MarathON!

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I ran 8 good, strong miles tonight and I walked one plus I found a nice, shiny dime and an even nicer, shinier quarter! Now I'm going to do some squats and dumbbell bicep curls.
  • LoveyChar
    l6vfayw7nelm.jpeg
  • LoveyChar
    edited May 2021
    fvddmav0uzav.jpeg

• LoveyChar
    upt4erkr48f7.jpeg
  • LoveyChar
    I dropped down to 99 pounds while training for my last Marathon, completely unintentional. During the two week taper down I got up to 102 and that was what I ran my Marathon at. My body felt strong. My muscles, my joints, my heart and lungs, it all felt good and I was up and fine the next morning after the 26.2 feeling good like "Dang, I truly am a rockstar!"

This time, however, I'll probably run it about 6-7 pounds heavier if I don't get my act together fast. I feel every extra pound, seriously, when I run. I have healthy choices to eat, easily accessible in seconds. However today, I avoided those and binged on bologna and cheese sandwiches and Doritos. I love bologna and I love Doritos, obviously, but I think I'll have to step away from my trigger foods until afterwards and stick with boring and nourishing. I'm just a little bit upset with myself at the moment, which I knew I would be before I even ate it. Self-loathing session is over now.
  • LoveyChar
    “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” ~ Stephen Covey.
  • LoveyChar
    I'm back of the pack and as long as nobody leaves me for dead in the woods I'll be happy...
  • LoveyChar
    It would be nice if it's actually this shirt because I like it, both design and burnt orange color.

u8u3vdodvcxx.png
  • LoveyChar
    edited May 2021
    al5ss9r547i2.jpg
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Wow. That's a big group of people in one place in 2020. All of our road races went virtual or were canceled. They're just now opening up, with limited spots.

I love it that you said, "I can't wait until this is over." That's the truth! I CHOSE THIS!! But I can't wait until it's DONE!! :wink:
  • LoveyChar
    Wow. That's a big group of people in one place in 2020. All of our road races went virtual or were canceled. They're just now opening up, with limited spots.

I love it that you said, "I can't wait until this is over." That's the truth! I CHOSE THIS!! But I can't wait until it's DONE!! :wink:

Awwwwwww thank you for your response and I hope you get to run an in real life one soon! I ran 2 virtual races over this past year and they're just not as fun...in my opinion. I really missed the spectator's support and other runners.
  • LoveyChar
    edited May 2021
    3 weeks 9 days until the big event, kids are still sleeping and I'm going to get dressed and run before the heat wave hits today. Sun is trying to pop out and rain is done. It's Mother's Day. We're having a nice dinner tonight and playing Scattegories afterwards. Time between my run and then will be perfect for watching movies on the couch!

Happy Mother's Day to any moms reading this! I hope it's a relaxing and pleasant and beautiful day for you...
  • LoveyChar
    Three weeks and four days until I run 26.2 miles. I really just want it to be over but I'm already thinking about another one when I haven't even finished this one. Pittsburgh Marathon was last weekend, virtual, but I'm hoping the next one won't be and I want to run it. Add it to 'My Bucket List Marathons.'

Mother-in-law will be down Saturday, which will give me free reign to run whenever I want to. My 20-miler will be this weekend.
  • LoveyChar
    sh947klxmexe.jpeg
  • LoveyChar
    Incentive: Just got the word today that my dad will be down to see me run! Thank you, God! I have not seen him in almost two years. He'll be traveling with my brother and I have not seen him in almost three years.

This makes me want to work a little harder, push a little further...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Incentive: Just got the word today that my dad will be down to see me run! Thank you, God! I have not seen him in almost two years. He'll be traveling with my brother and I have not seen him in almost three years.

How nice for you! It will make your day even more special.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar wrote: »

How nice for you! It will make your day even more special.

Thank you...yes, it will.
  • LoveyChar
    I've been using the words "crunch time" for five weeks now. Crunch time leaves no time for error but I've been making a million of them.

My training has been less than adequate. Maybe, maybe not, but I'll be running on an overly confident attitude and it might fail me. I know I've done it before. I know I'm strong and in shape.

I know what I'm capable of. I guess I'll start there, with that attitude.

First fix I need to make is just that: my attitude. Training is meant to break you, to make you stronger. Twenty mile run was grueling, nothing fun about it for me. Every negative emotion imaginable flowed through me on my 20 mile training run. I remember clearly how miserable I was on that run.

My muscles will be stressed and my right ankle might start to hurt. I'm going to smile and look up the entire time and be happy and appreciate and love all that is around me while I run.

Why all the "pain," the struggle? Because it makes race day worth it. I know what I did to get to that point and it makes me proud. It makes me feel alive. It brings meaning to my life. It's not the only thing but it's big, a big part of who I am, what I want, what I strive to be, part of how I want to be remembered after I'm dead. It's the best of me that I put out there for my kids to see, my parents, the husband who thinks I'm Super Woman sometimes. I have people who believe I can so now I just need to believe it, too.
  • LoveyChar
    jcuvfkd2f2fq.jpg

• LoveyChar
    xjeebr4xoktg.jpg