Beauty procedures to help with weight loss

Options
Hi everyone!

I wonder if you do any beauty procedures during your weight loss? Like massages, body wraps,maybe liposonix or Coolsculpting?

I just use body creams to keep my skin moisturized and to protect from stretching or excess skin. My current cream is Clarins anticellulite lotion. And also I do coffee scrubs, sauna and massages quite often. For my bust I use Collistar bust night cream. And I take vitamins for my skin (Swiss multivitamins for skin).

But recently in Geneva I bought this night cream that is supposed to help body shaping.http://www.somatolinecosmetic.com/en/woman/our_product_range/slimming_and_firming_treatments/intensive_night_slimming_treatment.html

I must say I trust Swiss medics and Skincare lot and it was recommended by the pharmacist. Haven't tried it yet though.

Please share if you do any procedures to help your skin during your weightloss.

P.S. I know that only diet and exercise helps to lose weight, please don't start with it. The question is only about the beauty procedures to accommodate diet and etc.

Replies

• xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what vitamins are good 4 skin... I take biotin but am wanting 2 try & find other vitamins that would be good also... How do u like the Clarins anticellulite lotion?
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what vitamins are good 4 skin... I take biotin but am wanting 2 try & find other vitamins that would be good also... How do u like the Clarins anticellulite lotion?

Well, I don't see it helping with cellulite but my skin is smooth and pretty :)

I take biotin 6000 for hair.
    And I take these vitamins for my skin http://www.merz.de/beauty/schoenheit_von_innen/merz_spezial_dragees/weitereinformationen/informationenmerzspezialdragees.jsp. In addition I take Q10 and Omega 3-6-9.

I have very dry skin so I'm always scared of wrinkles and lose skin.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    Wow, nobody does the beauty procedures? I'm surprised...

I see lots of discussion on bypass surgeries and lose skin but no one discusses sauna or liposonix.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need for extra stuff. My diet takes care of my needs for vitamins and minerals. My healthy way of loosing weight and toning my muscles with exercise and proper nutrition pretty much take care of everything else.

The only beauty thing I do is get my hair colored to cover that grey streak my 19 year old son has caused me this year with flipping his car, then loosing his job and being an all around man child. :laugh: :grumble: :laugh:
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I changed my hair colour. Went from blonde to being a redhead. Red is my natural colour (lost the natural colour years ago). I also had my vision corrected ....... no more glasses.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I had a cyst removed from my shoulder. Didn't weigh it, but I guesstimate I lost 10 grams or so from that procedure. I'd recommend that for those close to their goal if they need a little help closing the gap.
    2366943 Posts: 3
    Options
    I had a cyst removed from my shoulder. Didn't weigh it, but I guesstimate I lost 10 grams or so from that procedure. I'd recommend that for those close to their goal if they need a little help closing the gap.
    :laugh:
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I read that properly hydrated skin can help shrink back faster with weight loss so I have been applying regular body lotion at least once per day (nothing fancy or expensive really -- bought it at Bath and Body Works -- Shea Butter Cream). I used to rarely use body lotion but I did use face, foot and hand lotion only.

I have lost nearly 40 pounds and I have not experienced as much lose skin as I have in the past when I lost the same amount of weight so I think its working. It could also all be in my head, but I will keep doing it. I don't think I am spending more than $5 a month on lotion.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I read that properly hydrated skin can help shrink back faster with weight loss so I have been applying regular body lotion at least once per day (nothing fancy or expensive really -- bought it at Bath and Body Works -- Shea Butter Cream). I used to rarely use body lotion but I did use face, foot and hand lotion only.

I have lost nearly 40 pounds and I have not experienced as much lose skin as I have in the past when I lost the same amount of weight so I think its working. It could also all be in my head, but I will keep doing it. I don't think I am spending more than $5 a month on lotion.

Congrats on your weightloss! Yes, moisturizing skin definitely helps to reduce possibilities of stretch and lose skin, and helps it to shrink.

We don't have bath and body works in my country but I do remember it from living in the USA, had sooooooo much options to chose from!
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't really thought about beauty procedures ... I do take a multi-vitamin and calcium supplement daily. I moisturize daily with Body Shop's body butter (love it!) but I do it coz my skin is dry. Reading a couple of posts here, I didn't know it will help reduce loose skin! I guess I'll be using the cream in other areas of my body now :)
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I haven't really thought about beauty procedures ... I do take a multi-vitamin and calcium supplement daily. I moisturize daily with Body Shop's body butter (love it!) but I do it coz my skin is dry. Reading a couple of posts here, I didn't know it will help reduce loose skin! I guess I'll be using the cream in other areas of my body now :)

I'm surprised nobody talks about this. Of course it helps.

Moisturizing also helps to reduce stretch marks during pregnancy.

I actually used to do my own creams and oils I was so serious about having good natural creams. But it takes too much time and effort.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, not really. To look better, sure.

Facials, body scrubs, botox, fillers, chemical peels, etc.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I choose to use my money for my gym membership rather than overly expensive often unproved beauty products. But hey, whatever floats your boat I say ;-))
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I choose to use my money for my gym membership rather than overly expensive often unproved beauty products. But hey, whatever floats your boat I say ;-))

Seriously you think gym membership will help you with wrinkles in future?
  • YaGigi
    Options
    For weight loss, not really. To look better, sure.

Facials, body scrubs, botox, fillers, chemical peels, etc.

I've never done any Botox or fillers and my dermatologist says I don't need it yet. But I'm opened to have it in future...
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I wonder if anyone tried the Velashape treatments? My gym is offering it right now and I wonder if it gives any results.

I have purchased the Endermology lipomassage package for 20 sessions at my gym spa a year ago and have not finished even a half of it yet. I really like the effect it gives but it's pretty painful for me. I prefer regular massage instead.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I hear aloe vera is good for the skin. Might it help with stretch marks etc?

It could do - sweating keeps the pores clear and the skin moisturised. And when you're in the gym, you're out of the sun. And you tend to drink more water when you train. You're moisturising from within which beats all those expensive products. Plus you're not putting chemicals on your skin.
  • HeatherJeann
    Options
    Coconut oil! I swear by this! Put it on first while taking a shower, do your normal routine (wash/ condition hair, shave legs, etc...) and let it soak into your skin. Just before you get out of the shower, rinse it off. It will give you a radiant glow and leave your skin feeling ahhh-mazing! It doesn't exactly help with weight loss per se, but it works wonders ;)
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I hear aloe vera is good for the skin. Might it help with stretch marks etc?

It could do - sweating keeps the pores clear and the skin moisturised. And when you're in the gym, you're out of the sun. And you tend to drink more water when you train. You're moisturising from within which beats all those expensive products. Plus you're not putting chemicals on your skin.

Sweat doesn't moisturize your skin :) Drinking lots of water and taking healthy oils is good but the top level of the skin needs moisturizing.

I must say it could be cultural differences as well. In my culture skin care and protection starts from the early age.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    Coconut oil! I swear by this! Put it on first while taking a shower, do your normal routine (wash/ condition hair, shave legs, etc...) and let it soak into your skin. Just before you get out of the shower, rinse it off. It will give you a radiant glow and leave your skin feeling ahhh-mazing! It doesn't exactly help with weight loss per se, but it works wonders ;)

Oh wow, nice! Thanks for the recommendation! I've never thought of using coconut oil this way!
    I usually just use it on my hair and I swear by it! It's the best treatment for dry hair! I put it on my hair 2 hours before hair wash. And later wash it off with my shampoo.
    And it's the only oil that can be easily washed out after one wash. Usually with other oils it takes 3-4 washes which is damaging for hair.