If I see one more TOM post...

I am going to explode.

Ladies, you get a period. You probably got it when you were around 11 and you will probably get it until you are 40. It is a part of life.

Yes, you will get cravings. Wanna know how to not binge on candy when you're raggin'? Don't keep it in your house and don't go out of your way to buy it. If you just gotta have that chocolate bar, then have it. But don't use your red flow as an excuse to eat everything in sight.

Yes, you are going to bloat and yes, you are probably going to gain 3 or 4 pounds. But guess what? It is just bloat. It will go away as soon as you are done, provided you haven't binged on chocolate for 5 days straight.

Yes, you can exercise on your period. Pretty sure this was discussed in 5th grade health class. "I can still ride a bicycle?" Yes dear, and you can still go horseback riding AND go swimming! In fact, exercise is probably going to make you feel better!

Look, I get it. Being a woman sucks and having a period 13 times a year BLOWS. I suffer from horrible periods. I am nearly 6 months post partum and it still looks like something out of a horror movie down there. But I suck it up and move on because it ends after a few days and you can carry on like nothing ever happened.

But for crying out loud. Put your big girl panties and a pad on and suck it up and take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming your Aunt Flo.

Apologies for any spelling errors. Using phone.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I like you. :flowerforyou:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Here's another ToM post :p

And furthermore: you expect to stop your periods at 40? 0_o
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Thanks for creating another TOM post.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Wish mine would have stopped at 40.

Over those threads too.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    40 is a little early to stop, but I agree with you, those posts are boring. Especially to those of us who are past it. I can't even remember what that was like.
  • zenabby
    zenabby Posts: 24 Member
    Goes on quite a bit over 40 I think :), and, being a woman does not suck. It's quite nice, actually.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Isn't TOM the guy who started Myspace?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,177 Member
    One of the advantages of menopause is not having any advice to offer to women dealing with TOM, since I no longer have it. So I ignore those threads.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Goes on quite a bit over 40 I think :), and, being a woman does not suck. It's quite nice, actually.

I actually like being a woman too. Having boobs is the T!TS
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    *shrug* There's no rule against creating a thread with the same topic as someone else. If someone needs to talk about it, they can. Just skip it.

Also, there are things that are not normal and sometimes a girl needs to ask. Doesn't bother me.

*still bleeding at 43*
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Meh if you don't like em don't read em

sounds a wee bit sanctimonious to me
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Whatever you do, don't look.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member

Turning 50 in 2 days.. still fertile as hell!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    I started my period and puberty when I was 8 and 1/2 years old. Sad but true, which sucked. Have been regular too. And honestly, I think it goes on beyond 40. :grumble:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I have had roughly 390 periods. If I haven't mastered it by now, I am never going to.
  • adiostrasero
    adiostrasero Posts: 127 Member
    Eh.

It's supposed to be a support site. Just because something is easy/routine for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. You really have no idea how others may react to TOM. Be happy that you don't have issues that require you to create a post. Others might.

No one's forcing you to read them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Some women do. Usually the earlier you start, the earlier they end. But I think that vast majority of women get them well into their 40s, at least.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Some women have periods that last for a week or more, are excruciating, fatiguing, seriously mood altering, and terribly inconvenient (flow, hormonal changes affecting skin, bowels). Just because we know we have to have them doesn't mean people don't want to complain about it. Not everyone really can exercise on their periods, due to pain or fatigue or just feeling too gross to do so. Obviously most can't blame their periods for their overall weight, but it's no skin off my back if someone wants to complain about having an exhausting, painful, messy week that increases cravings, makes exercise more difficult, and messes with her emotions. Replace TOM with migraines or some other similar problem and we wouldn't get frustrated.
  • hahahaha... I like being able to skip mine!! YAY FOR THE PILL! LOL
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    If you see another TOM post, skip over it and read something else. When people lose weight, they have to rethink lots of things that used to be routine--including their menstrual cycle. For some women, their menstrual cycle changes when they lose weight. Be grateful that you can take something like this for granted and overlook the posts that seem useless to you.