Beauty procedures to help with weight loss

Options

Replies

• mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, not really. To look better, sure.

Facials, body scrubs, botox, fillers, chemical peels, etc.

I've never done any Botox or fillers and my dermatologist says I don't need it yet. But I'm opened to have it in future...

Yes, I am 51 and these things are great when you get my age.

Probably staying out the sun is best for wrinkles.
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get massages, drink lots of water and considering body wraps now that I'm almost 100 lbs down and have lots of loose skin.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I take a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses each day for the iron and calcium - but it is supposed to keep grey hair at bay! My hair is very healthy and I don't have any grey yet (I'm 37), but that is genes I think.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, not really. To look better, sure.

Facials, body scrubs, botox, fillers, chemical peels, etc.

I've never done any Botox or fillers and my dermatologist says I don't need it yet. But I'm opened to have it in future...

Yes, I am 51 and these things are great when you get my age.

Probably staying out the sun is best for wrinkles.

I use Missha bb cream with SPF 42 daily because I'm so scared of sun damage! And SPF 45 for the body when I'm at a beach.
    But I don't use the body SPF when I'm just outside in the city and I do get tan from this... But I just can't bring myself to using body SPF in the city...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Wow, nobody does the beauty procedures? I'm surprised...

nope... i slap on a bit of moisturised on my arms and legs when i can be bothered, but thats as far as my 'beauty procedures' go!!!!
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I get massages, drink lots of water and considering body wraps now that I'm almost 100 lbs down and have lots of loose skin.

Oh you should've started with it earlier...before you lost so much weight... That's ok, your skin can shrink if you help it. Just really need to have enough moisture and oils for it.

Do you take an oils? Like omega 3-6-9 or evening primrose oil?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't really thought about beauty procedures ... I do take a multi-vitamin and calcium supplement daily. I moisturize daily with Body Shop's body butter (love it!) but I do it coz my skin is dry. Reading a couple of posts here, I didn't know it will help reduce loose skin! I guess I'll be using the cream in other areas of my body now :)

I'm surprised nobody talks about this. Of course it helps.

Moisturizing also helps to reduce stretch marks during pregnancy.

I actually used to do my own creams and oils I was so serious about having good natural creams. But it takes too much time and effort.

Actually this is not true either. During my pregnancy I used lots of lotions and oils to prevent stretch marks it didn't at all. Now my sister didn't use a thing and she has none...and I was 21 she was 33 when she had her baby...it's more about genetics and even tho we are sisters I take after my dads side and she takes after our moms...

As for when you are loosing weight and it helping whatever if you have stretch marks you have them using expensive creams is not going to make them go away...
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I take a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses each day for the iron and calcium - but it is supposed to keep grey hair at bay! My hair is very healthy and I don't have any grey yet (I'm 37), but that is genes I think.

I had to google it, never knew of it healthy benefits! You think it helps your hair?
    I take biotin 6000 for my hair. And recently bought Priorin N for my hair but adding 3 pills to my other vitamins is a bit too much...

What else do you do to your hair?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    my beauty routine:

squats 3x week
    deadlifts 1-2x week
    bench press 1-2x week
    pendlay rows 1-2x week
    overhead press 1-2x week

the overhead press may be a real :grumble: but it's really worth it for how my shoulders look so much better now than they did before I ever did any overhead presses

plus skin is an organ, it needs to be nourished properly from the inside, so getting enough calories, protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and water in the diet is also therefore part of my beauty routine, and should be part of anyone's.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    I haven't really thought about beauty procedures ... I do take a multi-vitamin and calcium supplement daily. I moisturize daily with Body Shop's body butter (love it!) but I do it coz my skin is dry. Reading a couple of posts here, I didn't know it will help reduce loose skin! I guess I'll be using the cream in other areas of my body now :)

I'm surprised nobody talks about this. Of course it helps.

Moisturizing also helps to reduce stretch marks during pregnancy.

I actually used to do my own creams and oils I was so serious about having good natural creams. But it takes too much time and effort.

