Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

MarathON!

2»

Replies

• LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 2,997 Member Member Posts: 2,997 Member
    I ran 8 good, strong miles tonight and I walked one plus I found a nice, shiny dime and an even nicer, shinier quarter! Now I'm going to do some squats and dumbbell bicep curls.
    fvddmav0uzav.jpeg

edited May 5
    I dropped down to 99 pounds while training for my last Marathon, completely unintentional. During the two week taper down I got up to 102 and that was what I ran my Marathon at. My body felt strong. My muscles, my joints, my heart and lungs, it all felt good and I was up and fine the next morning after the 26.2 feeling good like "Dang, I truly am a rockstar!"

This time, however, I'll probably run it about 6-7 pounds heavier if I don't get my act together fast. I feel every extra pound, seriously, when I run. I have healthy choices to eat, easily accessible in seconds. However today, I avoided those and binged on bologna and cheese sandwiches and Doritos. I love bologna and I love Doritos, obviously, but I think I'll have to step away from my trigger foods until afterwards and stick with boring and nourishing. I'm just a little bit upset with myself at the moment, which I knew I would be before I even ate it. Self-loathing session is over now.
    “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” ~ Stephen Covey.
    I'm back of the pack and as long as nobody leaves me for dead in the woods I'll be happy...
    It would be nice if it's actually this shirt because I like it, both design and burnt orange color.

u8u3vdodvcxx.png
    al5ss9r547i2.jpg
    edited May 6
  • girlwithcurls2girlwithcurls2 Member Posts: 2,117 Member Member Posts: 2,117 Member
    Wow. That's a big group of people in one place in 2020. All of our road races went virtual or were canceled. They're just now opening up, with limited spots.

I love it that you said, "I can't wait until this is over." That's the truth! I CHOSE THIS!! But I can't wait until it's DONE!! :wink: