Gym shirts that I just don't understand

Options
124»

Replies

• GeminiDelight
    GeminiDelight Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    the y i go to would ask you to leave if you have cuss words or sexual profanity on your shirts. it is in their membership agreement that you sign. it is a family place.

i have never gotten any flack for not being christian there. their belief is that they are the ones doing the christian thing by making sure that everyone has an opportunity to be healthy and have access to community activities.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I have a shirt that has a caduceus and says "Ask your doctor if getting off your *kitten* is right for you!" and one that has a Dia de los Muertos skeleton and says "F#%& YOU, I"M FROM TEXAS" on it (but I never wear the second one anymore). And yes, I was born in 1975, so I have no manners. It's my mom's fault; she didn't teach me any. I do work on learning them though.

Personally, I'm grateful when d-bags advertise their status to the world. It's easier to avoid them when you know them for what they are.

4lo85v.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    It's the Alpha male insecurity thing. Gotta be noticed or they ain't much.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I don't care if someone is in a clown outfit while I workout. I am there to workout. I guess I'm more focused on my purpose then scoping the atmosphere of my gym
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have a shirt that says "Hold my beer while I run with your boyfriend". It is leftover from my college XC days, and was funny then but I would not wear it now. Not that I have grown up much, but I feel like I have gotten a little smarter.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,542 Member
    Options
    I do not spend time looking around during my cardio, but when I am lifting and have 1-2 minutes rest before my next set, sure I'll look around, see the exercises others are doing, see if anybody I recognize is also there, etc. When my watch says time's up, time for the next set, then I refocus for the few seconds needed for that set, and then I'm back to people watching.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Gym Shirts ?

I just wear plain black or plain gray moisture wicking shirts along with black shorts (everydamnday).

Why put any energy into wardrobe, at the gym?

Besides, if you wear a gimmicky t-shirt, you're inviting someone to comment and possibly interrupt your workout.

Nobody needs that.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Gym Shirts ?

I just wear plain black or plain gray moisture wicking shirts along with black shorts (everydamnday).

Besides, if you wear a gimmicky t-shirt, you're inviting someone to comment and possibly interrupt your workout.

Nobody needs that.

Boring.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    Gym Shirts ?

Nobody needs that.

Boring.

What if I told you that these same shirts were constructed from tear-away fabric?
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    Gym Shirts ?

Nobody needs that.

Boring.

What if I told you that these same shirts were constructed from tear-away fabric?

Hugo Boss tear-aways are last season.

This season, Barnum & Bailey jump-intos are all the rage...

giphy.gif