WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed my yoga class this morning. The exercise is wonderful and the other students are becoming people I consider good friends. Today is beautiful outside. 🌹
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Today was 2 eggs over easy, a slice of toast, and berries with yogurt. Then coffee. I know its not 1200 calories, but that's ok. Last night I fixed chicken fried rice so tonight is my day off, and they're just fixing pizza. Might make some oatmeal bars with lots of nuts, raisins, and maybe some peanut butter. Just making an oatmeal cookie base, then add all the extra ingredients, and flour to make it bar like.
    Hugs
    Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    (((Carol)))

2 days to catch up. Lol pg10
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Read up to date but no time left to comment.

Had a busy long weekend, mostly desk work, doing a review of writing.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 2hrs 31min 5src, 3.18ap, 120elev, 81agr, 115mhr, 8.04mi= 731c
    Strava app = 974c
    Zwift home spin bike- 18.43min, 366elev, 118aw, 58ahr, 121ahr, 146mhr, 16.41amph, 5.12mi= 182c
    Zwift app- 128c
    Lateral machine- 30min, 119ahr, 138mhr, 10w, 5lvl, 14-1/2 laps, 54arpm, 3.41mi= 216c
    Other- 2.37min, hangs crunches knee to waist, 100ahr, 121mhr. 5sets of 10ea= 30c

Total cal 1159
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I watched the Fourth of July fireworks from the comfort of our deck. They were shot off from Sand Island, across from us. It was the first time for many years. Our sweet dog was terrified of them so we went camping instead of watching fireworks.

Sorry to hear about your pooch. This is the 1st 4th here. Minimal firewood in comparison to our old house in Washington, yogi was ca okay , thank goodness.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies,
    Well i have to say that when i walk i dont nap and thats a good thing..
    Endocrinologist tomorrow afternoon,we shall see what she has to say
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. Since ceramics is closed, I’ll probably go for my evening walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump video.

Work: well, today I was told that I should go home early. When I continued to clean, they had another manager tell me to go home. In the end, by the time I went to the bathroom, they saved all of 2 minutes (maybe 3). What I’ll do is ask the store manager if I could talk to him in private. Then ask him if I’m being fired. Today I was told that I was hired to clean the carts and they are no longer doing that. Honestly, I was never told that the only reason I was hired was to clean the carts and when that wasn’t being done anymore, that’s the end of my job. So I guess we shall see what happens when I talk to the store manager.

B3tybo – welcome! Come often for lots of help and encouragement. I don’t have a fitbit so I can’t help you with that. But I do know that others on here have one and I’m sure someone can help you.

Penny ex-Polster – from one beautiful location to another – lucky you

Allie – good for you!

Vicki – I guess my problem is that I only want to work 7a.m. to about 12. I can do it on Sat. Sun, I need either Mon or Tues off, then I need one day be it Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday off. We shall see what happens. Why Food Lion doesn’t want an employee who is willing to give 4 hours of work to them and who the customers appear to like (today one lady asked if she could give me a tip, when I told her that she didn’t have to, she told me how nice and friendly I always am and asked if she could take me home) is beyond me. They would rather have employees who will give the company 4 hours of work and then stand around doing nothing for 4 hours.

Allie – hope everything goes well with the doc.

vargrprincess – welcome!

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Well, I decided that sometime this week I'll go to Food Lion, explain that I feel that one of my strengths is helping the customer and I don't feel that my strength is being utilized. Therefore, I'm giving them my 2 weeks notice since I don't feel the job is as rewarding as it had been. Please let me know if you'd like me to come in next week or terminate my employment as of today.

I'm very fortunate in that it's not like we need this job to put food on the table. There are some things that I would like, but nothing that I absolutely need to live. I always said when the job ceased to be enjoyable, that's when I'd leave. And I think that time has come.

But I do want to be professional and give them the two weeks notice. To be honest, I doubt they'll take it.

Michele NC
    who just might look at Lowe's Hardware. Truthfully, I'd prefer a food store since that's something I know. Maybe I'll go back to Burger King. I worked there maybe 25 years ago.

• kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello. I'd like to join.
    I'm 51 and been through this too many times to count.

I am 202 pounds 5'2". I have found I can't use the traditional Calories in Calories out as I can eat 1200 calories and not lose weight.

I've recently been watching a lot of video by Dr. Sten Ekberg and they have me so much more hopeful for health and weight loss then I've been in a really long time.

I have gallstones and a low functioning HIDA score. They want to remove my gallbladder. I have decided against this for now.

I have watched Ekberg's videos and believe I'm insulin resistant. I've done Atkins in the past and lost weight but found it not great. Now that I understand how insulin resistance is driven by carbs and that fats aren't bad I feel much better about low carb.

So my goal for July is
    1) to eat low carb
    2) a variety of gut friendly foods
    3) Exercise

Start Weight 203.1 (7/1/2021)

Low carb, just enough to stay in ketosis. Keto would be great for this but I currently don't want to do keto even though I think it would be more weight loss. I am eating lots of fresh veggies like spinach, onion, mushroom, zucchini, tomato and cucumber. I'm also eating lots of bone broth. I'm finding staying below 1200 very easy with the low carb and high volume foods. Of course I'm also eating meat, cheese, nuts and such.

