August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @Tramboman I remember "I wanna put on my my my my boogie shoes, and boogie with you." But that's the extent of my memory too. Glad your hip and hamstring were a little better.

Nice running @martaindale . I'm working on fueling too. I've only tried a couple of things and I like the Honey Stinger chews.

@RunsOnEspresso There must be something about this week - several people I know, including me, either cut their runs short or felt like throwing in the towel. Weird. I hope you get over your allergies soon.

Nice going @sweetdaisy13 !

@kgirlhart Glad the extra rest day helped and congrats on meeting your monthly goal.

Thanks @Teresa502 . Nice run today.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic great hike, sounds challenging but you did it!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Wow @katharmonic that was a very long hike! But sounds fun! Great pictures!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Thanks @katharmonic . You amaze me with all of those tough long hikes! I thought it was very nice or you to carpool to the parking lot so as not to take up two precious spots. I wonder how many other people do the same. You're pictures are great. Can't imagine scrambling up that cliff.

@rheddmobile Nice running, but that grit sounds awful. Glad you got in the car before the heavens opened up.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That hike sounds intense. Too bad about the views, but at least you got some for one peak. That one section does indeed look a little scrambly! :D

@rheddmobile While I definitely don’t love actually being in the path of a hurricane, I do love the weather that comes from being along the edges or right before it hits. I love storms. The energy in the air and all the lightning is my favorite. I remember taking a walk right before Ike hit Houston just to be outside in the prestorm energy. Of course, the storm then hit and it sucked. But that prestorm feeling was amazing.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @katharmonic - I think @Teresa502 nailed it. I don't think running and all that hiking would be advisable. The fact that you remain so mindful about your running and your other activities is the secret to maintain long term, not so much just always hitting huge running mileage numbers. But you know that already!