What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Sometimes I think if I ever got a personal trainer, I would want one who uses positive reinforcement but, it's come to my attention, that the rah rah, you're doing so fantastic approach is annoying af.

Keep it moving you lazy sack of *kitten* is worse imo.

I don’t mean to perpetuate a false dichotomy. There are plenty of very good trainers who do neither of those things.

I've never had one (except I got two free sessions at the last gym I signed up with) and I think I'd prefer someone who isn't so serious - I don't enjoy exercising so I want someone to at least make me laugh about how much I hate what I'm doing lol
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    edited September 2023
    Options
    On my commute this morning I noticed a guy accidently left his transit card on his seat. I got up, walked it to the front and said, "I think that guy out there in the hoodie accidentally left this here." "The guy in the hoodie?" "Yeah." And then he just proceeded to pull away and continue on.

Lol excuse me, wtf was that? He was right there, just open the doors again and yell out to him
  • Winning4EJ
    Winning4EJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    At the moment my raging appetite. I ate some more protein hopefully this will help.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think if I ever got a personal trainer, I would want one who uses positive reinforcement but, it's come to my attention, that the rah rah, you're doing so fantastic approach is annoying af.

I don’t mean to perpetuate a false dichotomy. There are plenty of very good trainers who do neither of those things.

I've never had one (except I got two free sessions at the last gym I signed up with) and I think I'd prefer someone who isn't so serious - I don't enjoy exercising so I want someone to at least make me laugh about how much I hate what I'm doing lol

This is it. I would need someone with a sense of humor. The whole drill sergeant stereotype isn't for me either.

(I've never been to one but we have a few who are clients. I'm actually more the do it on your own type even tho I rarely have. :))
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options

This is it. I would need someone with a sense of humor. The whole drill sergeant stereotype isn't for me either.

(I've never been to one but we have a few who are clients. I'm actually more the do it on your own type even tho I rarely have. :))

I'd hate this - like, I already don't want to be here, why are you yelling at me 😢
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

You both would’ve loved my old coach. Funny, kind, reasonable expectations, not too chirpy, AND he would do the workout right alongside you even if he’d done a bunch already. I wish he were still coaching

ETA: and he got me the results I wanted
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    On my commute this morning I noticed a guy accidently left his transit card on his seat. I got up, walked it to the front and said, "I think that guy out there in the hoodie accidentally left this here." "The guy in the hoodie?" "Yeah." And then he just proceeded to pull away and continue on.

Lol excuse me, wtf was that? He was right there, just open the doors again and yell out to him

rude
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Friends,

I am tired of getting into my car, peeping in the mirror, and realizing I need to take my makeup down by several notches. How do I set up better lighting?
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Friends,

I am tired of getting into my car, peeping in the mirror, and realizing I need to take my makeup down by several notches. How do I set up better lighting?

I prefer to do my makeup near a widow so I can see what it actually looks like in the daylight. I specifically have my vanity right beside the window for this reason. Although, in the winter when it's dark, I use this lamp that I have set to use more of a "sunlight" kind of tone which helps too
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Friends,

I prefer to do my makeup near a widow so I can see what it actually looks like in the daylight. I specifically have my vanity right beside the window for this reason. Although, in the winter when it's dark, I use this lamp that I have set to use more of a "sunlight" kind of tone which helps too

That’s the problem I’m having. It’s still very dark when I’m getting dressed plus my windows are big and neighbors are nosy and I like to put my make up on while I’m mostly nekkid. 🙈
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options
    Friends,

That’s the problem I’m having. It’s still very dark when I’m getting dressed plus my windows are big and neighbors are nosy and I like to put my make up on while I’m mostly nekkid. 🙈

hnft4duzrqzw.gif
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Get a makeup mirror or light with a daylight setting. I grew up with 3 sisters who shared 1 of these. It was like ufc matches in the morning for the light
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Get a makeup mirror or light with a daylight setting. I grew up with 3 sisters who shared 1 of these. It was like ufc matches in the morning for the light
    In the market for one. Thank you 😊
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options
    Friends,

😂 man, one day I got home and realized my brows were super dark and big
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Friends,

😂 man, one day I got home and realized my brows were super dark and big

😂 I could see those caterpillars from all the way over here
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

WTF? Amazing what a tiny bit of power will do.

He literally vetoed your good deed.
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

Yeah I felt badly for not trying harder but I didn't expect the driver to just keep going
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

Yeah I felt badly for not trying harder but I didn't expect the driver to just keep going

What? You didn't open a window, yell "hey! Hoodie guy!", and throw his card at him?

• ButterMeMuffinz
    Options

What? You didn't open a window, yell "hey! Hoodie guy!", and throw his card at him?

I failed hardcore in my civic duty
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I know it's awful, but it's also bleakly funny?

Citizen: Tries to do wholesome good deed.
    Driver: DENIED. Back in your seat, mortal.