I am also restricting my eating window (Intermittent fasting) to 8 hours. I've found this to be easy on low carb.

So far I'm down 5 pounds from the start about 10 days ago. This is mostly water weight but I was so bloated this is wonderful. And in less than 10 days my triglycerides have dropped from 210 to 120.

I'm feeling better and doing mild exercise almost every day.

So today I woke up in ketosis. Ate net carbs 50. walked twice. It was a good day.

I wish everyone who has struggled with being overweight and dieting would check out the information on insulin resistance cause it has changed my life. I watched so many of Dr. Ekberg's videos and then researched what he said finding medical journal reports to back it up. I'm just like wow.

I'm still working on catching up on reading everyone's intro.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Bessie and I survived the sounds of the fireworks by listening to podcasts and YouTube videos from 9PM until after midnight. She gets scared and the soothing sounds of the recordings I played lulled her back to sleep. I took a nap this afternoon to catch up on some of the sleep I missed.

:)Michele, I recall that you were hired to wipe of the carts so now that such a service is not needed it's not surprising that your job has ended.

:)Allie, I have found that taking a walk when I feel drowsy and want a nap, is just what I need to wake me up and stay awake until bedtime.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Beth Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline,
    Bonus: two loads laundry, lopped another tarp load of brush.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, clarification of chief’s report, finish and email draft minutes/meeting announcement, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    6-Pause, breathe and feel your feet firmly on the ground- except where the ground is loose and sinking near the old rotted stumps and the edge of the ravine ;}

The bear is back. Dogs went ballistic this morning but no fireworks heard. Joe investigated and found the bear had tipped over the can, pulled one kitchen bag out from the larger garbage bag and dragged it halfway down the hill, but abandoned it with the garbage unspread. Likely the dogs scared the bear off. Good dogs! Joe will get out the ammonia and spike strips.

KJ what Heather and Beth said. The real you is beautiful.
    @Dramaqueen45 honestly logging every bite, lick or sip is the very first step.
    Flea ((hugs))
    Welcome @vargrprincess Sunshine in the middle of TX, nice to meet you too!
    Allie fingers X’d for good news at endo’s appointment.
    Tracey no in lieu time for 200 unpaid hours? That is more than disappointing, it’s a shameful reflection on the owners.
    Welcome @kizanne2 and con VERY gratulations on the pounds taken off and the stunning triglycerides improvement.

Neck is killing me despite chiro last Thursday and hot tub time today. Really have to find an interim massage therapist while mine is undergoing PT. For now… ibuprofen.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 4, weigh/wii: 4/0/0; steps>6701=4362. vits=2.75, log=5, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=5, Tumble=3, Shadow=3, mfp=5, outside=5, up hill=5, clean 10=5.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC= PW=. Thurs: Fri:TC=1. Sat:PW=1. rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=3 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Penny would you share your jalapeno marinade recipe? Your grilled dinner sounds yummy to me. Is that a creek running across your property between your house and the road… or am I looking at the wrong white dot? ;)
    eyuanswhcfue.jpg

Barbara — calling it a recipe is like calling the rhyme on a birthday card an epic poem, but here goes:

Mince one small jalapeño and a clove of garlic
    Mix with juice of ½ lemon, a half tablespoon of soy sauce, and a tablespoon of olive oil

I use chicken breast sliced almost in half and butterflied to expose more of the meat to the marinade and so it cooks quicker.

You and Rebecca seem to be playing Find Penny's Place. :laugh:
    This is the one.
    pqxvvvxd8ayk.jpg

The creek we hear doesn't run through the property, but we have two springs on our lot, both of which produce little creeks of their own. One runs east of the house, and the other west of it, so I cross a narrow plank bridge when I go to hang the laundry on our quirky clothesline stretched from tree to tree. The creek to the east provides our drinking water — straight out of the ground!

Went out for an evening stroll with husband yesterday. We were mobbed by gulls, terns, redshanks, oystercatchers, and other birds of every stripe. That's fine by me. The oystercatchers were particularly vocal yesterday, no doubt because they had no fewer than four adolescent chicks to defend. It's only the terns who hack holes in your head and we know them well enough to tell when they're that angry and when they're just voicing their displeasure. They're brave, beautiful birds so I'm glad to interact with them on their terms. All you have to do to protect yourself is hold a stick above your head. They always go for the highest point.
    a444tbbba9g2.jpg

Another thing we noticed was the scent of flowers blooming everywhere! Up in the High Arctic it's so cold there are rarely any smells, and the few there are tend to be man-made (exhaust fumes and sewage). So I'm finding good things about our move. Nonetheless, one of the first things I do when I log onto my computer in the morning is check the 24-hour 360º webcam up in Longyearbyen.

/Penny, whose heart is still at the
    t07190.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    @Lagopus, out of curiosity, I looked up Tromsø, Norway and it looks like a lovely area for cycling! :)

Machka in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️