So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, that all sounds so good. I'm starving. Today was moving day and it was a long day. I'm just going to make my bed, have dinner and call it a night. I have to set up the bedroom with my chargers and everything. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries and coleslaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some Chocolate brownies and an iced mocha. I had the real thing at Starbucks this morning. Where I live now I have a Dunkin Donuts around the corner within walking distance I think.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Here’s a house warming gift—🎁. Dinner was surprisingly good. Sweetie didn’t use any flour or bechamel sauce in the potatoes. He didn’t peel the potatoes either. I’ve always peeled them, but it was okay. He served canned green beans. I never eat or even buy canned vegetables, but Sweetie’s become a bit of a prepper and he bought all these canned vegetables. They weren’t bad with the meatloaf and potatoes, but that was a very salty meal, especially for me because I have to be careful about how much salt I eat. Brownies for dessert with vanilla buttercream icing and rainbow sprinkles for me. Mm, iced mochas pair perfectly with brownies.

When our grandson was here last week we had brownie bites. Not my favorite thing anymore. Brownies are really greasy. I wonder if the recipe could be changed to take out enough oil so they’re not greasy and still taste like brownies. Granted, they were store bought brownies. I’m not sure if when I make my own they’d be that greasy. Maybe they use too much cooking spray on the baking pans and the oil is just on the outside of the brownie.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I haven't had a problem with greasy brownies. Glad your dinner went well, I don't use canned veggies either because of the salt and taste. I prefer fresh or frozen. Frozen is easier to keep. Didn't unpack much today just the essentials. I'm going to start tomorrow. For dinner tonight I'll have the porter house steak with baked potato, salad, and coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll eat it in the dining room by the nice warm fireplace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I agree with you. I’m not a fan of canned vegetables except for diced tomatoes, beans, and tomato sauce. I’d much rather have fresh vegetables, although there are recipes that I have whereI use only frozen vegetables. I got so busy today I forgot MFP! I’m still awake even though it’s nearly 2:00 in the morning because I had to finish the book I was reading. Fortunately, Viktor was waiting for me with a cup of tea and some lemon shortbread cookies. I can always count on the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I was up at about 2:00 am as well. I know what you mean about finishing some books. You just have to get to the ending to find out what's going to happen. I did some reading but mostly played solitaire on my kindle before going back to bed. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday spare ribs dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, peas, dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies. Got a lot done unpacking. Cleared out the kitchen area so I can now cook in there, and cleaned off the counter tops. Did some unpacking in the bedroom so I can sleep better in there. My goal is to get most of it done by the end of March. I still can't find my dish drainer and oven mitts. I've been using the rags I've found which isn't that safe, but I doubled them, and they'll do in a pinch. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight. Haven't done that in awhile. Igor is decorating for Easter out here as well. He's got wild rabbits hopping about.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy it’s been a wonderful evening out here on the terrace. For dinner Sweetie and I had more of the meatloaf he made. The meatloaf is delicious. I made a salad and added shredded Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and carrots. I’m so glad Francois is testing cake recipes for the cybercafe’s Easter dinner. This afternoon he made a bunny cake. It’s a white cake with vanilla buttercream coconut icing. I’m having a piece of the cake for dessert with my coffee.

Sounds like you’re making a good start unpacking, Zzyyggy. Getting the kitchen and bedrooms set up was always a priority for me, too. It’s not that everything had to be unpacked, but the space had to be clear enough to move around in and function well. In our move to Charleston, WV, I never did figure out why the stereo equipment ended up under the kitchen table or how I lost a box of cookbooks and recipe folders when we moved to NJ.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, there weren't too many places they could put stuff in this apartment, but I'm having trouble finding everything. I will eventually. My movers didn't lose anything either time, but on one of my other moves they lost the first Harry Potter movie I had which was in DVD form, and several others. Not sure how, but we contacted the company and they reimbursed me. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with lots of dinner rolls and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace again. There are some very brave souls windsurfing out on Lake Champlain tonight. The water temp is quite cold, but it is very windy out there.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Windsurfing on Lake Champlain at the beginning of March is insane! I don’t care how warm the air temperature is. Do their mothers know what they’re doing? (I once threatened Sweetie that I was going to tell his mother on him because he was teasing me. Of course, Mom was sitting right there laughing so it wasn’t much of a threat.) Someone should tell their mothers on them. It probably won’t be very effective, but WHO GOES WINDSURFING IN VERMONT IN MARCH? 🙄 (There is no emoticon for head slapping.)

