WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Flea - You remain in my prayers. Hugs!!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    edited July 2021
    :) Life is good here. It is cooler here. Line dance class this morning was fun. There were several new students and several back for the first time since reopening. I wasn't as tired when I got home but I did treat myself to a brief nap. I'll finish the day with more than 16,000 steps.

:) A cartoon in our neighborhood newsletter shows two dogs in chairs at a table having drinks together. One says to the other "My plans for the Fourth aren't finalized yet, but I'm either cowering under the bed or digging a hole through the tub. And you?"

<3Flea, sending hugs to you at this challenging time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    HUGS and PRAYERS continuing for you FLEA!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Flea - hugs and prayers.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    Flea - all my hopes for the best outcome.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    This is what I wrote to the owners of the property of the problem tenants...

Your tenant in St. Paul MN_____ is effecting the value of my property ______ and hence the value of yours at ______Perhaps if you raise their rent to cover the cost of the problem they might start to listen. They do not seem to care that they keep allowing the numerous peolple that visit them during the the day to park in such a manner that I who live across the alley cannot access my garage without risking the hitting of their car. They have four places to park . Although one of the spots is taken up with a boat. I have called the parking police three times nothing has changed. They continue to park directly across from my garage blocking me out. There is also on street parking available on Earl and Cypress which they choose not to use. Thank you for your consideration...my name

Holding those accoutable with their pocket book might make a change. I did eliminate the addresses in my sharing here for privacy purposes.

I was going to leave it today and then another car was also parked blocking me in and was parked on another neighbors property. They were not happy. I told them I would call it in. Calling it in gives me documentation and also gives the property owners documention that their tenant is uncooperative.

I am calming down because now I am taking action that might get this problem solved and it does need to be solved whether I keep the property or sell it.

I also put some heavy rocks on steps leading up to my property. Again they would be too lazy to remove them to come and bother me.

Allie taking these actions was my way of taking back the straw.

:heart: Margaret

Have you sent the email?

If not ... the tenant is affecting the value of your property.

And I'd leave the next sentence out.

The next sentence can be shorted significantly. Just the facts. 'Numerous people visit them during the day and park so that I, who live across the alley, cannot access my garage without risking an accident.'

I hope you have good results! :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Happy July!

I missed the whole heat wave. I was at a work conference in Ft. Worth, where it was about 25-30 degrees cooler than in Oregon. Weird. But kind of nice to have missed it.

Health update:
    Stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, estrogen +, for sure. Still waiting on body CT and bone scan to eliminate the possibility that it has metastasized, which would move it to stage 4. My oncologist and gynecologist are neither entertaining my concerns for stage 4 seriously. They have both given me about 1-2 minutes to talk about it. I am not so confident because of the lesion on my rib, but the oncologist said that could be a half a dozen non serious things and not to fret. My blood pressure at the first oncology appointment was 199/111 and I thought, "Wouldn't that be a plot twist? Diagnosed with cancer and then die of a stroke or heart attack." I thought she might admit me immediately. Lol She just kindly offered me anxiety medication, which I declined. I have it back under control, taking my bp medicine, and I subscribed to headspace, so I've been doing lots of meditation. Sleeping much better, and I took advantage of a quick 10 minute yoga practice this afternoon. I am also quickly ramping up to 10,000 steps a day, so I think I can do this. At least on an anxiety level.

We told our boys last night at dinner. Jayson, the 14 year old, was really the only one who fell apart. Everyone else stayed very brave and upbeat, including me and my husband. We decided to tell them last night because we had all five together -- not a common occurrence because of my oldest boys' working schedule, and my oldest son's girlfriend (who basically lives with us half the time now --insert rolling eyes) was out having dinner with a friend.

We also decided we were running out of time to tell them. I will have my port installed on July 12 -- hopefully -- with chemo starting either the 13th or 14th. My calendar for the next ten days is quickly filling, including the torso CT next Sunday morning at 7:00 am. (!!!!) Bone scan this Wednesday. I will also meet with the geneticist on Wednesday. There is an US/echo of my heart on Thursday. If I remain stage 3, they will only do a double mastectomy if I have one of the BRCA gene mutations (which my father had). If either of the CT or bone scans come back showing spread outside of the breast, they likely won't do a mastectomy at all. Just chemo and plan for the end, I guess. Like I said, they won't really go there with me for any length of time.

If Stage 3 -- four months of chemo, two cycles, two different mixtures. Then mastectomy, either just left or both, depending on genetic outcome, and removal of one lymph node which has "scattered isolated tumors," then back to either chemo or radiation -- can't remember that part right now. After treatments, removal of ovaries, even though I am post menopausal. I will then be on estrogen suppressing hormones for life. But I don't really know where else estrogen could be coming from. I never took A&P.

Hard to believe I will be bald in a matter of weeks. Apparently it will happen quickly. So sometime before the 13th, I will get my hair cut very, very short.

