Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,766 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    No irks. Doing this for @ReenieHJ.
    74ato38maxlq.jpg
    After you post, 3 dots to the right of your Member status appear. If you click on those, you get the bar that says (Edit 1 Hr.). Click on that and you can edit. (See pic in Spoiler)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    The migraine that won't leave.

Netflix documentaries that glorify killers and perpetrators of violent crimes, but leave out or completely gloss over the massive amount of victims left in the wake. Stop glorifying serial killers and violent offenders.

I was watching a murder thingy and the lady telling it said that she couldn’t mention certain victims because she’d get sued. Some of the surviving families don’t want to be in or have their family member mentioned in these type of shows. 🤷🏻‍♀️

That's fine. I don't mean I want the personal stories of the victims; they deserve anonymity (especially in cases that involve violent assault or murder). I meant more from a standpoint of the documentary being "all about the personal lives of the accused/convicted" and all about their personal back story, which may or may not be true, as many serial violent crime committers are notorious liars and have been known to embellish a story because they love the media attention. For a multi-episode documentary, they could have spent at least one whole episode on the crimes (omitting names and images of course) and then delved into the trial and media circus in the following episode, but they crammed it all in the same episode and then all of the proceeding episodes were all about the accused, his childhood, his numerous lies and whims, etc.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    No irks. Doing this for @ReenieHJ.
    74ato38maxlq.jpg
    After you post, 3 dots to the right of your Member status appear. If you click on those, you get the bar that says (Edit 1 Hr.). Click on that and you can edit. (See pic in Spoiler)

Thanks!! I must've had my eyes closed this morning when I was here. :/
    I get a bit anal when I spell things wrong so usually try to edit when that happens. :)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    People that ask for advice on the forums and when it's given , start to shoot down every idea. Turns out that they've already made up their mind what they're going to do. Looking for attention and argument.

I get this from my customers all the time. Drives me up a wall when they argue over my answer to their problems. Its like, why are you even asking me if you know so much ? Go waste somebody else's time D/H :s
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I can't see my profile page,or my wall with my friend posts on it. I feel like I am locked in the basement alone with a bunch of scented candles and no matches.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I can't see my profile page,or my wall with my friend posts on it. I feel like I am locked in the basement alone with a bunch of scented candles and no matches.

Better than being locked in the basement with werewolves and snakes isn't it?

Would they be flower scented or spice scented?
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Most of my scented candles smell like meat. Ribeye, bourbon glazed salmon, brisket (my favorite), possum a-la-king, and so forth.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    People that ask for advice on the forums and when it's given , start to shoot down every idea. Turns out that they've already made up their mind what they're going to do. Looking for attention and argument.

I get this from my customers all the time. Drives me up a wall when they argue over my answer to their problems. Its like, why are you even asking me if you know so much ? Go waste somebody else's time D/H :s

My son does this all the time. It is so frustrating!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

Me neither. (web or app).

Maybe they are trying to drive people back to the forums. 🤣
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,766 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm trying not to be irked by things changing randomly, since I know they're trying to fix things, but it's challenging.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    How much the new format irks you may be related to your setup. It's the huge amount of white space that literally hurts my eyes. And why all the double spacing. Everything takes twice as long to scroll through.

@KosmosKitten I tried dark mode on Firefox (on an iMac) and I don't see that it makes any difference. Are you on windows?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Why the *kitten* won't/don't people do their jobs??? I'm sure people have said that about me at some point, but now it's my turn. C'mon people... I shouldn't have to babysit you.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Went to the market Friday night and had my eye on a piece of pie. I didn't get it because the roast beef is finally back at Subway and thought to get that instead. Stopped off and they were out....or it's not officially in yet (but on the app)...Stopped off at the market again the next night and, of course, the pie was gone.

(I mostly wanted the crust.)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    How much the new format irks you may be related to your setup. It's the huge amount of white space that literally hurts my eyes. And why all the double spacing. Everything takes twice as long to scroll through.

@KosmosKitten I tried dark mode on Firefox (on an iMac) and I don't see that it makes any difference. Are you on windows?

Yes, I'm on Windows (Windows 7, to be precise). Haven't tried the mode for tablet/phone yet.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    My kneecap. It's giving me chronic stabby pain. It doesn't hurt with deads, and is mostly ok with squats, but it kills with stairs, or tiny steps up. I am getting physio, and he worked on it today... so now I can't even cross my legs without pain.

Thankfully today is upper body day and I have a few days to rest it, but seriously... I feel like my body is rejecting me. sigh.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I can be shot or arrested if I demonstrate against Thai military government ! If I criticize the king of Thailand about his many wives and his extravagant spending of tax money I will be jailed for life ! 😕😞😡
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Most of my scented candles smell like meat. Ribeye, bourbon glazed salmon, brisket (my favorite), possum a-la-king, and so forth.

No bacon candles? Liver? Mmmm
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Malimalai wrote: »
    I can be shot or arrested if I demonstrate against Thai military government ! If I criticize the king of Thailand about his many wives and his extravagant spending of tax money I will be jailed for life ! 😕😞😡
    not a bad tradeoff for those delicious coconuts