What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pants that didn't fit now do. Pants that used to fit now need a belt to stay up. I can go up and down the stairs in my home without wheezing. I can put on socks standing up.

I can't wait to see what changes the next 30 days bring!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a motivating topic!

I can now run a 5k...and feel like I still have more in me. :) New runner here, so not pushing too much too fast.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I can run! Not fast and not far, but I CAN run. Arthritis will never let me be a serious runner, but at least I know I can run if I have to. I can also wear size 14 pants consistently instead of size 16. I am consistently fitting into a size large top. I can jog up four stories worth of steps--only once per day, mind you, but I can do it. I can feel some muscle under the flab on my lower abdomen. I can walk 4.2 miles in 62 minutes without being tired or out of breath. I can walk 4.5 mph for at least one mile.I made it through Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred yesterday without keeling over. I can look at a scale that isn't budging and not give up because I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm improving my chin ups. I can now do 6 in a row! Well the last one is a struggle, but I'm working hard to get to 10 with ease!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Run for 5 minutes straight. Doing c25k program
  • maskingtaped
    Options
    touch my toes!!
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eat cookies.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Curl 25 lb dumbells.
  • Cyndesire
    Cyndesire Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Run 4 miles a day with out stopping.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do two sets of 20 push ups.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A month ago I could not run at 7.0mph! It's still slow compared to some people but I used to huff and puff at 5.0! I remember a time i "ran" at 4.8 and could only do that for MAYBE 5 minutes.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I can jog longer without stopping.
    I can lift some of my husband's weights when I do upper body workouts
    I can do 100 squats easily.
  • bellepiff
    Options
    walk without crutches
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wore workout shorts for the first time ever! Finally my legs have thinned out enough so I don't feel self conscious! Also, I'm finally able to do Burpees properly, jumping both in and out!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hold the Tree pose in Yoga for over for over 10 seconds. Working towards 30.
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Use the treadmill for an hour straight :bigsmile:
  • DavidHomeshield
    Options
    I did 7 miles on the tread mill, lord of the rings and ipad and head phones, yippie,

best of all was with the kids, and I was running with them along the tow path, I was living again!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a like button on the posts. Not enough time to congratulate everyone, but so many great things going on here! Loving it! Can now do row with dumbells while doing a plank...out rowed my 17 year old. Loving my new strength! Keep it up everyone!!
  • kelso830
    kelso830 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can now wake my *kitten* up at 5am to go and work out!!! Can honestly say I didn't/COULDN'T bring myself to do that 30 days ago!! :laugh:
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Finally did 30 minutes on the stair machine, the last bit cranked up to 110. Feel great about that! What about you?