Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 158

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,810 Member
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »

08/08 …..190.6 ….. I hate typing my weight this morning in the color Oh-So-Sad-Blue but that is what I do when any gain is actually something I caused. I was so hungry at 3:00 AM that I went back to the fridge and warmed up my dinner leftovers meant for lunch today. That put me in the red on my MFP food logging by 46 calories after eating all my exercise calories back. I got such a good doctors report and then I got so close to the 180’s by weighing in at 190.0 yesterday I know this was self-sabotage. I do it often. I wonder why I have to ruin it for myself and create more challenges for myself everytime I am near success? Why can’t I just let myself succeed or be happy? BTW, I went back in this morning and changed my food log for yesterday after my late-night meal. Is that what I am supposed to do, even after it’s been posted on the home thread? How do all of you handle this? Also, I would love to hear all thoughts on self-sabotage. I’m still down over 3 pounds this round. I am going to work on my better diet and lifestyle today. I want to finish strong. No self-sabotage today if I've got ANYTHING to say about it!

08/09 …..xxxxx …..

If I eat after midnight I enter it in the new day's log and am then able to adjust that days eating to "accomodate" the late night eating; don't know if that is what should be done, but it seems it's the only way to "manage" it!!

@musicsax Thanks for the tip. I think if I have to pay for it the next day, it may help me to resist or choose a light snack if absolutely necessary next time so this seems to be a great idea!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I know this round is about over, but, I just wanted say Hi, and that I'm looking forward to R159.

You can call me Kitty and I'm an Okie from Oklahoma, born and raised here. Won't officially start until (8/10), so I'll wait until then for my first weigh in.

I'll be back on the first day of R159! Best wishes as you finish this round and start the next one. 😄

Welcome!!
  • CamandJarvis
    Options
    chublet25 wrote: »
    Finished my c25k, all 9 weeks, and am now trying (slowly) to get faster at it, as my run times would be embarrassing, should I run a race. Short (1 h) woods walk also in the plans. Good times. See y'all in the next round!

I'm only on week 3 of mine (skipped W3D2 this morning) but if we were closer, I'd run with you! We could be slow together, but at least we can say we did it! Super proud of you!!! (Also, thanks for inspiring me to do C25K when I signed up for the race. I was going to wing it until I saw all your updates on it)
  • CamandJarvis
    Options
    @CamandJarvis, May I suggest to you not to eat corn? We (humans) lack the enzymes to break down corn. We cannot digest it.

Yeah, I try not to eat it very often but we had some going bad from kids (their request) and don't like to waste food. Typically dinner is with some vegetable and I keep steaming veggies in stock for those last minute meals. Usually, though, corn doesn't cause me to react like this, at least not this bad. Guessing a combination of things going on
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady, I know diabetes is not a straightforward condition to live with. I know the treatment itself can cause spikes in hunger. You are managing wonderfully. I love that about you.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    @deepwoodslady, I know diabetes is not a straightforward condition to live with. I know the treatment itself can cause spikes in hunger. You are managing wonderfully. I love that about you.

@tiabirdie56 <3<3<3
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,821 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady and @musicsax A new day begins at midnight, IMHO. 3AM would be a new day. If one was doing shift work that might change one’s outlook.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @KatLadyLove2 welcome! Where in Oklahoma are you?
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    Female 5’1” Age 71 years
    Started Keto WOE 7/17/17 (mid-Rnd 10)
    *Travel - no scale part of the time
    Weight on 1/17/17 174.5
    OGW 137 (set by WW 2008, WW goal 1985 was 126) UGW was 125 (HS weight 1968)
    Maintaining below 120
    Rnd 7 167.0 to Rnd 17 155.5
    To Rnd 27 146*
    To Rnd 37 139.0
    To Rnd 47 133.5*
    To Rnd 57 131.5
    To Rnd 67 128.0
    To Rnd 77 125.0
    To Rnd 87 121.0*
    To Rnd 97 121.0
    To Rnd 107 122.0
    To Rnd 117 116.0
    To Rnd 127 117.0
    To Rnd 137 117.0
    To Rnd 147 116.0
    SW Rnd 148 116.5 AW 117.41
    SW Rnd 149 115.5 AW 116.8
    SW Rnd 150 118.5 AW 117.15
    SW Rnd 151 118. AW 117.11
    SW Rnd 152 116.0 AW 115.35
    SW Rnd 153 115.0 AW 115.2
    SW Rnd 154 115.0 AW 115.2
    SW Rnd 155 115.5 AW 115.2
    SW Rnd 156 115.5 AW 115.0
    SW Rnd 157 115.5 AW 114.75

We ALL have good rounds and bad but that is part of life. Don’t stay away, stay accountable. We don’t judge, we support.-Jpv,2/13/19

What we need to succeed is a sustainable way of eating, not a DIET we go on and off.