Still not telling my mother or anyone at work. I have decided that I will need to sit down with my boss in the next few days, but really, I won't have time until the week I start chemo. I really wanted to wait to tell him once I know the stage because that will impact him and my job quite a bit. All he knows right now is that I have been diagnosed with a "serious illness" and that I'm undergoing a lot of testing and procedures.

The nurse navigator with the cancer institute has been wonderful. Checking in with me every few days. I will also be assigned a peer navigator. The nurse navigator and the oncologist both encouraged me to keep working as much as I can. We will try to schedule chemo to be on Thursdays -- once I get started -- so that I will have the weekend to recover before I get back to work. I will need full leave if I end up with the mastectomy and then later, after all treatment is through, for reconstruction.

It's a lot to process. I'll be honest, but I know I'm not special. I'm not angry, and so many people have it so much worse than I do. I'm not really in pain. I am uncomfortable on the left side (which makes me fear spread), but it is more than tolerable.

I will be checking in and reading, but it is going to be a little crazy around here for a while. I'm probably being naive, but I feel like life might actually get to a new normal and somewhat stable once chemo starts.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Praying for you. :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Flea- praying for the best outcome,keep us in your pocket girlfiend
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did 30 min of HIIT today then since it’s raining just used the elliptical to burn more calories. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Friedrich Upper Body Pryamid DVD.

Rori – (((BIG HUG))) I know how hard it was for me to spread my father’s ashes, I can’t even begin to imagine spreading your husband’s. The one thing that helped me, and I’m sure it’ll help you, is knowing that he’s someplace he loved.

Pip – what did you get Kirby for his b-day? Have you ever had paver’s before?

Penny – so glad you made it safely. A trip to the shore is a great thing to do for yourself. What a wonderful NSV you had!

Carol – best of luck on your surgery

Went to Food Lion since the soda is on sale today. It stopped raining so I just came back from my walk around the block. It’s humid so need to cool off. Suggested to Vince that we blow up the inflatables for the pool, or at least some of them Update: done

KJ – I agree with Vicki, let kids be kids. I am not a fan of the kids having nothing but their phone or tablet and spending hours playing video games. Nor am I a fan of them watching TV all day. Hate to say it, but when I was watching PJ, he always wanted the TV on. Denise would have him watch this one show (a kids show, I even forget the name of it) all the time. To me, if you at least had a DVD player, they could watch a series of Einstein-type shows, Sesame Street, etc. But it’s not my child.

Vicki – if the job is 6-6, I know that I don’t want to work more than 4-5 hours/day. Does it have to be 6-6 or could it be like 6-10, 10-2, 2-6?

Tried to download my paycheck stubs from Jan. I thought I’d do it at home so I can do it doublesided. Food Lion has the weirdest website. Even Vince complained about it. When I log into the HR website, my Bitdefender won’t let me go in. Any other way I’ve tried, it keeps telling me that my password has expired but I changed it less than an hour ago! Well, I guess they’re just going to have to print them out from the store. Update: I got 8 of them printed out, but it won’t let me print any more

Diane TN – welcome! We don’t have plans, either. It’s supposed to be nice so I’ll probably be in the pool

Heather – you are something else!

Went for my evening walk and then played mahjongg while I had my feet in the pool. That seems to be my nightly routine when it isn’t raining.

Michele NC

There were some pavers when we moved in.
    This is wsjfngnzh8uls.jpeg
    What I got him
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited July 2021
    M yes I already sent the e-mail. I like what you said. The next step is call the company if they continue block my garage.

I just wanted to get documentation to show their unwillingness to make a change that is affecting the value of our properties.

If it does come to having to talk to the owners I will use what you said.

The tennants told me I should be able to get my car out with how they have their cars parked. As a test I placed my empty trash cans on my alley side behind where they have to back up to get out of the alley. I placed them in such a way that it about the same amount of room they expect me to be able to get out of the garage. I normally place my cans either in the garage or right up against the garage so they are not a problem for them. As you can guess they hit my trash cans. They could have easily gotten out of their car to move the trash can too. I cannot move their cars. They didn't move the cans. Because they are empty it didn't hurt their car or the trash cans. I would not be so lucky with thier cars, so you are correct M it would be setting myself up for an accident. It is illegal because if I had my car in the garage and I had an emergency I would not be able to get my car our without risking an accident.

Because of this I park on the street in front of son's house. I would like to stay the night with occasionally to make the house look more lived in but I do not want to leave my car on the street at night. In the winter time during snow emergencies you have to get your car off the street. They are just as bad in the winter too with how they park. I have let this behavior go on too long. My son had problems with them too.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Hugs Flea!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, T’ai Chi, bottle return, recycling.
    Bonus: Lone Ranch with D, Grocery Outlet.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, start goat cheese, Freddie’s for rx, dog group, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    1-take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry: checked available credit on new card.
    2-Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t …” to be “I can’t . . . yet.” Going further on the beach.
    3-Be willing to ask for help when you need it-and thankful for those helping hands over the rough spots hiking.

