MarathON!

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm not a perfect Christian. I lose my temper, fly off the handle, fall down, and I often lose sight of what matters. I hurt people sometimes and I don't always mean to. Sometimes I do mean to and I know it's wrong. Sometimes I stray from God, seems I always find my way back. What is perfect and beautiful is God's grace and mercy in my life because he shows me mercy even when I don't think I'm deserving of it. I owe everything that is good and pure and beautiful to God because God has blessed me so often in my life. I ask for help, forgiveness, understanding and mercy and always I'm granted it. I will always fall short in my own eyes but God loves me; I believe it with all of my heart. I know it. He loves all of us. That love is like a shower and we should be open to it. I am having a moment. I am not ashamed of it. Thank you, God, for your blessings and mercy in my life, Lord.
  • LoveyChar
    3m666hp6lhg4.png
  • LoveyChar
    https://runninforsweets.com/run-a-marathon-without-training/#:~:text=7 Strategies for Running a Marathon Without Training,time goal you have for the race.

Seven Strategies for Running a Marathon Without Training

1. Find a mantra.
    Repeat this mantra when the going gets tough to help you stay strong and committed.

2. Create a fueling strategy.
    The goal is to keep your body full of the fast-acting sugars it needs to run further than it ever

3. Prioritize hydration.
    Hydrate before, during and after the race to help minimize the damage to your muscles and maximize recovery.

4.Carb-load.
    Try to find a carb-packed meal for the night before the race, and continue carb loading with breakfast on race day (but don’t eat too close to the starting time).

5.Plan to take breaks.
    Anticipate that you will need to stop and walk or break to stretch.

6.Listen to your body.
    Be aware of how you are feeling as you run and if you feel isolated pain or pain that continue to get worse – stop. Do not let your ego get in the way, and humbly accept that there might come a point when finishing will do more harm than good.

7. Let go of any time goal you have for the race.
    Without training, it’s safe to say that you have no idea what to expect on race day. Create a new goal of simply finishing the race – no matter what this might involve on race day. Take breaks when you need, alternate with walking, and anticipate a few bathroom emergencies.

Running a marathon without training is definitely not the best idea. However, if you are determined to get out there and check that goal off your bucket list – or maybe you are just addicted to endurance challenges – be sure to do so safely.

Remember that your number one priority is to end race day without injury or illness. You will undoubtedly feel sore and rundown, which is normal for any marathon finisher.

Expect the soreness to increase during the 48 hours following the race, and treat your body with the respect it deserves afterwards. Provide plenty of time to recover, rest and recuperate after finishing the marathon.
  • LoveyChar
    1. This one is simple for me:

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Because it's bound to end and I know it.

2. Gu, because I have a load of it.

3. Water in my reusable bottle, because there will be water refill stations at each loop.

4.. Spaghetti because I love it, anyway, and probably garlic bread too.

5. I plan to run a solid 20. If I have to walk after that point, I will.

6.. This would be a hard one to swallow. I saw a man down, my age range give or take a few years, his head was on the curb and his body was laying on the street. This was probably at the 19 or 20 mile marker. It was sad. Paramedics were taking care of him. If ever I feel off or funny, I won't continue on.

7. Way too easy since my goal was and always will be just to finish under time allotted and in one, solid piece.

• LoveyChar
    3 weeks 3 weeks 3 weeks!!!

ctvwkpl24poa.jpeg
    uqkc7c5e5wh0.jpeg
  • 03CiaoBella
    03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
    Best of luck with your training and your tremendous marathons run!💪🏾
  • LoveyChar
    I love egg salad and especially on a bagel.

q89rgvk862ww.jpg
  • LoveyChar
    Best of luck with your training and your tremendous marathons run!💪🏾

Thank you so much!!!
  • LoveyChar
    Austin Marathon February 2021

89ns6ekzeznc.jpg
  • LoveyChar
    edited May 2021
    1. Upcoming Marathon Mantra, changed: Mind Over Matter
    or
    You are stronger than you think.
    This particular one was one of my favorite things to read on signs that supporters/spectators were holding up.
  • LoveyChar
    After getting drenched in the downpour on my run today, I picked some wildflowers!

ov7y2n7wu8fg.jpg
  • LoveyChar
    Technically, according to my training plan, I should have run my 20 on Saturday. I'm behind. I'm doing it tomorrow morning. Mother-in-law is down visiting. Little Guy is soaking up all of grandma's attention. Husband is off work tomorrow. I have no worries, not ones that I can control anyway.

I'm going to start looking for a job this week, looking forward to get out there again and I'm open to almost anything. I just want to smile and interact with people again and get a break on the weekends. I'm hoping to work two 12- hour days each day, Saturday and Sunday.

Meatless Monday didn't happen today. I ate chicken and rice with cheesy broccoli for lunch plus ice cream. I'll have a soybean burger on rye for dinner plus milk. I think it will all sufficiently fuel a twenty mile run in the morning. It's supposed to rain all week. I do not have a plan, necessarily, if it rains. If it's pounding rain in my face, I'll have to make adjustments and run another time. If it's not, I'll run. Yesterday was hard rain and it wasn't pleasant to run in but today is a rain I'd run through.
  • LoveyChar
    Question for you runners:

If things are "bad" tomorrow, husband suggested I go to our community center where I can pay day use fee to use gym facilities. I love the suggestion. Could I get the same benefit of a 20-mile training run on a treadmill? I do need to get it done!

Also, big epiphany, wear a hat to help block the rain!

Any and all suggestions welcome!
  • LoveyChar
    Got some good advice on it, I need to invest in a wind vest and running glasses.
  • LoveyChar
    Twenty miles starts between 8 and 8:30 this morning in the great outdoors. I'm feeling optimistic.
  • LoveyChar
    Two weeks from today, oh my...
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »

Yay! So excited for you LoveyChar! It’s gonna be amazing! <3:)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Question for you runners:

If things are "bad" tomorrow, husband suggested I go to our community center where I can pay day use fee to use gym facilities. I love the suggestion. Could I get the same benefit of a 20-mile training run on a treadmill? I do need to get it done!

Also, big epiphany, wear a hat to help block the rain!

Any and all suggestions welcome!

I just wear a baseball cap, it stops the rain from hitting me directly in the eyes. It doesn’t rain much where I live, we are back in a drought again this year so running in the rain is a real treat for me since it doesn’t happen often :D hopefully you get good weather! B)
  • LoveyChar

Yay! So excited for you LoveyChar! It’s gonna be amazing! <3:)

Thank you!!! It didn't even rain when I expected it to so it wasn't even an issue.
  • LoveyChar
    Always learning new things and looking to improve, I need to focus on tips 1,2,3 and 8 because I do all these things wrong.

https://www.verywellfit.com/tips-for-proper-running-form-4020227#:~:text=8 Tips for Proper Running Form 1 Keep,your shoulder joint, not your elbow joint.