What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

People in crowded spaces.

I already have issues dealing with auditory input in crowds or when multiple people are speaking/saying/doing something in my vicinity, but there's just something about the absolute carelessness of other people when they're in crowded places that grinds my gears.

I understand having a good time, wanting to see all the stuff and do things with your friends/family, but that's not an excuse to not be observant or to let your children run rampant and constantly walk or run in front of me. Multiple people today were either not watching their children.. or weren't watching where they were going themselves. I almost got run over by a man on one of those giant electric shopping cart scooters who wasn't paying attention at all (or just not giving a *kitten* about anyone), two teens on electric scooters in a pedestrian walkway (it's the zoo, not a sidewalk or a bike path), and about a billion parents with their wide-*kitten* double strollers.

All I'm asking is for people to be a bit observant. That's it.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

If I swipe down.. this shows at the bottom

See the three strokes on the right, touch that .. in there I have mobile view or desktop view.. hope that helps 🙂

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

Love the bigger choice of easier to find emojis. :)

But I still wanna know who disagrees all the time. :)

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options

The fact that no matter what I do, I seem to flirt with injury.

I'm getting physio on my right knee and left ankle... so most cardio is out, and lifting has to be very careful.

Yesterday I decided to pull out the crochet hook and after a few hours, I now have an issue in my elbow. WTAF?

Plus I have an issue in my upper spine that never goes away, and still have problems in my right side ribs.

I honesly feel jealous of people who are older than me and still able to kill it in the gym. I feel like I'm constantly hurting somewhere. 45 shouldn't feel this old! :laugh:

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

It irks me that quoted comments are now linked instead of nested. And it appears to me that this was not the case at one point, as can be seen in the linked comment above.

I suspect this change from nested to linked occurred when they changed from allowing to disallowing BBCode. Perhaps not, but the fact that it was nesting properly at one point, after switching to the new interface, tells us that they should be able to fix this.

(@Betty The nested vs linked changed at some point on Nov 10th)

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    😂
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Please consistently stay with one thing, MFP. You gave me expanded emojis yesterday and immediately after the change, but now I'm back to those crappy basic ones I've been forced to use on desktop for YEARS.

Stop changing the good stuff back to crap and vice versa.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Please consistently stay with one thing, MFP. You gave me expanded emojis yesterday and immediately after the change, but now I'm back to those crappy basic ones I've been forced to use on desktop for YEARS.

Pesky crumbs..🤪
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    59pu72agdm5t.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I Think the emoji change is because they went back to BBCode for now in order to temporarily address some of the larger bugs. The intention is to do away with BBCode asap, but until they fix those bugs, they've reverted.

I hope so. I really liked having better emoji choices. I also want to know when and if they are going to change the home page and the rest of the site (including our feeds) to reflect the changes here. It's really weird popping back and forth between different page styles, fonts and placement of links depending on which part of the site I'm on.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    watching those cooking videos on how to build a chocolate cake with 3 simple ingredients knowing full well I'm never gonna make it :disappointed:
  • KosmosKitten
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Not an irk, but because so many of us were irked by the lack of a dark mode, there are work-arounds (at least on Firefox/Chrome). Firefox has an extension called "Dark Mode" and yes, it does work on this site. MY EYES ARE THANKING ME NOW.

Chrome users have an extension, too.. and someone posted the link to it in the Forum Feedback and Suggestions thread.

Just thought I'd pass it along to save someone else's eyeballs aside from my own!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    No irk but grateful I'm not as observant as everybody else is. Most of the forum irks mentioned have me thinking I have no clue what they're talking about. :)
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I use to be able to look up people's food diaries if their profiles were public but now I can't, I think.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,541 Member
    Options
    After having my American Express for 38yrs with not one problem, last night someone got my number and charged 350. worth of items from Walmart online.
    Am Ex caught it, I’m out no $ and they correct the acct # with all my reoccurring charges.
    Thing is, they bought 350. worth of formula. 😶
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I'm sure I missed it somewhere, or it was mentioned someplace.....but I went to edit my post and couldn't figure it out. Oh well, ain't got time for that this a.m.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    The migraine that won't leave.

Netflix documentaries that glorify killers and perpetrators of violent crimes, but leave out or completely gloss over the massive amount of victims left in the wake. Stop glorifying serial killers and violent offenders.

I was watching a murder thingy and the lady telling it said that she couldn’t mention certain victims because she’d get sued. Some of the surviving families don’t want to be in or have their family member mentioned in these type of shows. 🤷🏻‍♀️