What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,722 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have been getting strange texts from a number I don’t know.
    1st time I assumed it was a wrong number, ignored it.
    2nd time 👀👀, I deleted it.
    This morning this 🍆, I blocked it.

This is creeping me out, it’s a local number.
    I’m going to be hyper vigilante.

What does PI Google have to say?

I know not what this is you speak of 🤷🏼‍♀️

You know...PI Google. Dr Google. Chef Google. Kama Google Sutra. Google the number! 😋

Yeah, I think it’s someone I no longer associate with.

I hope this isn’t too forward… do you think it’s someone you know because they have a distinct…ummm…. Sigh. Never mind

😂 you were being so delicate, lol.
    He’s a low down dirty dog! 🐀
    🤣
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I have been getting strange texts from a number I don’t know.
    1st time I assumed it was a wrong number, ignored it.
    2nd time 👀👀, I deleted it.
    This morning this 🍆, I blocked it.

This is creeping me out, it’s a local number.
    I’m going to be hyper vigilante.

What does PI Google have to say?

I know not what this is you speak of 🤷🏼‍♀️

You know...PI Google. Dr Google. Chef Google. Kama Google Sutra. Google the number! 😋

Yeah, I think it’s someone I no longer associate with.

I hope this isn’t too forward… do you think it’s someone you know because they have a distinct…ummm…. Sigh. Never mind

😂 you were being so delicate, lol.
    He’s a low down dirty dog! 🐀
    🤣
    I am TRYING to be less crass😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    65 on a country route
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,966 Member
    Options
    A papercut under my thumbnail 😑
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    A papercut under my thumbnail 😑

Ouch that hurts just reading it.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    when people are honestly trying to eat better, especially in the pursuit of weight loss & feeling well, and they don’t realize… certain full fat yogurts, granola, & other purported health foods are not helping. And it’s not about the calories alone or the protein alone or anything alone but everything context.

Add to that complications of food aversions, upbringing…

And it seems so simple to people who have been doing it for a while or who don’t share the same struggles but it’s actually quite a bit of complicated information and can be very overwhelming to share with someone who is trying their best

100%. There are so many landmines in this fitness realm from the complications you mentioned to the info (misinformation often times) overload. I was so annoyed with the fitness industry and empathetic to people in the situation that you described (I once was one) that I completed a nutrition coaching certification in 2018. The thing I really appreciated about the course was the lack of "DO THIS. DON'T DO THAT". It was much more focused on meeting an individual where they are. I digress.. I still cringe at fitness advice I see thrown around in a one size fits all cavalier fashion.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    when people are honestly trying to eat better, especially in the pursuit of weight loss & feeling well, and they don’t realize… certain full fat yogurts, granola, & other purported health foods are not helping. And it’s not about the calories alone or the protein alone or anything alone but everything context.

And it seems so simple to people who have been doing it for a while or who don’t share the same struggles but it’s actually quite a bit of complicated information and can be very overwhelming to share with someone who is trying their best

100%. There are so many landmines in this fitness realm from the complications you mentioned to the info (misinformation often times) overload. I was so annoyed with the fitness industry and empathetic to people in the situation that you described (I once was one) that I completed a nutrition coaching certification in 2018. The thing I really appreciated about the course was the lack of "DO THIS. DON'T DO THAT". It was much more focused on meeting an individual where they are. I digress.. I still cringe at fitness advice I see thrown around in a one size fits all cavalier fashion.

I love that you made a point of getting educated😊
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    subdude1 wrote: »
    People who use me and expect me to be at their beck and call immediately when they want or need something. Then, get upset, slam doors, and make passive aggressive comments towards me as they dip out because my days already committed to helping their kin and I literally can’t help them too.

Yikes sounds like they should appreciate you already helping out their kin and not feel so entitled to your time
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

So true. It's thought navigating the "diet" world when we are conditioned to believe "healthy" doesn't necessarily mean it's not calorie sense or high in sugars. I discovered by tracking I eat way too many sugary things and when that's controlled I feel healthier and lose weight. I was always told yogurt was healthy but it's so sugary.

People have to do what works for them. It's also like with working out there's people who think you must every day or you'll lose what you've done....nope. listen to your body it'll often tell you a lot
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Waiting. I'm not a patient "waiter"? Lady-in-waiting"?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Sometime people comment "W" on social media posts and I finally looked up what it means.

It means Win.

IT'S JUST TWO MORE FREAKING LETTERS, PEOPLE!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Sometime people comment "W" on social media posts and I finally looked up what it means.

It means Win.

L

🤣kidding
  • cmsienk
    Options

It means Win.

L

🤣kidding
    S

🤣 also kidding

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options

It means Win.

L

🤣kidding
    S

🤣 also kidding

F U A

:)
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2023
    Options

It means Win.

L

🤣kidding
    S

🤣 also kidding

F U A

:)
    W 😳
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 262 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I haven't done anything to my hair other than bleach or highlights for a few years which lead me to forget that my hair obscenely absorbs the pigment in dye so now instead of being a darker blonde I am temporarily a brunette again
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I haven't done anything to my hair other than bleach or highlights for a few years which lead me to forget that my hair obscenely absorbs the pigment in dye so now instead of being a darker blonde I am temporarily a brunette again
    Zebra stripes please. And gif it.