Actually this is not true either. During my pregnancy I used lots of lotions and oils to prevent stretch marks it didn't at all. Now my sister didn't use a thing and she has none...and I was 21 she was 33 when she had her baby...it's more about genetics and even tho we are sisters I take after my dads side and she takes after our moms...

As for when you are loosing weight and it helping whatever if you have stretch marks you have them using expensive creams is not going to make them go away...

Yes, that's true that it a lot from genetics. Also from hormones I think. But I'm not sure about this. I heard that some stretch marks are result of the hormones - like in the underarms or under the knees. My cousin has it and he is neither tall, nor overweight but he has stretch marks in his underarms which is a weird area for me.
    I guess the pregnancy stretch marks can be caused by hormones too.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Vanity is strong in this thread.
  • 1wweightloss
    Options
    For these patients, procedures like cool sculpting allow them to have results. The fat cells simply shrink and get flushed from your body.

In general, patients with a large amount of weight to lose are not candidates for fat.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    my beauty routine:

squats 3x week
    deadlifts 1-2x week
    bench press 1-2x week
    pendlay rows 1-2x week
    overhead press 1-2x week

the overhead press may be a real :grumble: but it's really worth it for how my shoulders look so much better now than they did before I ever did any overhead presses

plus skin is an organ, it needs to be nourished properly from the inside, so getting enough calories, protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and water in the diet is also therefore part of my beauty routine, and should be part of anyone's.

QFT!
  • russellbrand69
    Options

I had to google it, never knew of it healthy benefits! You think it helps your hair?
    I take biotin 6000 for my hair. And recently bought Priorin N for my hair but adding 3 pills to my other vitamins is a bit too much...

What else do you do to your hair?

I just use head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner, and brush it every couple of days!
    I think it's in such good condition because I don't do anything to it, frankly. I used to dye my hair in college, but I haven't done that since I was 22.
    I love my blackstrap molasses though - I'd recommend anyone take it, it has so many benefits, and is good if you'd rather get vitamins and minerals from food rather than tablets.
    (That said, I do take one calcium tablet a day - as a vegetarian who has cut way down on dairy, I couldn't see any other way).

Other than that - I've noticed the skin on my arms and legs has gotten really smooth - it used to have lots and lots of tiny little bumps that weren't very visible but I could see them and I just thought there were part of me and there for good. I drink 3 litres of water a day and I am positive that helped to cleared them up.
  • russellbrand69
    Options

Ah come on, let us be vain!
    I've hated looking in the mirror for a decade, it feels amazing to be able to tell someone something I like about myself and how I think it happened as a result of healthy lifestyle changes.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Vanity is strong in this forum.

EFA?

How many are really on MFP just for health reasons? I know I'm not. You can be fat and fit.
  • YaGigi
    Options
    For these patients, procedures like cool sculpting allow them to have results. The fat cells simply shrink and get flushed from your body.

In general, patients with a large amount of weight to lose are not candidates for fat.

It is really hard to believe!

Have you tried it?

I personally saw significant result from the shaping lipo massage. My body changed a lot from it. I was slim and exercising back then, but I saw great changes only when I added that massage.

Unfortunately, I don't live in that country anymore and don't have this kind of massage therapist here.
  • YaGigi
    Options

Okkkkkkkkkkkk..... And how would you call those who have their 6 packs as their profile pics? It's like half of the MFP :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options

damn right!

in the words of shaun t 'i just wanna look goooood'!!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Sweat doesn't moisturize your skin :) Drinking lots of water and taking healthy oils is good but the top level of the skin needs moisturizing.

I must say it could be cultural differences as well. In my culture skin care and protection starts from the early age.

The top level of skin is moisturised if you are well-hydrated. I used to suffer from excessively dry skin, I've tried almost every product out there. It was like putting a plaster over a knife wound. Then someone suggested I drink more water. Works a treat. It's now my first indication I'm not drinking enough.

Which culture are you "from", then? :)