WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    UpDate: Ends up we will not have the grands on Friday as DnL's night out got canceled. I may have to take the grand girl to meet and greet next Friday. It will be the first time she has been in school without her brother since she was in PreK. Her brother will be at their mom's school. The other grandma who lives very near will be on a mission trip to Tanzania so will not be available.

Flea ~ You will look lovely with your new look.

Michele ~ I had to look up towel topper as I had no idea what they were. We use so many dish towels that we would need a dozen.

Carol in GA

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Did you know that you make 80% of the cholesterol in your body?
    That is why low carb, higher fat most the time lowers cholesterol. If you eat healthy fats your body just makes less.

Here's a clip from Harvard

Fats and Cholesterol
    When it comes to dietary fat, what matters most is the type of fat you eat. Contrary to past dietary advice promoting low-fat diets, newer research shows that healthy fats are necessary and beneficial for health.

This is a big part of Keto and LCHF ( low carb high fat). That is my new way of eating. I love this woe. ( not a diet!)

RvRita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim –- I hope this new chapter in your life brings you happiness and joy. :heart:

Rebecca -– Athena is a charmer!!! :bigsmile:

KJ -– You are likely the best daycare provider anywhere. I am always impressed and delighted with the fun things you do with the children in your care. :star::star::star:

Barbara –- Thanks you for your good wishes. :flowerforyou:

Flea –- Your photo is lovely. I hope that all goes well for you. :heart:

Sue –- I am glad your cataract surgery went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. :star:

Machka -- The health club where I take yoga classes has stationary bikes with screens similar to the one you posted. They also have stationary bikes that don’t have active screens but face windows into the outdoor pool. I have a terra-tryke in the garage that i can ride any time. It is on front wheel blocks and a rear wheel roller. :star:

Kylia – Thanks for the birthday wishes. :bigsmile:

Karen in VA – I love the dancing birthday cartoon. :smiley:

Carol in VA – Taking your granddaughter to “meet and greet” at her new school may turn out very well for both of you. One-on-one time with Grandma may be a treat for both of you. :flowerforyou:

Barbara – Thank you for the happy birthday message. :bigsmile:

Today is my birthday, and I am 71. I am healthy and happy. I feel blessed with good health, a great husband, wonderful adult children, healthy grandchildren, and many friends, including my MPF friends. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP,

Debbie, wow for the planting and waterline work, :love: the “hello Dad” story. True that.
    [

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh/wii: 19/0/0; steps>6701=7354, vits=16.5, log=19, CI<CO=17, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=12, Shadow=15, mfp=18, outside=22, up hill=18, clean 10=7.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=2 PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8 7/25: 7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=11 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

This is the old antique corn planter I used-no idea how old it is but it works(needs a few minor repairs but did the job)

0e3ah0mf38nc.png

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Welcome to the newbies, and cheers to all of the regulars…

Rebecca – Athena pictures are delightful.

Heather – I have no idea if this is available in your area but here there are folks that build and maintain social media accounts for small businesses and artists (all media). I also am not sure how much that service costs. But it might be something to look into.

Happy Birthday to Katla and a bunch of others I missed.

Smiles, Kim in Northern California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Kirby made Kirby McMuffins for breakfast nmzyq5b8o783.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    yhalqmbkchfb.jpeg

Turkey vulture on my morning walk!

RvRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Thank you Carol, it was a long time coming huh! Next month I am planning on taking a train down to my sisters, then get a ride from middle to sons apartment to stay 4 days, then probably bus it home.😁💖
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Kim ~ I admire your attitude about changing chapters in life. I am at the age (almost 73) when I think about what will inevitably change in my life in the next years.

Rebecca ~ Love the Athena pictures and so glad you had bonding time with that lovely little girl.

My grandson and granddaughter are coming Friday to spend the night. They are 11 and almost 10 and have only spent the night a couple of times when necessary. This time will be so Mom can have a night out with friends before her school starts again on Monday and Dad will be working. Kind of worried about how to keep them from being totally bored with us old people. They are getting their first phones this week so that might help.

Carol in GA

I would make a big batch of messy cookies with them. If its chocolate chip, you could get trail mix, or special flavored chips to add. They could each mix their own, spoon it out and then eat them with a big glass of milk and a fun movie. Don't let them be on their phones.👍😁💖
    Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Rebecca - It’s great to hear that you have had such a good time with Athena and family.

Katla - it’s annoying when wool isn’t as good as you think it’s going to be. It just makes things so much more difficult.

Happy birthday to you and Karen
    Flea and Julie- my heart goes out to you daily. Dealing with your health/cancer issues must be a trial. (((Hugs))) to you both.

The last for five days I’ve been much busier than I expected. We’ve been doing a lot of work in the garden and keeping plants watered is quite difficult as the weather is still dry and hot. Nothing like the temperatures you have nothing more than low 20s centigrade. But we’re just not used to those temperatures.

Still moseying along following my new habits. It’s been over two years now that I’ve been In maintenance, and I think I just have to accept that I have reached my optimal weight. At least that’s what it says on my SmartBMI assessment this morning.

I’m working on flexibility and improving muscle tone. I expect it will have an effect eventually.

@Faetta - it’s good to see you posting here again

Heather - I am impressed by what you have done so far to market your memoir. You’re doing a grand job on it.

Welcome to our new folk.
    Love to everyone.
    Some photos of a visit to a local stately home
    ☘️ Terri
    3hbd79buiedh.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I am over the moon for you. Next time you see her she will carry on as if she saw you yesterday. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)