Lovely post-T’ai Chi beach stroll with D. Seemed to walk faster and felt stronger. Went past the first driftwood barrier for the second time. At first could find no sea stars but on the way back they appeared. Now to keep walking even on the days I stay home with Joe.

Lisa, Heather and Barbie, thanks so much for checking in on me!
    Rita ((hugs)) and prayers. Bravely done.
    Belated best birthday wishes, Allie! IMHO your DB should be grateful that someone cares enough to report him as missing. His driving without a license is his choice, not your fault, nor your job to help him conceal it from the authorities.
    Karen (((hugs))) praying the call back clarifies results to be benign. Ditto Heather’s and Lisa’s PM offers or grapple here with us. (((hugs))).
    Welcome @hessiondesign4, @minicooper452 Carla from Mn, @dramaqueen45 in IN, @KimShea01 Kim in IN!
    Lisa, Vickie, Evelyn, Tracey and Kate congrats for leaving June lighter!
    Lisa yours to Kylia about hiring Michele, you read my mind.
    Annie does your parent’s homeowner’s insurance cover disaster cleanup to dry the basement? Those huge fans are noisy but very effective, and while it costs, it’s less expensive than the damage mold and mildew do.

Finished June, up through page 2 of July, but time to snooze.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 2, weigh/wii: 2/0/0; steps>6701=8951. vits=1, log=2, CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=, Shadow=, mfp=3, outside=2, up hill=2, clean 10=.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC= PW=. Thurs: Fri:TC=1. Sat:PW=. rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12:142.4 6/20:140.2 6/27:140.2 6/30:141.5
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=1 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Flea ~ Prayers for you during this difficult time!

Carol in GA
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Flea thinking of you!

/Penny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Flea - Thank you so much for sharing with us at this difficult time. It sounds as if you are getting lots of professional support. :) I found losing all my hair the worst thing about the whole process, but I did find a couple of good wigs that helped a lot with appearing in public. At home I wore scarves and turbans. The cheap wig was a scarf with blonde braids attached. I garnered loads of compliments as I was out and about.
    If I had to do it again, I would get my eyebrows and an eyeliner tattooed on.
    Wishing you all the best. <3<3<3

Trucker - I've been meaning to say how pleased I am to see you back and in good spirits. Last time you posted you had serious mobility issues and were feeling depressed. Good for you for getting on with life again. :D

Penny - What fun to come downstairs and find a parcel for me all the way from Svalbard! Thank you for thinking of me and I am delighted to have my lovely, quirky present. :p You are quite right about my proclivities. Perfect.

Today we are babysitting for my son and his wife while they go out for a wedding anniversary meal. They have booked early so they can be back for the majority of the England v Ukraine game at 8 pm. Max and Edie will probably stay up for it. Once they are back, I will set off home alone and enjoy watching a Swedish detective programme instead! DH will be glued to the game along with most of the country. :p I hope England win.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited July 2021
    Thoughts going up for Flea, Karen, Rori... and anyone who is in need of solace. Wish I could offer more than a few words.

Welcome to everyone who is new to the thread. Settle in and contribute wherever you're comfortable, don't feel you need to answer everyone - the conversations move too fast! Do please tell us how you want to be addressed, and at least a vague idea where you are. It helps us all to keep everyone straight.

Candy in LA -

We looked at properties in Lavaca--there were a few houses on our list that we checked out while we were house hunting. Ended up buying this place three years ago now--we're ten minutes north of Van Buren.

KJ -
    Always impressed by your investment in those babies you're rearing for other people. They need to listen to you more.

Heard someone/something beating on my back door a few minutes ago - it was Egg. I forgot to unlock her kitty door when I let her out of the kitchen door this morning. She is in meowing at Corey now, who is trying to sleep. Hard to sleep through a kitty sitting on your chest yelling at you!

Spoke to my GP yesterday and got my medications sorted out. Will revisit in six months or so when I take my next blood tests.

Onward and upward, my chickens. No real plans for the weekend, just playing it by ear.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Flea: Thinking of you! Sending hugs and strength your way! We are here for you! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    ‘’’’’’
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Ugh i didnt get to sleep until after 2:30 this morning ugh and then tossed and turned,my watch says 5 1/2 hrs sleep ..
    Well a week from tomorrow i go in for my sleep study ,so we shall see how that all goes..
    Going to hop in the shower in a bit ,get dressed and go pick up Dan..
    Kyle (son in law) and DGD have bought a season pass to Six Flags New England and there thing is the roller coasters...i told Tracy that they should keep that up as bonding experience,And when they go to that I could spend time with her..
    It cooled down and its cloudy but very comfortable