So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Wow, Easter has exploded in the dining room! Zzyyggy have you noticed that Igor has Easter decorations in the aquarium? Look, there’s Easter egg trees and miniature bunnies and chicks.🐣. Thank goodness the librarian will allow only one daffodil plant on the front desk in the cybercafe’s library. I can enjoy the vibrant decorations all over the cybercafe and then find peace and quiet in the library.

Mm, the blueberry pie is delicious, Zzyyggy. I’ll have to thank Francois. I got chilled this evening so it will be lovely to sit by the fire for awhile and enjoy my pie and coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes the fireplace is wonderful, and it's nice to have one in the library as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have lasagna with garlic bread, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some strawberry shortcake with whipped cream, and an iced mocha. I'll eat it in the dining room by the fireplace. I'm chilled again tonight. I had the real mocha today at Starbucks. I went to Market32 grocery shopping. I realized why I don't like going on the weekdays. There are no cashiers on that early, and the person at the self checkout wasn't that nice. It's fine for small orders which was what I had today but for my big shopping I'll go back to Sundays.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, lasagna dinner and strawberries. I’m allergic to strawberries now. Good thing I can still enjoy them at the cybercafe. I think I’ll have the same dinner and dessert you’re having Zzyyggy. I’m going to ask Viktor to dip some strawberries in chocolate, too. We can’t forget extra whipped cream for our coffees.

Shopping on the weekends can be busy, but when you go early it’s not as crowded. No cashiers? That sounds like our local Target before they had self checkout.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving again tonight. I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I haven't been out on the terrace in awhile. I think I'll have dinner out there tonight and watch the fireflies when it gets dark. It's so nice and warm out here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I ordered the chili macaroni and cheese for dinner. Sometimes you just need extra carbs. And chocolate, yes, chocolate for dessert would be good. Hmm, a brownie sundae. Let’s start with a turtle brownie then add chocolate ice cream, topped with fudge sauce, whipped cream, and mini M&M’s. Some caramel M&M’s would be good, too. Ah, Sunset Dessert with friends and coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving again tonight. I'm going to have the fried Seafood platter with french fries, tarter sauce, and cole slaw. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again. I enjoyed the fire flies last night.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Another night out on the terrace sounds great. I ordered a glass of wine and a small cheese and freggies plate with my favorite little cheese crackers for dinner. After I finish I’m going to order coffee and brownie bites topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles.

Sweetie wants to watch tv. I would love to stay here at the cybercafe on the terrace and read my book. I’m off to watch tv. It’s the least I can do since Sweetie went shopping earlier and he’s prepping the carrots, celery, and broccoli. I did the prepping last week, but we don’t actually take turns. I usually don’t mind working in the kitchen or cooking, however, I’m tired tonight so I really appreciate his help.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, if I were married, or had a partner I would gladly do the clean up if they could cook such wonderful dinners. I'm not thrilled about cooking for myself. If I could have a chef who would make old fashion dinners like mom did then I'd be happy. Well there is always Francois. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porter house steak with baked potato, lots of butter. Sauteed onions and mushrooms and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I need a nice warm fire tonight so I'll have dinner in the dining room. Just watch out for the roving Easter Bunnies.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, a chef would be nice, as long as they do their own cleanup. Dinner was delicious, I ordered the same thing you did with a salad. The fire feels so nice. I’ve got my coffee and if I don’t fall asleep I’ll read my book for awhile.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes I forgot about the clean up part. He or she would have an assistant like Francois with Igor and what's the other guy's name. That's pretty bad when I can't remember my employee's names. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday roast chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, and gravy. Lots of dinner rolls with butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room again. We had sunshine in the real world so I'm happy. I like the fire place in the dining room. Is it Pedro? Maybe we should hire another assistant for Francois.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, you mean Jorge, Viktor’s brother? He’s so shy and mostly stays in the background, doesn’t he? He seems to supervise the barns, orchards, and is the Cybercafe groundskeeper. I always thought Francois had kitchen elves that assist him.

Roast chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and roasted root vegetables for Sunday dinner! Perfect. Later this evening I’ll have dessert in the Club Room with a pot of tea and a plate of lemon cookies. Igor always has a nice fire going for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that's it, and you're right Francois does have kitchen elves. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoe, gravy, and peas. Lots of dinner rolls with butter and a coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I love meatloaf sandwiches and Francois makes the best meatloaf. Great dinner. The dining room looks so pretty with the soft pastel fairy lights. The colored glass bowls filled with Easter candy on each table make lovey centerpieces. Mm, Easter candy and an iced mocha for dessert. Perfect.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm hungry and tired tonight. I'm going to have a big plate of macaroni and cheese with broccoli, and lots of bread and butter. A coca cola please. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. I'll take it in the dining room again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, your dinner order is one of my favorites, I’m going to order the same thing. It was much warmer today, however, I’m still cold. We can sit by the fireplace. You can still watch the fish aquarium from here.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm hungry again tonight, and tired. I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with a salad, garlic bread, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi Zzyyggy. Sweetie and I each had a piece of the deep dish pizza Francois made. Sweetie has disappeared into the Club Room to sit by the fire and read his paper. I figure he’ll be asleep in minutes.

Did you see the big huge chocolate chip cookies in the bakery case? They are delicious. They’re crispy and crunchy. I like them better than the big soft cookies. I might be able to eat half of one with my coffee. I’m sure Sweetie will eat the other half of my cookie. I’ll have Viktor cut the cookie in half for me and take half to Sweetie.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes I'll have the huge peanut butter chocolate chip cookie in the case. For dinner I'll have the roast beef grinder with the works, chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have that cookie and an iced mocha. I'll sit in the dining room by the fire. Tomorrow is the big day. I think I'm all set for the move. Everything is mostly packed except for what I need tonight. I'll be glad when it's over and I don't have to pack or unpack, or change addresses.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Yes, you’re moving, so exciting! I hope you love your new place.

I had the torta asada for dinner—sort of like your grinder, but topped with sour cream, avocado, and jalapeños. A cup of coffee with cream and sugar would be wonderful. I think I’ll sit here for a little while longer before going to bed. I’m really tired tonight so I can’t stay up too late.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, Welcome to Sweetie Cooking In The Kitchen Day. He’s making meatloaf. Since I convinced him to follow a recipe (for the most part) it tastes great every time. He’s also making scalloped potatoes. I’m trying not to hover, but he keeps asking me questions. He used the mandolin to cut the potatoes and onions. Then he tells me he’s going to salt and pepper the potatoes. I tell him that you add the seasoning to the bechamel sauce. Things get very quiet. Not a good sign. He does know how to make a bechamel sauce, but he decides he’ll just sprinkle the flour over the potatoes. I…don’t know what to say. Do I intervene? Do I have to eat this if he uses too much flour? 🙄 Francois would know exactly what to do. Of course, Francois is virtual and no help at all in the instance. It might be delicious.

Sweetie wants to know if I’d like creamed spinach with dinner. I’m thinking that might be a bit too rich. He decided on steamed broccoli, thank goodness. The meatloaf is out of the oven and he gives me a taste. Ah, he added smoked paprika. Not listed in the recipe. It’s not bad, just unexpected. Hmm, I bet if you added chili powder and cumin, too, it would be good. The scalloped potatoes are going in the oven now. It should be an interesting evening.