itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    There’s a 🕷️ in my 🚿. I’m never showering again

That’s Hortense and she doesn’t eat much
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,143 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I was staying at a resort last year. You know what's worse than seeing a spider in the shower? Losing track of him before you're able to rinse and get out of there
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 469 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

You big baby 😂
    I'll call dad 🙄

Thank you, I’ll take him golfing or bowling as a ty for his services. I need to ask him a question anyway 😏.

cmsienk wrote: »
    This happened to me when I was staying at a resort last year. You know what's worse than seeing a spider in the shower? Losing track of him before you're able to rinse and get out of there

I die!!

• ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I am so terrified of them
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    One of my kids may or may not be allergic to bee stings. We are waiting on allergy testing. In the meantime, the doctor has prescribed an EpiPen just in case. However, the pharmacy for whatever reason for months has not able to get a hold of said EpiPen. So the doctor prescribes a different EpiPen. And of course insurance won’t cover it and it cost $850 out of pocket.

That's horrible!

I have one because years ago I was stung/bitten by something (I still don't know what it was) and I had a club hand for five days 😅

Which was really great for a 16 year old during the summer
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,845 Member
    Options
    There’s a certain tv ad for a certain automobile that really bugs me.
    There is a man and woman couple doing different fun outdoorsy type things and each time the man is a total wuss and the woman is like an outdoorswoman.
    Why?
    Why does the woman need to be more manly than the man?

It seems like no big deal, a petty thing to be irked by but it’s just one more thing on top of many other social constructs that future generations will regret.
    My grandkids will be living in that world so it irks me.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Once again it’s 4 am and once again I can’t get back to sleep. Don’t know if it’s caused by anxiety or recently switching the medication I take to control the anxiety. Either way this is making me miserable and grumpy.
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »
    My mother calling my EX husband to talk about money.
    Why are you calling him old woman? 😡
    When I was 17 she hated him so much that when I told her I wanted to marry him she had me locked up in the psychiatric ward of a hospital for a week. 🤬
    Now she’s calling him instead of me.
    WTF mom?

She got you locked up in a psychiatric ward for a week!? That must have been awful.

It was awful.
    I was a very angry young woman.
    A phone call from my ex telling me to go along with everything and not be combative and I’d get out sooner.
    So I did that.
    It was humiliating.
    But I got out, faked feeling civilized for a while then moved in with my ex and his mom.
    We married 2yrs later.
    Managed to stay married 35yrs.

I'm sorry to hear about that, it's one thing being angry and combative but not a reason to be locked away. All things considered, I think you dealt it with it rather well!

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    There is a man and woman couple doing different fun outdoorsy type things and each time the man is a total wuss and the woman is like an outdoorswoman.
    Why?

It seems like no big deal, a petty thing to be irked by but it’s just one more thing on top of many other social constructs that future generations will regret.

Thank you for saying this.....had i said it im sure it would have been just called mansplaining.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    This teacher says "ammm ammm",
    Instead of "um". Driving me kind of crazy.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Why?

What about a woman being outdoorsy is irksome to you? Or is it one of those commercials that just rips on one gender and basically goes "haha you idiot, you can't do anything right 😂" because those ones bother me a bit.

Or! is it just that you prefer traditional gender roles
    I completely agree with Honey re: this ad. The guy is made to look so incompetent. Can't they both be good at rock climbing, etc.?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    On another note: it took me 45 minutes to find a parking spot at the airport. What the heck?!

AND the guy in the middle seat next to me is leaning so far over (sleeping) he's almost in my lap. 😑
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    On another note: it took me 45 minutes to find a parking spot at the airport. What the heck?!

AND the guy in the middle seat next to me is leaning so far over (sleeping) he's almost in my lap. 😑

Gross
  • cmsienk
    Options

Gross
    Indeed
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,845 Member
    Options
    Why?

What about a woman being outdoorsy is irksome to you? Or is it one of those commercials that just rips on one gender and basically goes "haha you idiot, you can't do anything right 😂" because those ones bother me a bit.

I have no problem with the woman being “outdoorsy” but fail to see why the man is portrayed as a physical wimp.
    Yes, me, myself, personally, in my life,
    I prefer the traditional gender roles.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Why?

I have no problem with the woman being “outdoorsy” but fail to see why the man is portrayed as a physical wimp.
    Yes, me, myself, personally, in my life,
    I prefer the traditional gender roles.
    I have not seen the ad in question, but I think you explained it very well.