WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Finally caught up! Thank you for the update on Rori and her husband. As I was reading the posts prior to the update, Rori popped into my mind. HUGS to all who are dealing with health issues for themselves or their families. HUGS for those who have suffered recent losses.
    Work has been all consuming, but I am finally caught up with THAT stack of folders. You all know what I am talking about. It is that stack that you know needs to be taken care of but just keeps growing and weighing you down. 115 work hours in the past 10 days. At least I am feeling a little more in control-HAHA! Take a day or two of extra work off and I will be in the same boat again.
    I texted both my daughters and my mother on Mom's Day. Steve and I were in KY at the farm. It was a blustery, grey, soggy day. I stayed curled up on the bed in my sweats watching the Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island while doing work paperwork. I know, exciting, but it felt like a weight off my shoulders! Now to try to stay caught up.

My oldest granddaughter is 18 today. She asked if I could take her to her yearbook banquet tonight in the newer Shelby. Of course, Papaw said yes. She is super excited. It sure beats showing up in the family van or Dad's work truck ;) I can't believe she is 18 already. It just doesn't seem possible that time flew by so fast!

Tracey- I understand the work stuffs! I updated our pricing at work and it deleted a bunch of the bar codes that my SIL had put in at the beginning of our business system adventure. I got the most commonly used ones put back in. I think it was input error, but we are still learning. I wish I could get her to get more customer information the first time around though.

Julie- I feel you too! My SIL aggravates the #$%^ out of me at work!!!! She is a 50% person. Several mistakes she made just because she didn't ask for help and thinks she knows. The attitude kills me! If she pushes me out of the way one more time behind the counter, it could be trouble. A simple "behind you" or "excuse me" or even a touch on the shoulder or back to let me know you are there, but grabbing is NOT acceptable!!! I know it is her attitude and lack of caring that really get to me.

Lisa- "belly issues" Hugs! I had to go to GYN for another infection. Apparently, not yeast this time, but an infected scratch (?). He said the soaking in epsom salts had me healing well, but put me on antibiotics followed by diflucan to speed up healing. I have one more dose of the antibiotic to take, I suck at taking meds! I missed two doses, so am finishing a little late.

Machka- So scary! Glad he is feeling better.

Well, Steve is a little peeved with me as I wouldn't help him with "Red" (the new shelby) last night. I was up almost the whole night the night before and him and his sister were on my last nerve yesterday. I decided that working together on the car was probably NOT a GOOD idea. There would have most likely been cross words and tears. He will get over it.

I should get off here and get ready for work. I decided that catching up with you all was more IMPORTANT than the few things I wanted to get done for work before work. I need to call my nephew and let him know that we won't be attending his wedding in July in CA. It is just too stressful for me to make that flight at this time. Just can't make my heart or my head wrap around wearing a mask for HOURS at a time, to have to wear one for the ceremony and reception, and to spend that kind of money to do so. If they were getting married on the East coast, I wouldn't miss it. I could drive. It has been a hard decision, but I think the right one for me. My youngest can't afford to go. My oldest still plans on going but since it is no kids, I will most likely be doing Mamaw duty ;)

((HUGS)) to ALL!
    <3<3<3
    Respect to all! I truly believe that you ALL have helped keep me grounded through these past couple of year even if we have different backgrounds, histories, beliefs, and lifestyles. We are proof of what a community can do if people respect and listen to one another without judgement.

Kylia in Ohio remembering the days of little hands, sweet smiles, and the little voice of her now adult granddaughter.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Slept ok,not great but ok..
    Got the meal worms out for the birds and they are out fighting for the food.. watching the local news and then touched by an angel..
    Got my.pills in ,im going to rattle.like a bean bag soon.ive spent so much on scripts that i met thr deductible so they are free the rest of the year.
    Alfie has had breakfast,he likes to have it heated up a bit🙄 and then begs for treats lol
    Meetinf a dear friend at Panera to catch up..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, board meeting prep, budget hearing and board meeting,
    Bonus: 4 tarploads of salal to brush pile, Farmers’ market, Grocery Outlet, Post Office.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Shadow to nail trim, chiro, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    12: Listen to a favorite piece of music and remember what it means to you: do I need a really good cry?

