I am stuck!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I started this diet April 10th. I have only lost 9 pounds. What else do I need to do??? I suppose I need to move more. I work 40 hours a week, walk briskly on my breaks, I eat like I am supposed to.....Haven't went over too many times since I started....This is getting really old.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes time.
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Do you have a medical condition or are on a medication that causes weight or fluid retention? If you are, speak with you health professional. If you are not, starting tracking everything as it could be an energy in/energy out imbalance. 1.5lb per week is still a decent result.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's getting really old after less than 2 months?!? I've been here 11 years, and I'm the past 2 years I haven't maintained a single 9 pound loss...

Seems like you just need perspective.

Also, you answered your own question in mentioning you need to move more. Listen to your intuition.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    9lbs in 6 weeks is EXCELLENT progress. You're doing amazing, sweetie. Woman's World and all those other sh*trag magazines that promise you'll LOSE 40 LBS IN 40 MINUTES or whatever flavor of BS they're peddling these days are just that, BS. Weight loss takes time, 1lb per week is good progress and you're at about 1.5lb/week - in fact I might even advise you to redo the guided setup and set it to lose 1lb per week going forward. You don't have that much to lose. Suffering is not required for weight loss, so if you're tired and feel crappy all the time losing at a more aggressive pace, it's OK to slow down a little bit.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Have you had a general physical recently? Some simple things could be causing the general state of tiredness. Low iron, b vitamins, vitamin D are possibilities. So if you've not had one recently - finding out if you need to increase or update any supplements could make a difference.

Congrats on the 9 pounds! Weight loss is an ongoing process. Accurately & honestly logging calories in, moving more (for health & fitness reasons) and generally improving your physical condition as days, weeks, months go by. Try to celebrate what you've accomplished and keeping move onward.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This sounds like excellent progress. How much were you expecting to lose?

• age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    On average weight loss goals should be no more than 1-2 pounds per week. You are 6 weeks in and have lost 9 pounds! That’s awesome!
    Keep going, seems like you are on your way to a healthier, sustainable lifestyle.
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Even if you get stuck on the scale look for other signs of progress. Especially feeling better about yourself and gaining more internal motivation. Also little changes in how my clothes fit tells me that progress is still happening despite the numbers on the scale. You got this!
  • goldyray1
    goldyray1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I kind of wanted to lose maybe 12 to 15 pounds by now, but that is okay. After reading some of these comments, I am ok with my loss so far. The weight tends to go up and down. One day I will weight and it will be 168. The next morning it may be 170 pounds. That bothers me some.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    goldyray1 wrote: »
    I kind of wanted to lose maybe 12 to 15 pounds by now, but that is okay. After reading some of these comments, I am ok with my loss so far. The weight tends to go up and down. One day I will weight and it will be 168. The next morning it may be 170 pounds. That bothers me some.

That's completely normal, to have ups and downs on the scale day to day. Mostly, it's changes in water retention or digestive contents on their way to becoming waste, when the change is quick like that. It's not fat, mostly: Fat loss is slow, gradual.

I'd strongly recommend that you read this:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

Fat loss shows up in your weight trend over multiple weeks. Most of that 9 pounds you've lost in 6 weeks - which is fast loss given how little you have to lose - is fat loss. The ups and downs in water retention and digestive contents make it play peek a boo on the scale, over short time periods, but it shows up in the longer term trend. Water weight changes are part of how a healthy body goes about being and staying healthy.
  • goldyray1
    goldyray1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

That's completely normal, to have ups and downs on the scale day to day. Mostly, it's changes in water retention or digestive contents on their way to becoming waste, when the change is quick like that. It's not fat, mostly: Fat loss is slow, gradual.

I'd strongly recommend that you read this:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

Fat loss shows up in your weight trend over multiple weeks. Most of that 9 pounds you've lost in 6 weeks - which is fast loss given how little you have to lose - is fat loss. The ups and downs in water retention and digestive contents make it play peek a boo on the scale, over short time periods, but it shows up in the longer term trend. Water weight changes are part of how a healthy body goes about being and staying healthy.

I read every bit of that article. It did explain a lot of stuff for me. Thank you so much!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options

9lbs in 6 weeks is EXCELLENT progress. You're doing amazing, sweetie. Woman's World and all those other sh*trag magazines that promise you'll LOSE 40 LBS IN 40 MINUTES or whatever flavor of BS they're peddling these days are just that, BS. Weight loss takes time, 1lb per week is good progress and you're at about 1.5lb/week - in fact I might even advise you to redo the guided setup and set it to lose 1lb per week going forward. You don't have that much to lose. Suffering is not required for weight loss, so if you're tired and feel crappy all the time losing at a more aggressive pace, it's OK to slow down a little bit.

I think this may be worth another mention and your serious consideration. You may think 1.5lb/wk is too slow. It’s actually pretty aggressive and very well could be the root of your fatigue. Generally 0.5lb/wk is recommended for 20lb or closer to goal. Try it and see how you feel!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

This is just how weight works. I'm maintaining, have been for years. This morning I was two pounds lighter than yesterday, tomorrow I may be two pounds higher. Your scale weight at a given time isn't just your muscle and fat, your weight is influenced by your hydration and how much food is in your body.