Thanks, everyone!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Good job on your race @sweetdaisy13
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    10k running club race this morning, in aid of a local children's Cancer charity. Raised lots of money for a worthy cause and it was a great event.

Ran 10k in 50:57, average pace of 8:08 min per mile and 183 feet of Elevation. Temperature was approx 77F and too hot for me.

It was around 4 minutes off my PB, but happy with the time and it was nice to be able to run with fellow club members.

July cumulative:
    69.9/100 miles
    6,227/10,000 feet of elevation

Well done!!!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Great job on your race @Tramboman!! Congrats!

Glad you joined us in RTW @penguinmama87!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Great races @sweetdaisy13 and @Tramboman !
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Welcome @julieannegannon

Congrats @sweetdaisy13

Welcome back @MikeRunsDaily2021
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I’m new to the group . I’m a novice runner. I’ve put myself on a training program to run a 10k in October. Currently I’m up to 20 minutes running then I continue to walk until I hit 10 miles. I’ve been walking many years and have reached at most 25 miles. I will begin to post my minutes at first and then I’ll post eventually in miles. I need encouragement and if any of you want to friend me I would be most honored if you want be their for me on a closer level. By the way I just turned 58 years old so need the extra support.

Welcome! You’ll find a lot of us here are 50+ women, there’s a whole gaggle of us!

Are you using a program like c25k or some particular training program?
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I’m new to the group . I’m a novice runner. I’ve put myself on a training program to run a 10k in October. Currently I’m up to 20 minutes running then I continue to walk until I hit 10 miles. I’ve been walking many years and have reached at most 25 miles. I will begin to post my minutes at first and then I’ll post eventually in miles. I need encouragement and if any of you want to friend me I would be most honored if you want be their for me on a closer level. By the way I just turned 58 years old so need the extra support.

Welcome @julieannegannon, I’m glad you found us!