WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Kylia - You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. Tell your family they have to get rid of the old guy, or you will be leaving. You won't be able to hire other help unless he goes. Tell them things have to radically change or you will be leaving. AND MEAN IT.
    If you want to save the business in the long term, this is your only option. Otherwise, just leave. You have a lot of assets you can sell to keep body and soul together, houses, cars etc if the business went down, which it sounds as if it would. You could get a well paying job somewhere else where you would be appreciated. You have a lot to give.
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
    You are worth more than this. <3

Tracey - You are more than able to write your own memoir. Your ideas sound great! You express yourself very well. Every writer feels inadequate and no one has all the answers. All we can do is start, and once started, continue. One word at a time. The good thing is our materials are cheap!
    When I found it especially hard to get going, I would scribble in pencil on a scruffy piece of paper. First drafts are just that, first drafts, they are not etched in stone. Play, cross out, make mistakes, doodle, try again. Fail. Try again. That's how books get written. (That's how life gets lived). My only advice is, To thine own self be true. Be you on the page.
    You can do this. :D

DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: chopped another tarpload of salal.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, recycling, review June council minutes, county ARP project proposals 111.co.curry.or.us/ figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, clarification of chief’s report, finish and email draft minutes/meeting announcement, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    9-Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture:

Neck stiff and sore, checked Pravastatin side effects found possible explanation for why I’m digging at my scalp all the time. Broke down and called the Dr’s office to see if could get labs then get off statins. Next opening not til Aug and can’t order labs without appointment. Will try to stick it out, keep taking the damstuff til then, but if the neck gets any worse all bets are off. Really miss the massage therapist.

KJ Thank you for your kind words. You ARE bootipull both inside and out.
    Barbie your sharing of your experiences and what you’ve found useful have been both inspiring and helpful.
    Annie (((hugs)))
    Welcome @BGypsy, you can do this. What is an atomic hair cut and fairy hair?
    Rebecca yes the Athena pics showed up, thank goodness. Here’s what I saw, thought there might be something between
    “. . . AHMOD” and “I am falling in love with my cast iron . . .”
    huz4k45s9keq.jpg
    Kiz in N Fl, con VERY grats for taking off that 1.9 lbs!
    Katla thank you for your comments on our nephews. Duck hunting sounds like a miserably cold and wet endeavor to me ;) Glad your DH can more comfortably watch birds from your bed-sit. Hooray for Mr. Fixit! :love: your foxy Robin Hood baby blanket idea!
    Heather “champagne in future” hooray! Lonely cup final for Johnny, boo, hiss :cry:
    Allie brava for the letter, and delighted your son took it unexpectedly well. Prayers for his therapy.
    Welcome @Joyfulandactive and congratulations on taking off the first three lbs! Prayer said, keep ON!
    Vicki “…the lady that lives with us…” ?
    Rita have you been to any al-anon get togethers? Imagine it would be hard to set healthy boundaries between enabling and love/patience/support.
    Lisa love the new roof, hate the nerve shattering noises and bumps it takes to get one. Your stone cottage looks so inviting!
    Michele loved the “get out of my life…” book. Not sure you’d need to be handy, my most frequent question for Home Depot helpers is “Can you tell me where X is?” ;) I’m sure you’d know any store you were assigned to like the back of your hand. Totally agree with you that “it’s good that we talk about other things than food/exercise” It’s been a lifeline to me since we moved here, even more so during the pandemic.
    Tracey I love your diary/memoire idea! No need to worry, you express yourself well, and it will be what is in your heart that reaches out from the pages.
    Karen “… you can’t wait…” True that!
    Kylia bringing in your brother to observe/consult sounds like a great idea. Are there courses your Son in Law can take to be certified to repair your products? Then, frankly, when he’s certified and even given some management training, I’d be inclined to offer the elder mechanic a healing sabbatical or even early retirement. Any idea why your Sister in Law cried all day? Please keep venting here, you need a safe place and this is it.
    Machka I like your 2 weeks off suggestion to Kylia.

