So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• thatbeautifulchick
    thatbeautifulchick Posts: 11 Member
    Hello all, just wanted to pop in and maybe share some laughs and non calorie food lol, I'm new here. I did mfp years ago, lost 88 pounds, gained all but 20 back. This is week one and I'm down 8 pounds . . .I think that deserves some bacon and maybe little Debbie snacks lol
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Mmmphf. . . Sorry Viktor, I had to finish chewing some M&M’s. @NavyCurls really came through and sent me a huge amount of M&M’s. That should last for a good bit. The macaroni and cheese was wonderful, as always. I’d like to order dessert now, please. No, the M&M’s were a, hmm, a palette cleanser. Zzyyggy’s choice of the Better Than Anything Cake would be perfect with a glass of iced tea. Thank you, Viktor.

Zzyyggy, at least you didn’t have to make the elevator a tiny house for the night! I got three loads of laundry done today, too. I saved the towels for last. That way I don’t have to fold them until tomorrow.

@thatbeautifulchick , welcome to the cybercafe! Your order will always be right out. Viktor is the most wonderful waiter and Francois, our world famous chef, can make anything, anyway you like it. Jorge, Viktor’s brother, does a wonderful massage, and Igor decorates for every occasion. I think I might order bacon and eggs and Little Debbie snacks for breakfast tomorrow.
  • NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    I just found out a co-worker climbs 19 flights of stairs in 10 minutes, multiple times a day. All while talking to the field crew. I was like “show-off” lol

Viktor - from ColdStone Creamory, a large vanilla ice cream with Reece’s PB cups smooshed in, with carmel, please. And a large hot chocolate, milk based.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Memorial Day is coming up soon. Is it too early to fire up the grill and get out all the salads? If not, I'd love a bacon cheeseburger with all the fixings, potato salad, macaroni salad, crispy cold watermelon, and a tall icy diet coke. Then a make-your-own sundae would be the piece de resistance. Yummm!

@LindaK125 Good luck with your knees. :(
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • LindaK125
    Nineteen fights of stairs. @NavyCurls that is just wrong. Ten minutes. No. I’d be crying after two or three flights. Mercy.

@ReenieHJ it is never too early to celebrate! Besides, I noticed that Zzyyggy and I have been ordering macaroni and cheese far too often. Time for a change! Grills and smokers at the ready. I can’t wait for some smoked barbecue chicken with Alabama sauce. I’m going to help in the kitchen and make my pasta salad with tons of veggies, pepperoni, ham, and cheese, dressed with a Greek vinaigrette. Does that qualify as macaroni and cheese? Viktor promises to have Cheerwine (sort of like cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper, but better). Make-your-own sundae sounds wonderful, but let’s not forget s’mores after dark on the terrace.

This afternoon the festivities include live music and appetizers and drinks on the patio by the cyber pool. Viktor is making my favorite iced tea with mini scoops of lemon sorbet. Yum! I think I still have some chocolate mint in the garden for anyone who needs it. Mint + chocolate = delicious.
  • NavyCurls
    @LindaK125 I told him the same - 3 flights, and I'm out of breathe.

Let's get the dancing started. This will be my workout for the day. For breakfast, I'll take a chorizo burrito with mixed fruit and OJ. For lunch, a mixed green leaf salad with grilled chicken, corn, cucumbers, carrot slivers, peas and ranch dressing with a Dr. Pepper. For dinner, Vince's spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread. For dessert, Cold Stone Creamery vanilla ice cream with Reece's PB cups smushed in and carmel sauce.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    I’ll have a glass of 🍷please. And can someone put the 🏈 game on the tv? You know what, add an order of Greek wings too! Thank you!
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 975 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi everyone, I am just too tired for anything tonight. Linda I love your idea of the grilled steaks count me in with baked potato and corn on the cob, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. It's never too early to grill at the cyber cafe. Carolannm2 welcome to the cyber cafe. I think I'll have dinner out here on the terrace. Hello to everyone else.
  • LindaK125
    Whoa, Zzyyggy, I didn’t know you ordered a new big screen tv for the patio by the pool. Those football players look life size! @CarolAnnM2 won’t miss a play tonight. @ReenieHJ the grills are hot and the watermelon is cold.

Zzyyggy, I think the terrace will be a little quieter tonight, what with the football game on the big screen by the pool. Take a power nap so you won’t miss the s’mores later this evening. I plan on spending the weekend here at the cybercafe. It’s been a long week and I’m recovering from surgery. Nothing serious, but I’m cold all the time right now, so it was really nice to go outside in the heat. It got up to 92 degrees with a lovely breeze and low humidity. It felt wonderful
  • ReenieHJ
    Oh no, I missed the s'mores? Maybe they'll have a repeat tonight, I even brought my own peanut butter cups to try with them. Some day I really will. :)

Supposed to be 90 here today and hot again tomorrow. :/ Hubby is going golfing, sure hope he does okay, just 2 of them so they should finish a little quicker than usual.

