What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    High school formal dances. Why do girls have to have a different dress that they will likely never wear again - but my son can wear some chucks with slacks and nice shirt and good to go - I’m just salty cuz I gotta take my daughter to get a homecoming dress and I’m a cheap *kitten* 🤷‍♂️

It could be far worse than just buying a dress. We "needed" matching clutch, earrings and necklace, tiara 😐 shoes, new underwear, professional hair, makeup and nails.. and to top it off a white limo which thankfully 3 of her friends chipped in for. Man, it was a huge production. She did look like a princess though, stunning.. and I look back on those pictures and see how radiant and happy she was it was worth it. 🙂
    This is how we did it for my proms. And I really enjoyed shopping with my mom. Even the part where she saw the hickey and I passed it off as a stretch mark

🤣 omg.. You just bought back memories of wearing a scarf around my neck so my mum couldn't see them.. 🤣

Mine ended up immortalized for 5 years in my passport photo. My mum was FURIOUS.

🤣😂

Mine doesn't sound so bad "wearing a scarf" till you know it was mid summer in Australia 🤣😂
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hungover cardio.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I make things harder for myself then they need to be.
    Apparently...Says my mom.

Packing shouldn't be this hard.

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Hungover cardio.

I like hungover cardio...feels good to sweat it out
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    Options
    Hungover cardio.

It hurts but you feel better once you’re done. Yes because you’ve sweat out all the toxins. Ow my liver!
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Hungover cardio.

It hurts but you feel better once you’re done. Yes because you’ve sweat out all the toxins. Ow my liver!

Exactly!!!
    Be kind to your liver haha. Or just considering last night a workout for it
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    Options
    Hungover cardio.

Exactly!!!
    Be kind to your liver haha. Or just considering last night a workout for it

Yeah I’m not doing that again for at least another week ;)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,127 Member
    Options
    My brain.
    It’s not worrying exactly, more like just not being able to stop thinking about it.
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My brain.
    It’s not worrying exactly, more like just not being able to stop thinking about it.

A symptom of generalized anxiety. If it is, really helpful to get some assistance in controlling the brain response - no drugs, just new thought patterns to practice.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,127 Member
    Options
    OnlyPans wrote: »
    My brain.

A symptom of generalized anxiety. If it is, really helpful to get some assistance in controlling the brain response - no drugs, just new thought patterns to practice.

Oh there’s nothing general about it.
    It has ruled my life for two decades. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤯
  • OnlyPans
    Options
    My brain.

Oh there’s nothing general about it.
    It has ruled my life for two decades. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤯

I've had it since at least my early teen years. It's been tremendously helpful for me to get a handle on it, life is far more enjoyable as a result. Also, sleep. Sleep is amazing. 💤
  • OnlyPans
    Options
    My brain.

Stop saying things that I can't be contrarian towards.

It's true though, cognitive behavioural therapy can be very beneficial.

There's buttered muffin references in everything if you try hard enough ;)
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    My brain.

tell how then
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    There's nothing in this house to put peanut butter on...I really want peanut butter.

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,350 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    There's nothing in this house to put peanut butter on...I really want peanut butter.
    Assuming you've thought of the obvious - bread, bagel, crackers, muffin (English or otherwise), you don't have any apples, celery, pretzels, spoons at your house?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Assuming you've thought of the obvious - bread, bagel, crackers, muffin (English or otherwise), you don't have any apples, celery, pretzels, spoons at your house?

Why are vanilla wafers not number one on this list - if you’re not dipping said wafers in a bowl of pb and honey - you’re just not living
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I've settled on the spoon!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,350 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Assuming you've thought of the obvious - vanilla wafers, bread, bagel, crackers, muffin (English or otherwise), you don't have any apples, celery, pretzels, spoons at your house?
    Why are vanilla wafers not number one on this list - if you’re not dipping said wafers in a bowl of pb and honey - you’re just not living
    I'm so sorry - all fixed 😁