Viktor, my favorite waiter! I’ll have the Chicken Santorini, rice pilaf, and a Greek salad, please. It’s quite warm out here on the terrace and a pitcher of iced tea with mini scoops of lemon sorbet would be delightful. I would love a piece of Francois’ cranberry, apple, and pecan strudel for dessert. It’s truly divine. Francois drizzles honey over the warm strudel. Oh, delicious. In fact, dessert sounds so good I’ll just sit here for a while and contemplate making it. I’ve got the phyllo sheets, the cranberries and apples, and some pecans. I might have enough pecans. I think phyllo would work instead of traditional strudel dough. I even have Greek honey. Then again, perhaps I should just let Francois be in charge of making sweet treats. That way all those lovely,
    delicious treats will remain virtual.😔.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,438 Member
    Options
    I’ve been away too long, and I am HUNGRY!!!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Welcome back MargaretteYakoda, Francois is ready to feed you anything you want. Linda I know what you mean those crazy people. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with bread and butter, and a coca cola. I'll have it out on the terrace. Igor remembered that Sunday was St. Patrick's day and is putting up green decorations, shamrocks and leprachauns all over the place. The pool has turned a bright shade of green.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Eek, not this Saturday—St. Patrick’s Day is in a week and a half, Zzyyggy. This Saturday is our 50th wedding anniversary. Sweetie and I have been married a long time, huh. Strange, that. It doesn’t seem that long. I don’t think of time passing in terms of years. The other day my sister told me I was elderly. I laughed. It’s okay, she’s two years older than me. She’s such a middle child, very exacting.

I’m sitting here in the cybercafe’s Club Room, my private/semi private sanctuary where I can sit my recliner with a cat on my lap and read my book. Viktor brought me my nighttime snack: Ritz crackers with peanut butter and raspberry jam and a pot of tea for one. I’m so spoiled.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    The pool is a lovely shade of green though….

I don’t think I’ll swim. I’ll just enjoy the view.
    And my cocoa. It has those little marshmallows, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and clove.
  • LindaK125
    edited March 6
    Options
    @MargaretYakoda There is a beautiful indoor pool here at the cybercafe. The walls of windows make it feel like the outdoors. The indoor pool also has a full service cafe. It’s a wonderful place to sit and watch a blizzard or thunderstorm. We do have storms here, except Zzyyggy (the owner) has lately been enjoying tropical weather here to escape her real world winter weather. Well, it’s tropical unless we need to sit in front of the fire. Then again, it’s whatever you want it to be.

Zzyyggy! Igor’s leprechaun just scared the daylights out of me! He’s got that huge blowup leprechaun right behind the front door of the diner. I’m on my way to the kitchen to see if Francois is finished making Sweetie’s birthday cake 🎂. Sweetie wants a Boston Cream Cake:

4fehogrs62hc.jpeg
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    LindaK125 wrote: »
    I’m on my way to the kitchen to see if Francois is finished making Sweetie’s birthday cake 🎂. Sweetie wants a Boston Cream Cake:

4fehogrs62hc.jpeg

Mmmmmmmm Boston cream!

• Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Sorry Linda, I'm jumping ahead. A week from Sunday. MargaretYakoda have a cinnamon roll with that cocoa. I'm starving tonight. I think I'm going to have a big plate of macaroni and cheese with broccoli, and some bread and butter with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some Chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Yes I think I'll enjoy the tropical weather on the terrace we had such a miserable day out there in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, macaroni and cheese vs birthday dinner. Hmm.🤔 I know, I’ll have macaroni and cheese at the cybercafe and birthday dinner in the real would. And coffee, lots of coffee. Maybe later we can have chocolate. A Harry and David Easter Basket filled with chocolate would be lovely.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Happy Birthday. Macaroni and cheese is a good birthday dinner. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy with corn on the cob and biscuits with lots of butter. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the patio
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’ll tell Sweetie you said Happy Birthday, Zzyyggy. Sweetie asked Francois for pizza for his birthday celebration Day 2. He wants one of those gigantic chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It’s pizza and cookie for me, too, although I’d like an iced mocha with my cookie. Sweetie likes a cup oh regular coffee with his dessert.

I’m so tired tonight I’m not sure if it matters if I eat at all. I didn’t get any sleep last night. I was wide awake all night, but if I go to bed at 6:00 pm I’ll be up at 1:00 in the morning. Sweetie decided to make soup this afternoon. He put some water on and added garlic. Too much garlic. The entire house smells like garlic. It’s rather sickening actually. Fortunately, he hadn’t added the chicken carcass, so he dumped most of the garlic water and started again. I think he should have dumped all of the water and started again. In fact, I usually sauté my vegetables a little first, add my herbs and spices then the water and bones. Hopefully the garlic isn’t too strong in the soup.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, soup sounds good, but pizza does as well. I'm going to have a pizza with the works and a coca cola. I'll have one of those giant chocolate chip cookies as well with an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight and watch the sea monster play in the ocean. She's chasing after the dragons who are teasing her by die bombing. Igor has the green up and about with lots of leprechauns and rainbows. I found out the nearby Dunkin donuts is within walking distance. I went for a long walk in the early afternoon. I can reach City Market, and my bank easily. Lots of people out and about.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sweetie’s soup ended up being delicious. His special birthday dinner Day 3 tonight was lasagna. I ate too much of it. I think I’ll have a cup of coffee while we watch the critters on the oceanfront terrace.

If I fall asleep, no worries, Victor will make sure I get to my room at the Inn. I figure I’ll stay the night at the cybercafe. Actually I might just get ready for bed now.