What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• Dozer91
    Dozer91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Can I love all these posts?!?!

After spraining my MCL in my left knee I sunk deep into the couch and into Netflix land and it didn't want to let me go. So this month I decided to take swimming lessons. I have channeled my inner mermaid and enjoying every moment at the gym. Not only can I swim the front crawl for fitness, I have also lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 1/2 inches off my butt and thighs.

GO US!!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I posted. I've gone back to running and have been able to run 4 miles through out a work out. I'll run a mile, change the treadmill to incline and quickly walk, run another mile, etc. Then after doing some core work, I get on the track and run one more mile (trying to add 15 more minutes to my work out - less than 90 days to bathing suit season!). I would definitely not have been able to do 1 more mile 30 days ago...I know, I tried! Best thing is this final mile I'm doing in under 11 minutes. I can remember when 11 minutes was what I was doing 1 mile in. I might try running a 5k in May now.

So, what awesome progress do you have to brag about? Work out or other. Thanks for sharing, I have found this thread so motivating, especially during my 2 month plateau!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Finished the c25k program..yesterday I can run for 30 straight minutes. I can also go to cycling 3x a week and not have it kick my butt..I could have never done that 30days ago
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Anyone else? I'm sure there must be others with awesome progress!
  • ChristyB1117
    ChristyB1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can do a full minute of jumping jacks.

At least a 6-8 unmodified burpees and pushups, which I wondered would ever be possible.

I can tell I'm becoming stronger because I don't have the joint pain I used to. Instead it's (oddly) comforting muscle soreness from my workouts.
  • lizc0616
    lizc0616 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    -I can run full sprint on treadmill for 3 minutes (when i started i couldn't even do a minute, dang ciggs)
    - I can do 4 sets of 12 burpees
    - I can squat 30 reps in one set (currently day 7 of 30 day squat challenge.)
    - I can say NO to soft drinks, cookies, candy cake, debbiesnacks etc.
    - I can say i have loss 5% body fat & 14 lbs total from where i was at!

I started my fitness Journer The end of november, but did not hunker down till the new year. I am determined to throw on a bikini, look in the mirror and call myself HOT by may ;)
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Still have energy after working out to Insanity.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can do Impossible/Possible push ups using one medicine ball rather than two.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 1/2 miles after lifting :)
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    15 push-ups and not the girl push-ups the real ones lol :)
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Run up stairs without stopping or getting out of breath (the next goal is the hill outside my door) !!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I can squat my body weight...
  • chickenly
    chickenly Posts: 10
    Options
    Run 5km without dropping dead of exhaustion!! :)
  • deviant_illusion
    deviant_illusion Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day ever doing dead lifts! My trainer has been working me up to them because he said so many people hurt them selves doing them but as of today Im one of those people that can do it with proper technique. This is only my 5th week weight training and its starting to get fun!
  • KCollynsSargent
    KCollynsSargent Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I stepped foot on my treadmill and completed day 1 of C25K. Also, I'm no longer letting myself give excuses to why 'I can not' and only accepting reasons why 'I can'.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Initially I added a reply without reading... but having read back some responses, this is an awesome thread :smile:
  • A month ago I could barely get the elliptical up to 3.5 MPH without wanting to quit. Nowadays, I stay above 5.5 MPH. I can also lift heavier weights than I could before.

And the best thing is that I can now do squats without having to walk like a baby giraffe for a few days.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can now walk 3 miles (jogging) portions of it, without getting winded or tired.

I can now do some strength training using resistance bands, and I even moved up from using the yellow bands (least resistance).

I not only fit into the jeans that I pulled out of storage a month ago, but they are actually getting loose!
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can run at all! I am currently only doing 1.5 minutes running, 1 minute walking, but last month, I was satisfied with just walking.

I can eat up to my daily calorie allowance and not feel guilty about it. When I used to use my fitness pal, I had this horrible notion that I was always eating "too much" no matter how little I ate. I have lost 6 pounds in the last two weeks eating ALL of my calories (1800!) and I haven't had one guilty moment yet.
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pass up sweets- couldn't do that a month ago.