☀️Just for July Logging and Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    @KakoHikes I hear you about doctors making you nervous.. hope everything goes well on Thursday. Doesn't it feel great to wear old clothes that used to be tight?

Husband and I are on a week of holidays and pretty much all our plans revolve around different forms of exercise! Feels like we have come a long weay.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,792 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 & @KakoHikes,

I agree…We have come a long way…in a short amount of time. It’s so nice to have like- minded friends and family to join you on your journey to better health.

Day 5 is off and running!

Jill
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Morning team!
    Day 5 for me is going to be a ton of biking.
    Unfortunately, it will involve a lot of driving too... but we are going to a new place, and had to find somewhere that wasn't going to be pouring rain all day!
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy day 7…
    Time to cut the grass before it rains!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    We are off on a hike today. Love getting my exercise in these ways! We are having an active vacation.
  • partyagogo
    partyagogo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am interested in daily exercise logging and weekly weight logging. I am hoping I can stay consistent starting today!

Exercises: I did a HIIT style workout for 30 minutes today that included 5 minutes stretching and 3 minutes warm up and 2 minutes cool down.

Starting weight this week: 236.2

Food intake: Could definitely be better. I finished off my 4th of July BBQ meal (Rotisserie Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese and Charro Beans.) Will work on getting back on my intermittent fasting schedule as well as getting my water intake back up!
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello! It been a busy few days but pretty good over all. Yesterday and today were my “rest days” for exercise and am looking forward to getting back to ring fit tomorrow. Been under my calorie goal, but still am having a hard time remembering to drink more water. I think need to make sticky note reminders and leave them everywhere. Weighed 225 this morning! Am down a pound since last time and 15lbs since May 28th when I started logging again. Am excited for the mini milestone and I am hoping can keep the momentum going as the weight loss rate slows down.

Glad to have you join in partyagogo, hope you find people’s post as encouraging as I do.
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    It's FriYay again! Looking forward to a bit of lazy morning tomorrow, I will need to mow before it gets too hot though.

I've been good on logging, being under my calories this week. After work this morning put chicken and some veggies in the crockpot for dinner/snacks/salad toppings and put together salads for today and the weekend, save for the chicken on top. I bought some tofu and Jicama to try when I went shopping, have a recipe I want to try for the tofu but not sure what to do for the Jicama. Have a co-worker who just munches on it cut up, so may just try that. Any Recs?

I also have a few pints on strawberries to use, along with a pint or marionberries, raspberries and cherries. Love getting local fruits, but may have been a bit to enthusiastic, will probably have to freeze some.

My doctor appointment went well. I liked the new dr and she didn't think I needed to be on any new meds yet. As long as I keep up the good work, my BP and triglycerides should improve. That's extra motivation to keep going right there. Getting my labs done again in 6 months, will be interesting to see if/how things improve
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @KakoHikes The only way I've ever had jicama is raw like your coworkers eats it.. I like it like that! Congrats on the positive doc appt

Today was fun - my husband and I participated in a 9 hole golf tournament together with friends. Love getting my exercise is those types of ways. Also did yoga and a brisk dog walk - my movement has gone way up since I've started and I really crave it now.

Night all.
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi Friends,

I’ve been in a slump for the past few days… so glad I’m coming out of it. I deleted a very addictive phone game that I haven’t been able to put down for a week… it was frustrating, but I couldn’t stop playing it. I decided on my walk with my dog that the stupid game was turning me into a couch potato… so now it’s gone, and I feel so much better. Glad to be back!

Jill
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Glad your back Jill! I’ve had apps like that, they annoy me so much and yet I keep on playing them. I’ve been keeping it to just one game at a time on my phone which helps.

That’s great that you have been having physical activity be your fun time AshleyCarole, It seems like you and your husband are a great team! Used to go “walking” with a friend, by calling each other when we walked. That was a great motivation, she’s working nights now so our schedules don’t match for that anymore

Still working on trying to drink more water this week and to make a new recipe. I bought the tofu last week but didn’t make it. I should be on track to lose a pound or two this week. Scale has not gone down at all the last 5 days despite meeting calorie goals and exercise, figure have my period to blame and progress will start showing again on scale soon.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Giggling a bit because I can so relate - my husband and I are both addicted to Yahtzee on our phones, and it's amazing how much of a time suck it is!!

Back to work today after last week's active holiday. To set the week off on the right foot, I got up an hour before work today to walk.

What tofu recipe were you hoping to make @KakoHikes ?
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Good job getting up before work to walk!

I'm debating on two different easy ones, ones using it in stir fry, the other is baked tofu. Leaning more towards the baked Tofu, seems kinda like making homemade chicken strips, cut the tofu, dip it in egg, then breadcrumbs with seasonings and bake in oven for 20 minutes. I have leftovers for tomorrow, and probably Thursday. Going to make it Friday at latest... I've gotten tofu a couple other times in the past saying I'd try it then end up tossing it a month or two later when cleaning the fridge.
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    Weighed 223.4 yesterday, lost 1.6lbs! Back to progress after my period was like you want to loss weight? haha, no.

Was able to walk outside yesterday and today, did my normal loop with the steep hill in 45 minutes today! Baby deer distracted me yesterday took about 47 minutes. Back in March it took me 55mins. It’s about 2.2miles, so have a bit of room for improvement but am excited at the progress. I feel like I am okay enough shape to go hiking with a friend later this month, first time I’ve gone in a couple years. Before I felt like I would not survive even attempting to go. I’ll still be winded but it seems more doable.

Made the baked tofu today, I liked it. Using panko gave it a nice texture and made better by dipping it in ketchup. While I don’t see myself becoming a vegetarian, it’s nice to have another non-meat protein I like.
  • jm216
    Options
    July 21…
    Another awesome yard day!☀️
    Carpe Diem friends!

Jill
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Started my day with a round of golf, salad at lunch.. things are still on track here!
    Exercising daily and keeping track of everything.
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Started my day with a round of golf, salad at lunch.. things are still on track here!
    Exercising daily and keeping track of everything.

Nice going!
    I got back on the wagon yesterday, and I feel so much better!

Jill
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Last night my husband and I went out for a long bike ride... felt stronger on the bike so it was nice to have that NSV... there will be more days ahead where I feel totally beat, but I will enjoy that feeling for the moment :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Last night my husband and I went out for a long bike ride... felt stronger on the bike so it was nice to have that NSV... there will be more days ahead where I feel totally beat, but I will enjoy that feeling for the moment :)

• KakoHikes
    Options
    I’ve been doing good on logging everything, had one day I was over by 160 calories but otherwise I have been under my calorie goals. Have been exercising every day but on Monday, my normal rest day. Just 20 minutes one day but it’s something.

Not been feeling the best this week, tired, nauseous and more scattered brained, started taking Sudafed three times a day per drs rx to see if that will help with my tinnitus and it’s taking time for my body to get used to that I think. It’s been a struggle to get motivated and talk myself into exercising. I keep telling myself don’t want to lose my momentum so at least do something.