Made the effort to breakfast with Joe. He wakes around two and eats around four. I’m usually just going to bed then. Decided if I wanted more connection with Joe I need to give him the opportunity, without any demands or expectation, just be open. Breakfast was pleasant, we chatted a bit while cooking, then sat together while we ate and he played solitaire on the computer. I wasn’t mad, he chatted a bit in between games. A worthy investment of unplanned calories and time. Now to log it and nap a little before T’ai Chi.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 7, weigh/wii: 8/0/0; steps>6701=3194 :{ , vits=5.75, log=8, CI<CO=8, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=5, Shadow=6, mfp=9, outside=10, up hill=8, clean 10=5.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=1 PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1. Sat:PW=1. rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=5 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Off to scrapbook today and tomorrow with my Marine Moms and Relay Ladies! Love ya
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🪴
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I knit blankets for Project Linus. They can always find a child or a teenager in need of a blanket. Besides the joy of giving, I also have the joy of choosing the colors and pattern that I want rather than having to do what someone else wants. I did red, pink, and purple for awhile and now I'm doing red, white, and blue. I order the yarn online so I am not at the mercy of what colors are available at a local store. Also I don't go into stores now.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to start knitting again. I was knitting scarves for the homeless, but Covid interrupted the collection and distribution. Not sure when the Assisted Living place I was taking them too will start that up again.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    My dog Teddy has a cyst that burst or something like that. I just sent a picture to the vet. Technology can be really useful! He seems to have pain and his appetite was off. It's going to be another busy day, especially if we need to see the vet again. Plus sitting with my uncle plus I have a writing group thing to do. I'm not used to being this active.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Karen – I like the Nightbirde poster. The message is excellent. :star:

(((Kylia))) – We all need to vent now and then. I like your list of positives. :flowerforyou:

Barbie –Our daughter in law is expecting baby #2 in November. She has asked for a knitted baby blanket as I had given them in the past. She wants the colors in oranges and reds. I hope to get to the yarn store today. :heart:

DH & I are off to a grumpy start. We had too many appliances on the same circuit and everything turned off. He reset the electricity and we’re okay again. I am looking forward to yoga this morning.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    The vet says we can wait until Monday and see if it's healing or worse. It looks scary. Teddy can't reach it, so no collar. Just another little thing to worry about.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    Started walk at 5:15am to beat the heat for yogi, 8 mi done
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Allie - I hope the sleep study goes well and I think it’s a brilliant decision to block your SIL.

Karen - I love that quote, did you see her performance on AGT? She has a beautiful voice.

Kylia - I agree with Machka and Heather, you need to stand up. I understand it is your livelihood on the line but it’s their business not yours. You have gone above and beyond for way too long without acknowledgment or appreciation. Maybe you need to take a stress leave, it probably won’t be easy with hubby, but he should be having your back anyway.

Heather - thank you! I need to start. I think that’s my problem. Your words are encouraging.

Barbara- I hope that your symptoms ease soon.
    Last week my Grandson (10 in Sept)went shopping with his Mother and I. He was desperately looking for Hippie sunglasses, the rainbow lenses in gold circle frames. He thinks they will go with his tie-dyed T-shirt’s. I don’t know how he comes up with this stuff.

Minicooper- I used to scrapbook a lot, I need to get back at it. I enjoy it more with others though.

Katla - I can’t wait to see the blanket.

We are just waiting for the Grands to arrive. I have blown up a new pool and filled it with water so it’s warm enough for them to get in. Rodger says he may be in it by the time they get here. It’s only about 10” deep and 5’ long. Smaller than the tub for him. 😂
    My granddaughter (5) is bringing nail polish and bath salts so we can do mani/pedis at some point. Her and I also have some projects to do.