Was grouchy at our fire district board meeting and raised my voice inappropriately on topic unworthy of any passion at all. Called the recipient of my misbehavior, apologized, then emailed apology to all who were present. Honestly after 71 years of sticking my foot in it you’d think I could manage my mouth better. :rage:

Julie thanks for checking in. Best to bite the bullet and go with the DDS you trust even though $pendy. Think it was Fae who regretted her bargain dental work and the expensive surgery/treatment it caused.
    Lisa what do you use for pots for the plants you sell at the Farmer’s market? I have about a million clean, empty cottage cheese and yoghurt containers… ;)
    Michele I wear a mask to line dancing and sometimes have to step outside to unmask and catch my breath. The discomfort is worth it to me.
    Kylia what you said about your community. :heart:

Just skimmin’ as chopping salal has me pooped.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:12 , weigh/wii: 12/1/14; steps>6362=4396, vits=12, log=12, CI<CO=11, CI<250<CO=9, Tumble=8, Shadow=8, mfp=12, outside=12, up hill=11, clean 10=6.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=2 dance=2, packwalk x2=2,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=10 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lisa what do you use for pots for the plants you sell at the Farmer’s market? I have about a million clean, empty cottage cheese and yoghurt containers… ;)

Barbara,
    dear, thank you for the thought... but my husband works for a landscaping company, and EVERYthing they put in the ground comes in pots of some kind or another. He went dumpster diving again for me last night and got me another four dozen or so, plus trays to carry them in the car. I feel as if I'm recycling something that would just head for the landfill. I keep my cottage cheese containers for when I'm painting--they make great brush cleaning pots. :smile:

Kylia... I've had to put an alarm on my phone for the three times a day I have to take medication, 7:30 am, 1:30 pm and 7:30 pm. There are many times it has kept me from skipping meds. Much like Allie, I feel like if you shook me, I'd rattle. It wears, but there are worse things. Good for you for recognizing you needed to not be in the situation with your husband at at that moment. Also, I've turned down a trip to a wedding in July as well--I just can't do it. The wedding I'm invited to is also in Corpus Christi, Texas. In July. Yuck. Love them, but no.

I'm going to have to call the insurance people today with some questions, and I'd honestly rather eat dirt with a spoon. Needs must, but I'll wait until the afternoon.

This morning is: Go out and unscrew the battery clips on the small riding lawnmower, take it to O'Reilly's and get a new one. Walmart for a number of bitsy-bobs. Aldi for wine. Lowes for handrail brackets--I'm installing a foot rail for my bar stools in the kitchen, as it's really hard for the kids to sit on the stools without sliding off, and they love sitting there.

Then talk to the insurance guy and go dig up a bunch of vinca minor to take on Saturday. Plus go through the house and see what's here to take to sell. I'm eyeing that standing desk I never used, along with a few other things. Possibly the rower, if I can get Corey to load it in the car for me. Might wait until the following week for that, when my daughter's here and can take it up there for me in her truck.

Have the inner frame quilted and sewn on my Texas Star quilt, and one and a half of the four pieces for the outer frame quilted. Once they are quilted and attached, I can bind the edges and be done. Hopefully this week, but more likely, after my daughter and family have come and gone. She and I will be designing her quilt, and I already know what my son wants, so lots of quilting left to do.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Backing up my computer. Taking forever.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    I will be Invited to a wedding in Nashville in October.. we shall see if im up for it or not.. would be wonderful to see my aunt and cousins.. last wedding i went to down there my dad went with me..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    I still do Facebook but ...I just saw a posting by a police officer that stated be careful what info you give out on Facebook. As a security question pets are one of them. There was a posting asking for names of my pets. Hackers are trolling social media and your info can end up in their hands. I often don't answer the ones that can indicate my age either. Sorry to be Debbbie Downer. So any questions that ask you info that could be used as a security question avoid. I know coming here indicates my age, it is worth it to me to be part of this group.

I need to periodically remind myself this too is a public site and anything written here can be found. We do occasionally get trolls and that too reminds me to use good judgment using the internet.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌞💛🌻😊
  • Machka9
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I still do Facebook but ...I just saw a posting by a police officer that stated be careful what info you give out on Facebook. As a security question pets are one of them. There was a posting asking for names of my pets. Hackers are trolling social media and your info can end up in their hands. I often don't answer the ones that can indicate my age either. Sorry to be Debbbie Downer. So any questions that ask you info that could be used as a security question avoid. I know coming here indicates my age, it is worth it to me to be part of this group.

