Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What irks you today?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Seams on socks
  • Mewpasaurus
    Mewpasaurus Posts: 62 Member
    The uncertainty of snow in these parts. It either snows, or they predict snow and it blows over and goes somewhere else (what I hope for all the time, honestly). But when it snows, everything ices over and it never melts, not because it's not warm enough to melt, but because half of this town is mountainous, covered in trees and the neighborhood roads are like sheets of ice for weeks after a tiny bit of snow due to the shade the trees provide.

It's a blessing in summer, but kind of a curse in winter if you actually have to drive places for work/school/etc.

Also, these yahoos don't drive well in the snow.. at all.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,978 Member
    Nothing-amazingly enough....

Should that irk me???
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    I use the work "irk" so often now because of this thread :)

Let's see. Clients who won't stop calling and texting and wanting something done ASAP and saying something wasn't their fault (it was).

The fact I still can't do my walking laps in the parking structure across the street (I like to go there for various reasons) but I AM tempting fate/being masochistic/being rebellious by still walking around the outside of the building to get my timed 10 minutes in :)

The huge homemade cheesecake sitting in my boss' office.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    My job had me marked as calling out when I did not. I’m irked bc I don’t even know how that could have happened bc there’s a lot of steps you have to take to call out. Only possible scenario that I could think of is that the other girl with my last name (very vaguely spelled different and it’s not a common name so this is new to me) perhaps called out and admin put me bu accident. But if that were true then I would have had a spot on the trucks with whoever she was supposed to work with and that didn’t happen. I’m on the floater truck (extras, so usually little to no work) with a coworker who’s now pulling a double to be my partner.
    SO WEIRD
    One other possibility is that since we started a new schedule cycle this week that maybe they didn’t know how to deal with my variable shift (on Wednesdays I work one hour later). But I still don’t know why that wouldn’t have come up as a no call no show UNLESS someone was trying to do me a solid by putting that I called in??????
    Oh well! I’m here now
  • glassyo
    *sigh*

I really want some of that stupid cheesecake.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,566 Member
    We’re divorced dude,
    y3ov0uxp0hdw.jpeg
    🤯
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,269 Member
    My assistant irks me right now. 😡

• SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    that it is only wednesday and that means tomorrow is not friday
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,398 Member
    It was spring yesterday....tomorrow is winter again. This is irksome
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,578 Member
    This headache that won't go away. Started last night and it seems to be lingering this morning. I guess I should pop some pills 😑
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,669 Member
    Auto shops. So many bad experiences. And now they use women attendants to male you feel "comfortable" or let your guard down.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,709 Member
    Auto shops. So many bad experiences. And now they use women attendants to male you feel "comfortable" or let your guard down.
    I understand your frustration...
    I love the Freudian typo...
  • TwitchyMagee
    Schemey scammers
  • glassyo
    HE TOOK THE WHOLE *kitten* CHEESECAKE HOME!!!

Not that I needed it because the past more than couple weeks have been nonstop overeating but I didn't exactly make it a secret how good it looked!

I knew I should have taken the client up on the offer of giving me some but noooooooooo the boss always has to have the first taste.

I also can't believe how upset I am over this....sheesh.
  • TwitchyMagee
    glassyo wrote: »

Not that I needed it because the past more than couple weeks have been nonstop overeating but I didn't exactly make it a secret how good it looked!

I knew I should have taken the client up on the offer of giving me some but noooooooooo the boss always has to have the first taste.

He did you an accidental favor 😂

But seriously he could’ve at least cut you a slice first
  • glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »

He did you an accidental favor 😂

But seriously he could’ve at least cut you a slice first

LOL I know.

AND I KNOW!!!!

:)
  • TwitchyMagee
    How doing something nice for someone is often not received with gratitude but rather fosters an expectation. I don’t need your thank yous but I also don’t owe you anything.