July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    7-1 2.1 miles running and 1.0 mile walking (Hill Repeats after cutting cedars for almost 1.5 hours)
    7-2 0.0 miles running but 1.0 mile walking on treadmill (also played doubles tennis this morning)
    7-3 9.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (easy pace, but not an easy run)
    7-4 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking laps on the driveway
    7-5 2.3 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (also played doubles tennis for almost 2 hours, outdoors)
    7-6 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking
    7-7 1.0 mile running, 1.0 mile walking (fast mile)
    7-8 2.6 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (Hill Repeats - 6 months post surgery)
    7-9 0.0 mile running, 1.0 mile walking (hot and humid)
    7-10 7.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (easy pace, very humid)
    7-11 0.0 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (rest day)
    7-12 2.8 miles running, 1.0 mile walking (tempo run)

MT = 26.8/70 miles running: 12.0/31miles walking

Morning dealings with bureaucracy in the spoiler, if interested.
    Called the IRS this morning to let them know that they owe me money. I wasn't able to get through to anyone. No matter which number I called or which choice I made, I got the same recording "Due to an extremely high call volume on the topic for which you are calling, we are unable to handle your call at this time." I gave up after 5 tried and called my Representative's local office for help. Unfortunately, in order for her to file an inquiry on my behalf, I have to fill out an electronic form which will take a while to complete. I think I will try to call the IRS again, maybe tomorrow morning, and then if I don't get them, work on the form. Just wasn't in the mood today.

Then, I organized the information I have regarding all I have done to get the VA to increase my cousins Aid & Attendance. The latest letter indicates that at some point, he appointed the VFW as his representative to the VA. I am going to have to find out for sure and then figure out how to revoke it. I called his social worker who gave me a number to call for the VFW. That person is supposed to call me back.

So, while I had a busy morning, I really didn't get a lot accomplished. But, I tried.[\spoiler]

My schedule called for a temp run today. It was supposed to be zone 1/zone 2/zone 3/zone 2/zone 1 for 5/5/15/5/5 minutes. I ran on the treadmill this afternoon so I could control my pace better. I ran the required times at 4.2/4.5/5.0/4.5/4.2 mph, adding enough at the end to get to a good stopping point. My HR was a little off. I was in zone 1 for only 1:27 minutes. I was in zone 2 for 27:33 minutes, and in zone 3 for only 7:01 minutes. Most of that zone 2 was above 147 bpm, so I'm going to say I did okay. I may try going a little bit faster next time I have a similar workout and see what happens. This run did feel pretty easy, once I overcame the desire to take walk breaks.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Humm. When I looked at my original post, the entire thing showed up. Preview showed it missing the last paragraph. Hit edit and it was still there. Hit post reply and it's gone again. So, here is what was supposed to be the last paragraph in the above post. If it shows up twice, pleas forgive me.

My schedule called for a temp run today. It was supposed to be zone 1/zone 2/zone 3/zone 2/zone 1 for 5/5/15/5/5 minutes. I ran on the treadmill this afternoon so I could control my pace better. I ran the required times at 4.2/4.5/5.0/4.5/4.2 mph, adding enough at the end to get to a good stopping point. My HR was a little off. I was in zone 1 for only 1:27 minutes. I was in zone 2 for 27:33 minutes, and in zone 3 for only 7:01 minutes. Most of that zone 2 was above 147 bpm, so I'm going to say I did okay. I may try going a little bit faster next time I have a similar workout and see what happens. This run did feel pretty easy, once I overcame the desire to take walk breaks.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I tried joining that run the world group, but it's giving me a lot of trouble due to browser/security settings. So I will sadly pass as the tinkering to join and then reconfigure each time to make an update probably is more time/effort than I'm willing to invest. Sorry!

I seem to recall others initially having trouble getting signed up (maybe it was certain browsers?) as well. So I don't blame you either. Once I got mine working and connected to Strava, it started updating itself and I don't have to do anything.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I tried joining that run the world group, but it's giving me a lot of trouble due to browser/security settings. So I will sadly pass as the tinkering to join and then reconfigure each time to make an update probably is more time/effort than I'm willing to invest. Sorry!

I seem to recall others initially having trouble getting signed up (maybe it was certain browsers?) as well. So I don't blame you either. Once I got mine working and connected to Strava, it started updating itself and I don't have to do anything.
    I'll try again from my phone tonight. The issue was with the sign up and functionality between the link they email you and their site.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Ok, I'm now logged on out there, but says I need a code to join the MFPRunner groups challenge? When I click join nothing happens, but has a box to enter a code. No emails have bern sent with the code.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I found the original post in the January challenge and the code is MFPRunners2021
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo I'm in and synched up with Garmin Connect. Not sure how far back it will go in my activities this year, but it showed 6+ miles already. That might just be today's run and walk however (if it counts walk miles)
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I love fartleks. I get bored when trying to maintain a certain pace.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Fartleks. Do I love them or hate them?

Not sure.

I hate them enough for the both of us.