What can you do now that you couldn't do 30 days ago?

Options

Replies

• dsylikm
    dsylikm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Avoid sugar!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    At the beach there are lots of steep stairs. Last month, I nearly collapsed trying to walk up them. I had to stop 5 times and then rest when I got back to my car.

Yesterday, I was able to easily go up and down them twice without even thinking about it.

What else?
    Do pushups
    Run for 20 minutes straight.
  • danealoo
    Options
    I can now hold my foot in my hand and extend into a streching pose without falling. Yay!!!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Squat and deadlift over half my body weight, and run a 10-minute mile.
    ETA: This is an inspiring thread -- I want to clap and cheer for all of you!!
  • vermillionlove
    vermillionlove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ride my bike. I still get tired out pretty quickly from riding, but each time I feel stronger than the last. :)
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    leg press 35kg ( 77 lbs) with ease :happy:

leg curls and leg extensions 25kg (55 lbs)

ride my horse for 2 hours without even feeling tired or lethargic
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    For the first time in my LIFE, I can do a pullup - I never had the strength, even as a kid, in my arms to lift my bottom-heavy body up high enough to get my chin above the bar. Now I can :o) Someday I hope to be able to do two in a row!
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    run 7KM :)
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can walk up steep hills and multiple flights of stairs without breaking a sweat.
  • rage032
    Options
    Fit a Medium shirt.
  • sexieback1
    sexieback1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    well, not 30days ago but 7months ago I started my weight loss journey and did not enjoy running because I didn't believe I could do it. today I have lost 22pounds and have lost several inches all over my body. I can now run 1hour straight a day. I am working with a personal trainer and loving this whole process. this is my first time on mfp. the changes I am seeing are amazing.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Seated machine bench 61 kg. That's 3 kg more than my lowest weight when I was in my twenties. Unfortunately still a lot lower than my current body weight.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    fit into my jeans now without jumping and dancing an irish jig
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    My new jeans, now slide off without needing to unbutton them. I guess I need to start using a belt, I can't afford new jeans. :laugh:
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    for me, lose 8 pounds. And people are starting to notice.

Compared to 3 months ago, I can now - tie my shoes a lot better, can walk further, have more energy, am adopting 2 kitties today (YAY!) of which i now feel I have the energy to take care of them; and I have conquered a a lot of my food addiction; and going from "how in the world am i going to lose weight" to "hey this isn't so bad".
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    mine is utterly pathetic :( but I can now put on socks without a struggle, unlike 7 weeks ago when trying to put on socks would almost leave me in tears because it was so hard.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I am doing jogging now couldn't do that a month ago and I am getting better each time I do it
  • grau62000ameze
    Options
    Can jog 35mins non-stop in 9min/km which used to b 1213min/m.
    Workout&feel lesser pain than it used to be
    Planking 50secs&beyond
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I can run for three minutes straight.

Not a big deal compared to the most of you guys. But I haven't been able to do that before.

I am limited by my muscle endurance only now...before it was my lungs. Now muscle fatigue is what's slowing me down.

I can get up the hills at the track without thinking I'm going to die. 50-odd flights of stairs according to my fitbit. Again. Muscles, not endurance. This is a big thing for me...
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    30 days ago i couldnt walk a mile, now im back to my high school mile time of 7min, and can run for 2 1/2 miles straight, working toward my last summer amount which was 4 miles straight taking just 35 minutes. thats my running goal.

30 days ago i couldnt do a single yoga move, now my balance has improved, and i can do things like this...
    9705f7ec260d697f43bf58aabf83df8d.jpg

90 days ago i wanted to eat chips and cake and processed foods, now i dont think twice about things like that, i want apples and farmstand strawberries, and protein shakes.
    Wow! That's incredible progress, congrats!!!