Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What irks you today?

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,398 Member
    Mildly irked that it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. Tbh, kids had like a 6 day weekend last week between the snow and the holidays (teacher inservice and then President's Day). Tired of snow and all its ills.

We've been getting warnings for snow and ice. I don't mind snow but ice is scary and no fun at all to drive in
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,709 Member
    We're also supposed to get snow and ice these next couple of days. I'm dreading driving home from the airport tomorrow night
  • Mewpasaurus
    Mewpasaurus Posts: 62 Member
    Mildly irked that it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. Tbh, kids had like a 6 day weekend last week between the snow and the holidays (teacher inservice and then President's Day). Tired of snow and all its ills.

We've been getting warnings for snow and ice. I don't mind snow but ice is scary and no fun at all to drive in

Yeah, the ice is the scary part. You would think that living next to the mountains, the people here would at least put decent all-season tires on their cars/trucks and know how to steer into skids and the like, but no.. they drive too fast on tires not recommended in snow, in cars that have no oomph to drive around in the snow (RWD cars do poorly here when it snows due to our hilly city and the fact that the roads just turn to freaking sheets of ice). Unfortunately, because they are somewhat used to snow, the school districts don't cancel school when they should (due to windchill more than snow) and they seem to forget that almost all the schools here are in residential areas on hills. If you have to stop on the hill to wait to turn into the parking lot to drop off your kid(s) like I do, you're just gonna slide right back down the hill sometimes when it snows here. Not worth it, lol.

Honestly, there's a stretch of road on the opposite town from me that the locals all joke about (even though it's not funny looking at overturned cars) and say "Ope, Markscheffel strikes again" (that's the name of the road). Sooooo many overturned and ditched cars on that street.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    When he forgets your birthday, your anniversary, to take out the trash, to fill up the dog bowl, to check your oil, to feed the fish, to mow the lawn, to grab the mail, his mom's birthday, Christmas, MLK day, the last person he spoke to, to flush the toilet, to put the seat down...But he can tell you the exact day and time he last got lucky.
  • cmsienk
    Flight delays (sigh)
  • cmsienk
    When he forgets your birthday, your anniversary, to take out the trash, to fill up the dog bowl, to check your oil, to feed the fish, to mow the lawn, to grab the mail, his mom's birthday, Christmas, MLK day, the last person he spoke to, to flush the toilet, to put the seat down...But he can tell you the exact day and time he last got lucky.
    Who IS this? I hope he's not someone important to you
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member

He'd get lucky more often if he remembered half that *kitten*. Just a thought.
  • Peachesnstuff
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Who IS this? I hope he's not someone important to you

He WAS important to me many years ago. He taught me a very valuable lesson...he taught me how to be happy alone.
    ythannah wrote: »

He'd get lucky more often if he remembered half that *kitten*. Just a thought.

You nailed it!!
  • Peachesnstuff

Hearung stuff like this from women is how i learned the important life fact:
    No woman has ever killed a man while washing dishes.

😂
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,121 Member

I always put the seat down - but why do woman not have to put the seat up afterward - wouldn’t that be a fair exchange - we each have a role in the direction of the toilet seat - a tit for tat if you will 🤔 - to be fair this is not my thought I heard it on a stand up bit and found it thought provoking-
  • Peachesnstuff
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I always put the seat down - but why do woman not have to put the seat up afterward - wouldn’t that be a fair exchange - we each have a role in the direction of the toilet seat - a tit for tat if you will 🤔 - to be fair this is not my thought I heard it on a stand up bit and found it thought provoking-

Because we put all the seats down bc flushing germs
  • Peachesnstuff

The reasons are

There is a danger of falling in when a woman goes to pee in the middle of the night with her eyes closed. Having the seat down is a safety precaution

Further, both the seat and the lid should be closed before flushing every time. This is a hygiene issue. Google will explain further if you’re interested but basically caca sprays everywhere including on your toothbrush and your towels and your face

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk

She knows
  • cowsfan12

The reasons are

There is a danger of falling in when a woman goes to pee in the middle of the night with her eyes closed. Having the seat down is a safety precaution

Further, both the seat and the lid should be closed before flushing every time. This is a hygiene issue. Google will explain further if you’re interested but basically caca sprays everywhere
    including on your toothbrush and your towels and your face

Valid points -

• cowsfan12
    edited February 2023
  • Peachesnstuff
    AND AND...if you have one of those toilet bowl huggie carpets, please dispose of immediately

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member

The reasons are

Further, both the seat and the lid should be closed before flushing every time. This is a hygiene issue. Google will explain further if you’re interested but basically caca sprays everywhere
    including on your toothbrush and your towels and your face

Valid points -

I think it’s good to always question the default but in this case there are reasons

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited February 2023
    AND AND...if you have one of those toilet bowl huggie carpets, please dispose of immediately

How do you feel about the Barbie doll with the crochet skirt covering the toilet paper?