This is NOT A DIET. It’s a LIFESTYLE.

**Comments apply to previous day**

SW Rnd 158 115.5 AW 115.8
    7/31 116.0 expected up tick from Wednesday and Thursday. It’s all good!
    8/1 116.0
    **EDIT - after 6 cups of coffee and massive TMI, I reweighed and was 115.0
    8/2 115.0 Great Greek yesterday
    8/3 117.0 Finished Greek salad gyro meat and 1/4 pita
    8/4 116.5
    8/5 116.5 Dinner at Juan’s Flaming Fajitas with DGS#3 for his birthday. Chips and house made tortillas may cause increase. Curious to see.
    8/6 116.0
    8/7 115.0 DH baked cookies yesterday. I could have eaten a bunch but did OMAD around noon. Ate only 1/2 of cookie. I can’t believe it’s almost the end of another 10 days!
    8/8 115.5
    8/9 115.5 Great Greek for lunch yesterday with DD#2 and DSIL. (3rd Sunday in a row!😁♥️) This was an interesting week food wise. I ate several products with refined flour and they have not caused an increase in my weight but my knees are hurting again like they did 4 years ago.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    @CamandJarvis, May I suggest to you not to eat corn? We (humans) lack the enzymes to break down corn. We cannot digest it.

Are you talking about cellulose?
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,980 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Yes @chublet25. Cellulose, yes its fiber and for some people it doesn't seem to affect adversely. I'm talking about corn specifically.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Finished my c25k, all 9 weeks, and am now trying (slowly) to get faster at it, as my run times would be embarrassing, should I run a race. Short (1 h) woods walk also in the plans. Good times. See y'all in the next round!

I'm only on week 3 of mine (skipped W3D2 this morning) but if we were closer, I'd run with you! We could be slow together, but at least we can say we did it! Super proud of you!!! (Also, thanks for inspiring me to do C25K when I signed up for the race. I was going to wing it until I saw all your updates on it)

Awe, thanks. I did the c25k years ago and it was a lot easier then. I never had to repeat weeks, and by the time I finished, I was indeed running a 5k in about 30 minutes. But now that I'm nearly 66 years old it's a lot harder! I would love to have a running (I use the term loosely!) partner. I really don't want to come in last in the race. Our campus usually has a 5km race in the middle of October but I don't think that they've made up their minds about this year. If they decide to have it, and I can do it at a decent speed (and I have pretty low standards) I will sign up. That's always been my goal!
  • MTW70
    MTW70 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Awe, thanks. I did the c25k years ago and it was a lot easier then. I never had to repeat weeks, and by the time I finished, I was indeed running a 5k in about 30 minutes. But now that I'm nearly 66 years old it's a lot harder! I would love to have a running (I use the term loosely!) partner. I really don't want to come in last in the race. Our campus usually has a 5km race in the middle of October but I don't think that they've made up their minds about this year. If they decide to have it, and I can do it at a decent speed (and I have pretty low standards) I will sign up. That's always been my goal!

@chublet25 I've run a ton of races and there is always people at all paces and I've never done a race that didn't actually have walkers too. So don't worry about being last! You can usually go online and see a race's results from previous years too, which would give you a good idea of where your pace would fall compared to others. Congrats on finishing C25K!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    @deepwoodslady and @musicsax A new day begins at midnight, IMHO. 3AM would be a new day. If one was doing shift work that might change one’s outlook.

@quiltingjaine I usually start my day at my wake-up time and end it at sleep time when I am logging (bedtime to bedtime). However, I will do whatever makes most sense to those more experienced than me and whatever keeps me inspired. I really really hate when I eat after I've closed my day since I am usually close to my target on my macros when I close it out. However, many have said to add it to the next day so I will try that if and when it happens again. Midnight does sound like a good cut-off time. Thanks for the tip!