@LindaK125 get well soon but in the meantime, enjoy sitting back, feet up, getting waited on at the café.

• LindaK125
    @ReenieHJ — I’d like to try making s’mores with caramel. I bet my husband, Sweetie, would love s’mores with peanut butter cups. It’s the holiday weekend and we’ll have s’mores every night at the cybercafe. For that matter, we can have s’mores anytime we want because this is the cybercafe. We’re going to have another hot day in Charlotte, too. I hope your hubby is golfing this morning. At least it will be cooler.

Viktor, I’d like a table out on the patio by the pool this morning. I see ReenieHJ is already out here. She won’t mind if I join her. Oh, Viktor, let me give you my order before I forget. I’ll have the fruit salad with watermelon, cantaloupe, and berries and Francois’ delicious apricot ginger scones and coffee, please.

ReenieHJ, thanks for your well wishes.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi ladies, wow is it ever hot around here. I have the AC on now and it's nice in the apartment. Just walked outside for a bit and it was hotter then you know where. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some barbecued chicken with potato salad and a coca cola. I'll join ReenieHJ and Linda on the terrace. First I'll go for a dip in the pool. Then dinner and then S'mores. I just love the plain ole chocolate ones. For dessert I'm going to have chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Did I mention I needed chocolate?
  • NavyCurls
    Hey ladies, hope all is well. @LindaK125 what do you need? I got you?

A weekend on the terrace sounds awesome. I may go back and forth between the game.

Viktor - for breakfast tomorrow, can I please get a bagel with cream cheese, a bowl of strawberry halves, grapes, and cantaloupe with a large cold glass of OJ. For lunch, can I please get teriyaki chicken, rice and mixed steamed veggies? For dinner, I’ll take a Santa Maria tri-tip, a loaded baked potato, a dinner roll with butter and a side salad with ranch dressing. For dessert, I’ll take a red velvet Nothing Bundt Cake.
  • LindaK125
    Oh, the barbecue was wonderful tonight—the coleslaw, cheesy grits with sliced tomatoes, beans and greens, and the jalapeño cheddar cornbread were delicious. It’s a good thing I had dinner in the middle of the afternoon or I wouldn’t be able to have a bedtime snack! I told Viktor I needed chocolate and he suggested a glass of Cabernet with a few dark chocolate covered caramels. The perfect ending for the day. Useless and I are going to relax in my recliner. Viktor was sweet enough to bring Useless his favorite tuna cat treats so we’re both content.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, I'm melting tonight. For dinner tonight I'd love a big ole cheeseburger with french fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Its 88 degrees here today in the real world. And the clouds are rolling in for a late afternoon thunderstorm. I'm safely at home though in a nice cool apartment. I think I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool and then join Linda and Useless on the terrace. They look so cute curled up there.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, so sorry you’re melting. Tomorrow will be better, much cooler for you, somewhat cooler for me.

I kept thinking this was Memorial Day weekend. The good thing is that we can celebrate at the cybercafe for a whole other week now! Yeah! Gee, I must be even more tired than I thought. Sweetie had to point out the date to me. Of course, he chose to tell me at midnight last night. I remember him telling me, but I don’t think I truly woke up.

Useless has kept me company while I was reading Patricia McLinn’s latest book, “Cross Talk” in her Caught Dead In Wyoming series. I love this series. Anyway, I just finished the book and I’m ready for chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha of my own.
  • NavyCurls
    Good morning, ladies.

Outside of the normal chores, I had a lazy weekend. Did almost nothing, other than what was absolutely necessary.

I'll be on the lanai with A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers a snuggie and my grandparent's Pomeranian, Cubbie. Grandfather loved all sports related teams from Chicago. Love the entire series. Viktor - a bagel with cream cheese, mixed fruit (you know what I like), and a large glass of cold OJ.

It'll be in the low 70s here in reality, but my cubicle has AC during the work week, so it will really be in the 60s.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’ll have the nachos deluxe, extra guacamole and iced tea, please. Yes, a table by the pool. I’m going for a swim first.

@NavyCurls — Our grandson’s favorite football team is the Giants. I think it’s because they’re his uncle’s (DIL’s brother) favorite team. I thought he and his friends would be Panthers fans.

We had a thunderstorm early this afternoon ad the temperature dropped from 79 degrees to 70 degrees. It’s not bad if you can ignore the 80% humidity. Zzyyggy, I see your having a nice cool day in the low 60’s. Brr.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, Linda brrrr is right especially after yestarday with highs in 90s. There was also a cold north wind blowing. Navycurls enjoy the lanai. Tonight for dinner I'm going to have fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner rolls and green beans with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm pooped tonight.
  • ReenieHJ
    Ooh a big hot bowl of creamy mashed potatoes, dripping with butter and peas, all smushed together. :) Followed by a huge chocolate topped custard filled eclair.

:)
    It's just what flitted through my fantasy brain at the moment. Have a wonderful day everybody! I hope the sun shines and the temps are perfect, no matter where you are.