I’ll check in later.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,very early morning..
    I am taking something called Mega Health Blood Builder that has iron,b12,beets etc in it,honestly it has been odd,the last few days i have been going on 4-5 hrs sleep and dont need a nap which i guess is a good thing..
    We are supposed to get the remnants of Elsa here today ,so will work inside house today,leave Homie at Toms ,dont want to go out in torrential rain..
    Havent heard anything from disability and its close to 4 months since I filed but i know it takes time.
    Ill try and get some.more rest,have comfirmed my appointment for the sleep study Sunday night,geesh i hope i dont have sleep apnea,one less thing i have to worry about.
    Havent heard from my brother in a week,abd have totally blocked my SIL from social media ,just cant take the negativity anymore..

Allie- If you do have apnea and they put you on a CPAP, you will feel so much better because you will be getting better sleep. I know you don't want another diagnosis but if this one will help you get the rest you really need, then it is a good thing.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: chopped another tarpload of salal.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, recycling, review June council minutes, county ARP project proposals 111.co.curry.or.us/ figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, clarification of chief’s report, finish and email draft minutes/meeting announcement, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    9-Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture:

Neck stiff and sore, checked Pravastatin side effects found possible explanation for why I’m digging at my scalp all the time. Broke down and called the Dr’s office to see if could get labs then get off statins. Next opening not til Aug and can’t order labs without appointment. Will try to stick it out, keep taking the damstuff til then, but if the neck gets any worse all bets are off. Really miss the massage therapist.

KJ Thank you for your kind words. You ARE bootipull both inside and out.
    Barbie your sharing of your experiences and what you’ve found useful have been both inspiring and helpful.
    Annie (((hugs)))
    Welcome @BGypsy, you can do this. What is an atomic hair cut and fairy hair?
    Rebecca yes the Athena pics showed up, thank goodness. Here’s what I saw, thought there might be something between
    “. . . AHMOD” and “I am falling in love with my cast iron . . .”
    huz4k45s9keq.jpg
    Kiz in N Fl, con VERY grats for taking off that 1.9 lbs!
    Katla thank you for your comments on our nephews. Duck hunting sounds like a miserably cold and wet endeavor to me ;) Glad your DH can more comfortably watch birds from your bed-sit. Hooray for Mr. Fixit! :love: your foxy Robin Hood baby blanket idea!
    Heather “champagne in future” hooray! Lonely cup final for Johnny, boo, hiss :cry:
    Allie brava for the letter, and delighted your son took it unexpectedly well. Prayers for his therapy.
    Welcome @Joyfulandactive and congratulations on taking off the first three lbs! Prayer said, keep ON!
    Vicki “…the lady that lives with us…” ?
    Rita have you been to any al-anon get togethers? Imagine it would be hard to set healthy boundaries between enabling and love/patience/support.
    Lisa love the new roof, hate the nerve shattering noises and bumps it takes to get one. Your stone cottage looks so inviting!
    Michele loved the “get out of my life…” book. Not sure you’d need to be handy, my most frequent question for Home Depot helpers is “Can you tell me where X is?” ;) I’m sure you’d know any store you were assigned to like the back of your hand. Totally agree with you that “it’s good that we talk about other things than food/exercise” It’s been a lifeline to me since we moved here, even more so during the pandemic.
    Tracey I love your diary/memoire idea! No need to worry, you express yourself well, and it will be what is in your heart that reaches out from the pages.
    Karen “… you can’t wait…” True that!
    Kylia bringing in your brother to observe/consult sounds like a great idea. Are there courses your Son in Law can take to be certified to repair your products? Then, frankly, when he’s certified and even given some management training, I’d be inclined to offer the elder mechanic a healing sabbatical or even early retirement. Any idea why your Sister in Law cried all day? Please keep venting here, you need a safe place and this is it.
    Machka I like your 2 weeks off suggestion to Kylia.

Made the effort to breakfast with Joe. He wakes around two and eats around four. I’m usually just going to bed then. Decided if I wanted more connection with Joe I need to give him the opportunity, without any demands or expectation, just be open. Breakfast was pleasant, we chatted a bit while cooking, then sat together while we ate and he played solitaire on the computer. I wasn’t mad, he chatted a bit in between games. A worthy investment of unplanned calories and time. Now to log it and nap a little before T’ai Chi.