I need to periodically remind myself this too is a public site and anything written here can be found. We do occasionally get trolls and that too reminds me to use good judgment using the internet.

I am hoping this is common knowledge!

Never do those quizzes on FB.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/tech-columnist-warns-against-taking-social-media-quizzes-for-fun-1.5442282

Also don't use your pet name as the answer to a security question. You don't have to be truthful in those security questions.

BTW - it's not so much your age that is the problem, it's your birth date. There are still some people who use their birthdate for a password!!! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth: I know ... it's hard to believe!

By posting here, you are likely over 50 but you could be anywhere between about 45 and 105 so it doesn't really say too much about you.

Here's an article about most common passwords:
    https://cybernews.com/best-password-managers/most-common-passwords/

The top 10 most common passwords worldwide:
    Despite security experts recommending to use strong and unique passwords, along with two-factor authentication and password managers for more security, people continue using the weak codes that even a beginner cybercriminal could hack in a couple of moments. Here is the list of 10 most common passwords:

qwerty
    password
    qwerty123
    1q2w3e

And then the article goes on ...

Most popular years used in passwords
    One of the most interesting things is when we looked at which years from 1900-2020 were the most used by people when they made passwords.

Making a rough assumption, people may generally use years in their passwords to mark:

• their birth year
    • the year in which the password was created
    • a special year

It's an interesting article. It looks at trends ... most popular years, most popular names, most popular cities, etc. that people use in their passwords.

this too is a public site and anything written here can be found.

Good reminder. If you copy a 5 or 6 word phrase that you've typed here which includes something sort of unique like a person's name or a place or something, then paste it into Google, you'll find it.

For example, if @exermom's daughter Denise has any computer ability at all, she could find everything her mother posts about her.

:)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Short walk to the shops with my husband. It's good for him to do a little exercise.
    5.75 km brisk walk on treadmill.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kylia: I am happy you got a chance to watch the Brady Bunch and Gilligan’s IsIand. I haven’t seen either in many years and would love to see Gilligan’s Island again. :smiley:

Allie: Enjoy the meeting with your dear friend at Panera. :flowerforyou:

Margaret & Machka: I’ve been staying away from facebook. It seems to have taken a turn for the worse and I’m reluctant to give any personal information there. I worry about hackers. :grumble: Unfortunately, that means that I am not in touch with several very dear friends. :ohwell:

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was three days under calories. Yay!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Firm’s Hard Core Fusion DVD then rode the recumbent bike for 45 minutes. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Debbie – Let me know how the zumba class with mask on goes. I don’t know if I could exercise with a mask.

Michele NC
    xa6argsx8l34.jpg

I will. One thing that helps me with wearing a mask is the 3D printed "lip stick guard"(I think that is what they are called)- that goes in my mask. It keeps it away from my mouth so I can breath a little better-without it I can feel the asthma attack coming on quick.
    Very hard to see in this picture, as it is black on black fabric. They fit on the masks I have made but also in the store bought masks. Husband made them for me.
    c2oucohn61f0.png

there is enough room that I actually stuck my tongue out at him and he didn't even know it :)

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Drat. I gained two pounds for my blowout weekend. That really was too much food. It just seemed so special to be at a good restaurant with a girlfriend. If vaccination means more eating out, I really have to curb things. Like no bacon on my burger, or no chocolate torte. I really overdid it. Mea culpa! Next restaurant meal is early next week.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Annie - I sooo relate. Big hugs <3 Being with good friends is sooogood. I rate it the best thing in life. You just have to up your exercise to compensate. Don't give up! Life is to be enjoyed. Yes,one slice less bacon won't kill, you, but not living your life will. It's all a happy compromise. Live your life!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Upped the repetitions on my water exercises and my legs especially are really tired this afternoon.

Lisa - Hope you get a handle on the gut thing. You want to be able to enjoy the grands.

Katla - thanks for passing on the news from Rori. So glad you are getting a chance to see DD and the grands What a great thing to look forward to.

Pip - Solvang is a cute town. Is it still Danish themed? Been a very long time since I have been there.

Allie - not the best news from the doctor but you are not on dialysis are you? That seems like a good thing to me. Good luck dealing with Tom.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

Yup, very danish. It is the version of Leavenworth Washington