What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Finally at 17.5 lb dumbbells for biceps. Was stuck at 12 and 15 for so long long.
  • TNMclain1
    Options
    Sleep all night without waking up wanting something to eat. Button my jeans without sucking in my gut. These are just a few.
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A month ago, I was struggling with running 3 minutes straight, but this morning I did 8 minutes straight. Attempting 9 minutes straight on Tuesday! :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    20 hanging knee raises in one go.
    Could only do 10 before.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Friday night I took my run after work. I did my "Run for 1.5 miles, then you can take your 1 min walk." well, after 1.5 miles, I felt ok, so I kept running. And kept running. I ran 2.69 miles without stopping!!

PR'd my pace time AND distance without stopping. 1 month ago I did 2.61 miles in 36 mins, 13.47 pace with a walk/run. Friday I did 2.69 miles in 34 mins 12.39 pace, all running.

Still slow by some standards, but from where I started, I'm a gazelle!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha... I read this as 30 years ago... Hahahahaha! Compared to 30 years ago, I can now run and walk 100000000 times better and faster. 30 days ago... Well.. I'm a slacker... Haven't made much progress
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Deadlift my body weight!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Go without chocolate for a week.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can now drive by a McDonald's and not think twice about it.
    Walk past the chip shop on the way home and not be tempted
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Over the winter I didn't really shave my legs that much but now that's it is getting a little warmer I shaved them and boy it's a lot easier! But at the same time I have some extra skin so that was kinda a pain to deal with but oh well I think take it
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I can run intervals on the treadmill. Not for long but I'd never have dreamed of doing it 30 days ago :blushing:
  • lecounth
    lecounth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Triceps dips!
  • angelsom
    angelsom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I couldn't fit into my favorite jeans. Next month I hope to not fit into those either! I want to fit back into my shorts for summer!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Haul *kitten* for the train without having to take two trips or panting like a race horse afterward.
  • angelsom
    Options
    Congrats! I hate that the older I get the more I realize how weak my arms are. I can't wait for the day I can do a pushup!
  • angelsom
    Options
    thats great! I noticed after I took out sugar from my diet my body didn't hurt as much and I didn't ache when getting out of bed anymore!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I can run at all! I am currently only doing 1.5 minutes running, 1 minute walking, but last month, I was satisfied with just walking.

I can eat up to my daily calorie allowance and not feel guilty about it. When I used to use my fitness pal, I had this horrible notion that I was always eating "too much" no matter how little I ate. I have lost 6 pounds in the last two weeks eating ALL of my calories (1800!) and I haven't had one guilty moment yet.

I wish more people would be like you, and realize 1800/2000 is the minimum daily requirement for adult females. Welcome, and well done with your success!
  • fitgirldanyel
    fitgirldanyel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Push ups!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hill sprints.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    The mountain climber thing in bootcamp...I dont look great doing it but I can do it!