• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Holy moly @AlphaHowls
    😲
    There are no words!

Awesome is a start!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @kgirlhart one house I run by every now and then got a dog. Or they are keeping front door open. Twice I've gone by and been startled vy the dog only because I'm not expecting it. I usually know which yards have the dogs (and now chickens) after running around here for 10+ years
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    Nice running @kgirlhart ! I often startle cattle on my run too. When I was little, dad would bring home pigeons that had fallen out of nests where he worked. We would keep them until they could eat and fly and then let them go. Some stuck around and some didn't. We always tried to think of "gender neutral" names for them. My favorite was Alice Cooper. It would come flying when we called. It was so funny. There was another too, but I can't think of the name right now.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    7-1 4k tempo
    7-2 7k tempo
    7-3 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    7-4 7k measy
    7-5 rest
    7-6 7k measy
    7-7 6k measy (but a lot closer to easy than moderate)
    7-8 rest
    7-9 7k temperate
    7-10 7k measy
    7-11 7k moderate
    7-12 rest

July Total: 59k
    July Goal: 150k

Golf today instead of running. After yesterday's 2.3 inches of rain, course will undoubtedly be like a swamp.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • quilteryoyo
    I'm glad you are feeling better @penguinmama87 ! Take it easy today and fully recover. Stomach bugs are the worst.
  • quilteryoyo
    @polskagirl01 About run the world group. I forgot to say that I haven't added my miles for a while, but adding a couple more people wouldn't hurt.

@skippygirlsmom Great running and love the encouragement you got from the biker. Also love the names for the donkey.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I'm feeling a little better today, not 100% but running easy felt right so I got in about 8k. It was raining at first and just muggy by the end. Saw the swans (and 3 tents, across from unattended fishing poles - fishermen must've been hiding from the rain).

So who else wants to run around the world with us? I'm not sure if this is the right link, though - if it's not, and someone has the signup link, will you post it for us? @TheMrWobbly
  • quilteryoyo
    Glad you felt like running today @polskagirl01 ! Hope you continue to improve.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    I tried joining that run the world group, but it's giving me a lot of trouble due to browser/security settings. So I will sadly pass as the tinkering to join and then reconfigure each time to make an update probably is more time/effort than I'm willing to invest. Sorry!
  • quilteryoyo
    @Zoomie402 I'm glad rolling your foot helped. Hopefully another day of not running and it will be okay. Plus, it's okay to cry it out. I do it all the time.

I don't blame you. Thanks for trying @WhatMeRunning !

Great job on finishing your HM @pfeiferlindsey . Too bad the course was a bit short.