Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

2.77 Club - Avg weekly weight loss to lose 100 lbs btwn May 1 - Dec 31

jane_76jane_76 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
Anyone out there looking to reach a 100 lb weight loss goal by December 31st?

As of May 1st, 36 weeks remain, and given my current weight (300 lbs) and previous weight loss experience, I know that this healthy and doable for me. It may not be the case for everyone. I plan to eat clean, add in regular running (C25K) and weights, and just generally move more, eat better, and look after myself - mind, body, and soul.

As is the case for many others right now, the pandemic has introduced extra challenges: I moved to become a full-time, live in caregiver for my elderly parents very unexpectedly, and let's just say that eating has been my comfort through this massive and unexpected transition. In order to succeed with this weight loss goal, I am going to have to find new, healthier ways to cope and find comfort during these challenging times.

If this scenario/goal resonates with you, please comment/join in. It would be great to meet this goal with others. :)

Replies

• chublet25chublet25 Member Posts: 62 Member Member Posts: 62 Member
    Best of luck! I am hoping to reach my goal weight by the end of the year, but I can do so by losing 2 pounds per week. Is that good enough to join? I'm pretty determined.
  • msaj_mommsaj_mom Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in with you. Starting weight April 28 was 310.4, weight May 5 was 305.4. I'm doing a 1600 or less calorie diet; watching fat, protein, and carb intake; trying to exercise everyday; and tracking steps. I have pcos, hypothyroidism, and Celiac disease. My goal weight is anything under 150, really. My wishful thinking is 135. I may forget to log in here everyday, buy I'll try my best. Good luck!