Larger sizes: Why is there no fashion in double digits

Options

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Cause nothing looks good on fat people anyway.

tumblr_inline_mqw55qsYMx1qz4rgp.gif
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    69ls3l.gif
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Will-Smith-family-e1377488378325.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Totally hideous.

plus-size-models-v-magazine-2.jpg

Now, I have to go shower. I feel dirty for feeding the troll.

Behold the powers of Photoshop.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Totally hideous.

Fat!? Those ladies?

tumblr_mdmbo7WPt21qbz330o2_500.gif

i69xgtxhS6aZE.gif

I don't think you understand. They are plus sized models by high fashion standards. Probably wearing between a 14-18 depending -- the OP was about fashion past a size 12. The ridiculous comment the came after supposed that all folks beyond a 12 are fat and look terrible in clothes. So I posted a high fashion shot of women beyond a 12 looking pretty fab not just in clothes, but in clothes that are usually seen on women who wear much smaller sizes.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Fq4k1em.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Totally hideous.

Actually so is basically every image that is published, so this one being shopped is irrelevant. It's pretty absurd to contend that all women beyond a size 12 look terrible in clothes. These women, even if shopped, don't appear to shopped down to below a size 14, which is what the point of the photo. Not where it has been touched.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I don't think you understand. They are plus sized models by high fashion standards. Probably wearing between a 14-18 depending -- the OP was about fashion past a size 12. The ridiculous comment the came after supposed that all folks beyond a 12 are fat and look terrible in clothes. So I posted a high fashion shot of women beyond a 12 looking pretty fab not just in clothes, but in clothes that are usually seen on women who wear much smaller sizes.

Do it again, but without models in a studio with perfect lighting and half an hour of professional post-processing.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Do it again, but without models in a studio with perfect lighting and half an hour of professional post-processing.

I responded to you with why your argument is totally invalid, but thanks for playing.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options

Totally hideous.

Actually so is basically every image that is published, so this one being shopped is irrelevant. It's pretty absurd to contend that all women beyond a size 12 look terrible in clothes. These women, even if shopped, don't appear to shopped down to below a size 14, which is what the point of the photo. Not where it has been touched.

Women aren't this flawless at that weight. Without photo shop they would likely have visible cellulite and stretch marks.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm saving this thread for later. I'm thinking it will be up to page 18 within three hours.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

Totally hideous.

I personally think even a thin person would look hideous in those outfits. They're just horrible looking all around.
  • jonnythan
    Options

I responded to you with why your argument is totally invalid, but thanks for playing.

Funny that in a conversation about real women fitting into real clothes in the real world, you are clinging to a professional studio shot with large quantities of post-processing as your evidence for fashionable overweight women in bathing suits.

Carry on :laugh:
  • Headingforhealthier
    Options
    Because seriously, there are some clothes that don't look good on bigger women. More cut styles and patterns than anything, but it is true. I would know :P
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Totally hideous.

Women aren't this flawless at that weight. Without photo shop they would likely have visible cellulite and stretch marks.

I think what you meant to saw is that women aren't flawless at ANY weight. Photoshop is used on women (and men) across the board.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Funny that in a conversation about real women fitting into real clothes in the real world, you are clinging to a professional studio shot with large quantities of post-processing as your evidence for fashionable overweight women in bathing suits.

Eh, are you actually arguing you've never seen a plus sized woman look good in clothes in real life? I chose that photo specifically because it's a high fashion shot, all of which are shopped. /The end.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options

Totally hideous.

I think what you meant to saw is that women aren't flawless at ANY weight. Photoshop is used on women (and men) across the board.

No, I meant *this* flawless at *this* weight. I can see how you misunderstood that though.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Eh, are you actually arguing you've never seen a plus sized woman look good in clothes in real life? I chose that photo specifically because it's a high fashion shot, all of which are shopped. /The end.

No. I'm arguing that your photoshopped picture of models in a studio does not even remotely illustrate what you claim it does.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Hm. :noway: I don't know about that, but I do know that jorts and gold nail polish don't look good on anyone. :flowerforyou:
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I personally think even a thin person would look hideous in those outfits. They're just horrible looking all around.

EXACTLY ...