WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Yes I enjoy seeing my son,and i dont mind taking him to work but with it being 6 out of 7 days and only 4 hrs a day,it doesnt cramp how i can plan my week..i think it would be better to find a car for him so be can get out and about easier than having to rely on me...
    He is working 2-6 today
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    %%%%%%
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🎆🎇
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Sharon - It is good to see you posting again. :bigsmile:

Tracey - Thanks for the Happy Independence Day. :star:

(((Flea))) – Praying for your successful treatment & recovery. :heart:

(((Carol))) - I am sorry your eye surgery was difficult, and they were slow at providing eye drops. I hope the next treatment is better, and the cataract surgery goes well. :flowerforyou: I agree with Sue in WA. It would be good if you could take someone with you to the next appointment. :star:

Machka – I like the “it’s the small habits.” Thanks for sharing. It makes good sense. :flowerforyou:

Kylia - Happy Sunday & Happy 4th of July! :star:

Heather – So sorry that your friend is in the hospital with lung cancer. I hope things go in his favor. :flowerforyou:

Minicooper –Thanks for the Happy Fourth of July flag! :star:

Tracey -- Thanks for the Happy Independence Day. :star:

(((Flea))) – Praying for your successful treatment & recovery. :heart:

(((Carol))) -- I am sorry your eye surgery was difficult, and they were slow at providing eye drops. I hope the next treatment is better, and the cataract surgery goes well. :flowerforyou: I agree with Sue in WA. It would be good if you could take someone with you to the next appointment. :star:

Machka – I like the “it’s the small habits.” Thanks for sharing. It makes good sense. :flowerforyou:

Kylia -- Happy Sunday & Happy 4th of July! :star:

Heather – So sorry that your friend is in the hospital with lung cancer. I hope things go in his favor. :flowerforyou:

Minicooper –Thanks for the Happy Fourth of July flag! :star:

I just went outside to take a look of our Fuchsia basket. It is not looking pretty but I trimmed of a bunch of dead leaves and some are hanging onto life. It is in the shade and has water. Maybe it will survive and maybe not. I replaced it with a geranium basket that is pretty.

I hope to see Fourth of July Fireworks this evening. We have not been home for the fireworks for many years because the noise frightened our dog. Schooner passed away and we miss him. He won’t miss the fireworks and we hope to enjoy them this year.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    I had a double post earlier today. Sorry for the goof-up. I have no idea how that happened. :embarassed:

Katla
  • pipcd34
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Stat for the day -

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 1min, dust, vacuum, sweep/wipe back patio, sweep front entry, laundry fold and put away= 1000c

Happy cracker day
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Hugs Allie!💖
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Ouf!! We had a lovely picnic at my aunt's house across the street. I ate plenty to count for lunch and dinner and maybe breakfast too. They were celebrating a new grill.
    I have plans to eat out Tuesday and Wednesday so it won't be a weight loss week. I will shoot for maintenance.

Happy 4th to all in the US,

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ——-
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th to those in the US. We seem to not have quite as many fireworks being set off as usual. I hope this continues through the evening. So far none of the animals seem anxious.
    DD did not make it home last night. She is flying standby and was at first given a seat and then told there was not enough room. The plane was late and the crew even later. Some kind of crazy mix up. Oh well, she says things look good for tonight. I sure hope so. Good thing she has tomorrow off.

I was liturgist at church this morning. Had to get up early to get critters fed and watered before I went. No idea what dinner will be tonight as I thought DD would be here. Just have to punt I guess. I have some rotisserie chicken in the fridge so maybe will put some of that on a salad.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Options
    Snowflacke — Brilliant! Our little town will shoot off fireworks this evening. Take cover if you are nearby NW Oregon.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Tracey …. Love the meme!

Carol … your eye procedure sounds horrendous…. Praying that the next phase goes much better!

Today is my birthday … it has been a difficult day missing my son. Hard to celebrate when he’s not here.

Asked my husband and younger son to take off the pool cover for my birthday and open the pool tomorrow. The expensive solid loop-loc cover was the heaviest most difficult cover we’ve ever owned. And here I was hoping in would make opening and closing the pool easier. It was a disaster. The only positive outcome is that my husband now agrees that we will need to hire someone in the future.

Our neighbors are setting off fireworks in the daylight… which I don’t understand. Cecil, 7-1/2 month old lab doesn’t seem to fazed though.

Margaret … some of my Zucchini now are rotting … others look good. I’m thinking they’re just too stressed because I’ve never had problems in the past. Everything else in buckets is growing beautifully.

Beth near Buffalo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Yoga for Weight Loss DVD then went for a walk. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Tracey – what a cute sign and so appropriate

Barbara – I like your long posts. They show that you really do read them all, even if you don’t respond to each one. Plus...sometimes I miss things and someone else commenting on them brings it to the forefront for me.

Kymaria – I would come to work for you in a heartbeat if only you were in NC. I remember one time I was doing something for a customer and I turned around and saw that the frozen food doors were a mess, fingerprints everywhere. So...I had a few extra minutes so I cleaned them. Then I was told “well, we have someone who cleans them”. You may have someone who cleans them, but evidently it wasn’t getting done so I did it. Isn’t that the definition of a team player? If I need to, I fully intend to bring this up.

Heather – I absolutely hate when I break a glass. No matter how hard you clean, there are always pieces of glass somewhere. You find them for weeks afterward.

KJ _ I never thought of it, you made me, but I wonder if the fireworks bother my neighbor any. He’s the one who came back from Afghanistan. Interesting……

On my walks I’ve decided that if I can, what I’ll start doing just on my morning walk is frequently run for maybe something like 6 seconds. Then probably walk for 10 minutes...lol

minicooper – we used to live in PA which isn’t one of “those” states. Interestingly...the guy next door to us was a State Trooper and the guy next to him was a sheriff. You should have seen the fireworks display they put on!!!

M – Australia has the longest fence in the world. What is it used for?

Karen VA – what a lovely family you have!

Went for my evening walk then played mahjongg with my feet in the spa.

RV Rita – I am soooooo jealous. Glad you had such a good time. If I ever get to NM, I’ll be there

Sue WA – we don’t seem to have as many fireworks being set off, either. I had heard (I don’t know how true this is) that there is a shortage of fireworks since they mainly come from China

Beth – happy birthday from Earth and Heaven

Better get ready for bed.

Michele NC