Lighter, lovelies!
    daily: sit with Joe: 7, weigh/wii: 8/0/0; steps>6701=3194 :{ , vits=5.75, log=8, CI<CO=8, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=5, Shadow=6, mfp=9, outside=10, up hill=8, clean 10=5.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11:
    bonus: AF=5 play= sew=
    [/quotepanHeehee, I just mistyped and put a comma where it shouldn't be. Nothing cut off. I was just answering your response from my yummy pan photo.
    You know my world is all about food!
    Rebecca
    💖
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Did my 5k this morning. A soft shoe shuffle. :laugh: Works for me. Topped it off for my 600 morning total with 25 mins rowing. Now off to get my afternoon 300.
    On the way back from my run I called in at the butcher and the deli. Then popped over the road to the flower shop. Bought a huge pink hydrangea head. :o Plus a couple of local greetings cards.

ogbmna9aokra.jpg

Zoom with my girlfriends at 3.30. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Beautiful flower!💖👍
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Today having a Rueben sandwich from Arbys. Its really good on a marble rye bread, and a fair amount of sauerkraut. Yesterday we shopped because Lee has a dermatologist appointment this morning. Hopefully they won't be spraying or cutting too much today. Because he takes anti rejection meds it makes his body have low immunity, so he's susceptible to lesions from sun exposure. So he gets those sprayed, or if need be, cut out. He has a really high tolerance to pain, so its not a big deal. Plus he has a good humor about it all.

Well eldest son stated he will most likely be an E5 for life, thats a 2nd Class Petty Officer. He's tried so many times to make 1st but its just not happening. Some times he's passed the test, but the quota for his rate was so low, they were advancing just a few in the fleet. It isn't based on just a score but other things as well. He's a great sailor, follows orders well, but only does what's required nothing more. Plus he's a great follower, but his leadership skills aren't as refined. He knows that if he makes 1st, he will be required to to more, and that in itself, holds him back. (just my views).

Well summer is over, the afghan is back on the bed! Its in the high 60's.
    Hugs
    Rebecca
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Tracey your writing project sounds wonderful. Go ahead and start! Give yourself permission to write a draft with flaws and fix them later. You will do a fine job.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    We went up to Sacramento yesterday(an hour away) to go to the KP International Marketplace- Our second time going. It was nice to take our time, not be rushed. Just husband and I. The place is HUGE- like Costco size- it took us exactly,to the minute, 2 HOURS to go through it. Spent $155. Found some really great deals on amazing looking food- I picked mostly spice or sauce mix packs. Some for me but a lot for my sister for her birthday- she loves to cook and cooks for a client. She will need to download Google Translate on some of them. The Russian ones don't have English except the ingredients.
    It was 105 when we were up there. Driving home, it was still 100 at 7PM half way home. My friend that I am pet sitting for messaged me. They are in Vegas- it was 120 yesterday. I am sure they will be happy to be home Sunday.
    It is supposed to be hotter the next few days.
    We were so busy shopping that we skipped lunch completely(I had two jalapeno poppers that I had cooked a couple days ago) before we left, a huge apple on our way up- stopped at this amazing veggie/fruit stand.
    Picked up do much fresh fruit- two kinds of pears, two kinds of apples, apricots, peaches, lettuce and tomatoes- all that was just over $20. One apple I just weighed and it is 11.5 ounces.
    We met up with friends of husband's for early dinner- Chinese food. We ordered the combination plate- They brought the wrong one for me so my husband told them it was fine, we would just take that one to go and they made me the right one. They come with a bowl of won ton soup but not for take out so they brought the second one out- I ended up eating the second one while waiting for my food to come out- after two bowls, I only took three bites of the sweet and sour chicken and ate the spring roll- was too full for the rest so took it home. It will be at least 3 more meals for me(had a little for brunch, using a 1C size dish-that is what I usually do- I like eating out of little containers- easier to hold on to). Drank a lot of water. Tracked my food when I got home as best as I could- finished the day at under 600cal. I just wasn't hungry. I am sure I will make up for it today, but will make sure not to go over 1100.
    Dinner is tuna casserole and a HUGE salad w/ Asian dressing or seasoned rice vinegar.
    Today was my last morning pet sitting so I hope to sleep in tomorrow.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies

This weekend I will stay busy with the dehydrator- have a dozen mango(sale 4 for $1), 3 pineapple(sale $1.50 each), two bags of apples (.59 a pound) to slice and get in the dehydrator. It will take at least three batches to do all of it.
    I also need to make a bunch of catnip cat toys- picked and dried another batch with more about ready to pick and dry. Lots of kitties will have fun when I am done

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, Farmer’s Market, dog group,
    Bonus: quick stroll around Coast Guard docks while waiting for bbq.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, review June council minutes, county ARP project proposals 111.co.curry.or.us/ figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, clarification of chief’s report, finish and email draft minutes/meeting announcement, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    7-Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy: when learning our BBQ order would take 30 minutes, chose to stroll around the docks. Later missed an opportunity when Joe didn’t meet my expectation. Next time.
    8-Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today: figure out what is not needed, substitute “get to” for what is.

When will I learn to give without attaching any expectations? Brought Joe home BBQ from the Farmers’ Market. Succumbed to a bacon, lettuce, avocado sandwich from the same vendor, thinking we could sit and eat together. When I got home, Joe wasn’t hungry and stuck his food in the fridge for later. I was disappointed and grumpy, but ate the BLA anyway…

Evelyn con VERY grats on the 13 miles!
    Katla one of the many things I love about Joe is that he has no desire to go out into the woods and kill something.
    Viv has your knee pain been diagnosed?
    Allie I remember Cousin It :laugh:
    Debbie (((hugs)))
    Julie “…soften the relation with guy one…” well done!
    Pip lights in the garage… oooh shiny!
    Welcome @candysashab88 ! 2-3 lbs in the right direction is a good month, sustainable.
    Kim in Ind ((hugs)) angst and stress are notorious “pounds up” culprits. ((hugs))
    Rebecca looks like the first part of your post got cut off?
    Michele would the local Loew’s or Home Depot be glad to have you cover the earliest shift? It seems to me that the big box stores need friendly, self-starting customer service on the floor, and most open early…

Teenagers
    Joe and I did not have children, but fostered his 3 nephews for two years after their father was killed in a car accident and their mother could no longer cope. They were 13, 14 and 16 when we got them, and already struggling. We were not successful. We had never discussed philosophies of child rearing and were not just on different pages but in different libraries. I comfort myself with the fact that for two years the boys were fed, clothed, warm, sheltered, safe, had medical/dental attention and were kept in school as much as humanly possible. Now they are all grown men with their own children, all working and none in jail, thank Goodness. The youngest is the one we’re praying for, rare cancer complicated by severe diabetes. Miraculously the inoperable left side mass could not be seen on his last scan. Thanks be!

Lighter, lovelies!
    daily: sit with Joe: 5, weigh/wii: 7/0/0; steps>6701=7492, vits=4.75, log=7, CI<CO=7, CI<250<CO=7, Tumble=4, Shadow=5, mfp=8, outside=9, up hill=7, clean 10=5.
    bonus: AF=4 play= sew=

Barbara, bummer about Joe not being hungry, I hope the sandwiches were tasty, just the same. I do avoid using 'have to" or "should" pretty much. Thank you!

Another softened up tense relation yesterday and today!
    I met a friend-colleague for a drink in an area of town cute and not far but that I don't often go to.
    I have a very close friend that I used to hang out with -but w whom I had a falling out for not much but who remained distant -who lives in that area- but it's a big city so you very often, usually don't run into people right away. but my friend was there across the street after about an hour coming out of a shop. I went over to greet him. and we agreed to talk and so I called today. it was normal and a bit like old times. he said we could meet for coffee in a couple of weeks. I can see he's struggling work and maybe confidence-wise. its not super-apparent but I know him quite well. it was nice to see him and talk and feel a normal relation. 2 softened up tensions. good for this week. being unconfined helps.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I need 1st reading glasses
    I need inner discipline

otherwise things are ok