Your number one reason to lose weight

Replies

• misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Mainly to feel better in general, to feel healthy. But another reason is that I'm just tired of being big. I've gone up and down all over the place and it is frustrating. And also, to maybe attract a boyfriend.
  • dognamedpig
    dognamedpig Posts: 38 Member
    To look good sitting down, which is what I do all day at work, and standing up.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    It was an attempt to make my surgically repaired ankle not hurt so much all the time.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    I think my number one motivation is my clothes. I have so many that don't fit, and slowly I've just been replacing them and hiding them at the back of my wardrobe - but a while ago my bike jeans were really tight, and those things are expensive so I can't just replace them! My waterproof trousers are also tight, and they were about £200 so I need to be able to fit in them by winter. It got to the point where my clothes were spoiling my bike rides, or even putting me off because I didn't want the hassle of getting dressed. I even made myself a button extender out of a hair bobble as I couldn't fasten my jeans! Now, the button will do up properly, although they're a little bit tight - but soon they will fit better!

I also have the motivation that I get back pain from arthritis, and if I was smaller it may not be as bad. But for me that's not a huge motivator, as it's only a MIGHT - I've been smaller before and still had pain.Whereas I know that if I am smaller my clothes will fit.
  • sgdenton
    sgdenton Posts: 41 Member
    #1 - To feel sexy in my own skin.

Other reasons; To be healthier, to fit into clothes better, to be a faster runner, to have more opportunities in my career.
  • Bluefishstick
    Bluefishstick Posts: 6 Member
    To be healthier, finding clothes that fit well and look nice! Finally tracking my food and really real like that is helping me to realize what and how much I have been actually eating!
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    ...because I literally cannot afford to outgrow my wardrobe anymore. I'm down to a handful of slapped-together outfits in which I look presentable and/or feel comfortable. Clothes are the last thing I have room in my budget for. Being tall (and in denial) it took a while for me to acknowledge the 40ish pounds that crept up on me over the past 4-5 years, until recently when I admitted to myself that my pants indeed were getting a little more than "suspiciously snug." The last straw was when I recently had to add an extender tab to my bra band...

Oh yeah, and health and longevity and all that good stuff, too.
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    I can't buy a 20 lbs lighter sled this year so I need to be a twenty lbs lighter rider!. Oh and I want to be smokin hot naked.
  • My doctor put the fear of disease in me.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    So I don't die.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    I want to live!
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    I want to run faster / easier
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    So I am no longer limited to buying clothes that look like shower curtains.
  • michele440
    michele440 Posts: 2 Member
    I like to be able to move better. My joints ache and I feel like I have less body strength. Getting older and being overweight is tough on the body.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    My knee was giving me so much grief that I finally realized that if I didn't get active and keep moving I would in all likelihood end up having surgery and ending up in a wheel chair. I want to enjoy my kid free years and have energy and motivation to run around with the grand kids when they eventually arrive. Yeah and no hurry on those grand kids either please.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    ...because I literally cannot afford to outgrow my wardrobe anymore. I'm down to a handful of slapped-together outfits in which I look presentable and/or feel comfortable. Clothes are the last thing I have room in my budget for. Being tall (and in denial) it took a while for me to acknowledge the 40ish pounds that crept up on me over the past 4-5 years, until recently when I admitted to myself that my pants indeed were getting a little more than "suspiciously snug." The last straw was when I recently had to add an extender tab to my bra band...

Oh yeah, and health and longevity and all that good stuff, too.
    I've recently gone down a bra back size, and I haven't been doing this very long. So in a short while you'll be able to ditch that extender if you stick at it, and I know you can!
  • jazzvel
    jazzvel Posts: 5
    For overall health and to feel comfortable around people without a shirt! :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    My Health:flowerforyou:
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    For my health, for how good it makes me feel, the energy it gives me.

Second, for my appearance.
  • BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member