it really comes down to is that I'm the optimist. I look at it and say "it won't be for a few years until we need a new roof". Vince is the pessimist who feels it might be sooner. I'm the person who says "why don't we wait and deal with it when it comes up", he's the person who wants to have it ready to use immediately. Oh well.....

Yet I've never said anything about how him buying t-shirts off the internet really isn't a necessary expense.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    fky3j6uzwexz.png
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Grrrrr....Talked to Vince about my landscape fund. Heard again all about how I should never tell someone how much I have to spend. To me, this is wrong. If I only have $3,000 to spend and they come back with an estimate of $5,000, then I have to say "I only have $3,000" and then they have to go back to the drawing board to come up with the price of $3,000. Then he's going on and on about how if we need the money for something (like a new roof), we should be able to use it. Of course we would. But that most likely won't be for a few years. Then I had to really talk to him and ask why I couldn't have all my stimulus money in my fund. I don't mind waiting (we use the money for something else right now) but why can't I eventually get it, even if it's not for a few years? Finally, he agreed that I could have it. With the caveat that he told me the starting amount I had was $2,500. Now he's telling me it might be less. Well, it might be more, too.

I guess what it really comes down to is that I'm the optimist. I look at it and say "it won't be for a few years until we need a new roof". Vince is the pessimist who feels it might be sooner. I'm the person who says "why don't we wait and deal with it when it comes up", he's the person who wants to have it ready to use immediately. Oh well.....

Yet I've never said anything about how him buying t-shirts off the internet really isn't a necessary expense.

Michele NC

I am sorry you are dealing with that- If your bills are paid and this is something you are working extra for, that extra should be for your landscaping fund.
    I am so glad I have my extra " just in case" fund that he doesn't even know about. He knows about the $40 a week I keep to use any way I want. It is no where near how much he spends on eating out with his friends, comic books, model kits, other hobbies(just bought a 3rd, or maybe it is his 4th 3D printer, etc.....
    Of course if we needed the extra money, no question, I would pull it from the bank and pay what needed to be paid but until then, I will continue to stash away.

Debbie
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)