Diet Soda

Options
12346»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Well of course.

If you eat really large amounts of lettuce log them.
    If you eat tiny amounts of lettuce but still want to log them, do so.

It was just an example of a low calorie food that most people eat in amounts too small to bother logging.

• chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who has sometimes needed to eat low sodium - when you are counting it, you count everything. Just like calories, huh? Just because something has a low or moderate amount of calories, or "isn't included in a list of high calorie foods" doesn't mean you wouldn't log it....so yeah, if you drink multiple cans per day, this could be a concern.

I don't love the taste of them honestly, but every once in a while they really hit the spot. I like cherry coke zero the best, I tend to keep a box of them around but I only go through a twelve back every few months. Like people have been pointing out, a lot of the drawbacks (re: acidity) are probably about the same as a regular soda. I like to keep a few cans of regular around too for when the mood strikes.

But Nobody said don't log it or don't count the sodium. If you are counting the sodium in broccoli, tap water etc - sure, count the sodium in diet soda too.
    ( actually I don't bother logging calories of really low calories items like diet soda, lettuce etc )

I did say it is not a high sodium item nor on any lists of foods to avoid on low sodium diets. This is one myth that seems to persist, despite evidence to the contrary.

Just as an aside, and I know I may be an outlier, but I frequently eat 80+ calories of lettuce a day, which is a fairly significant percentage of my daily.

Presumably those that eat likewise will have enough sense to log it, but……

I'm in your group and eat over 120+ per day of lettuce. I eat humongous mixing bowl salads every day, don't judge. Lol.