So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I love the music, and the fireplace. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the diner fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Mm, pass the dinner rolls, please, Zzyyggy. The fried chicken is delicious. I’m going to have coffee and Easter candy for dessert. Aren’t these the prettiest pastel glass candy dishes? I’ve got a nice selection of candy. We’ve got speckled malted eggs, jelly beans, chocolate covered caramel eggs. And, look, chocolate bunny ears!

Tomorrow is Wednesday and Wednesday breakfast is breakfast burrito day. I can’t wait, it’s so exciting.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I have to remember to pick up my chocolate bunny tomorrow grocery shopping. I'm going to try the shopping bus that comes here and brings you directly to the store then brings you back. I'll see how that goes, and see if it interferes with my swimming pick up times. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy green beans, dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Chairs that look like Easter eggs?
    Reminds me of the game Animal Crossing.
    I wonder if the staff here plays on their free time?

• LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, everyone! Margaret, who knows what the staff does in their free time 🫣. Mm, the blueberry pie sure sounds good. I’ll order that and coffee for dessert. Boy the day went by so fast, I can’t believe it’s already past 9:00 pm. I’ve still got things to do. I’d better get moving.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm starving tonight, and chilled. For dinner I'm going to have a huge bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll have it in the dining room by the roaring fire. I think I found one of Igor's hidden Easter eggs behind the palm tree in the corner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, macaroni and cheese, please, it’s been that kind of day. I think I’ll need another basket of bread and a pot of coffee, too. I see Zzyyggy over by the fireplace. I’m going to join her there. May I please have a sliced Envy apple and a bowl of chocolate dipping sauce? That will e a nice sweet dessert.

Zzyyggy, I see the Easter egg hunt is on. While the librarian hasn’t allowed Igor to decorate the library, he has managed to hide candy filled eggs all over the place. Useless was rolling one of those eggs through the library this afternoon when I was checking out more of Meghan Doidge’s Dowser series. The Easter egg had a marshmallow Peeps in it. Useless loves marshmallows. I’m not sure cats are good hunters, but Moxie, the cybercafe’s best dog, would be an excellent Easter egg hunter.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, sounds like a lot of fun. I thought humanes were suppose to be the Easter Egg hunters, oh well I guess the animals can have their fun as well. I am starving tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going back to my lunch room days and have some fish sticks, tater tots, and cole slaw. I'll have a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll take it in the dining room again, and watch all the colorful gold fish swimming around.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, if Moxie and Useless don’t help me hunt Easter eggs we may still be finding them well into Fall. The schools I went to didn’t have cafeterias until I got to high school and since the high school had apple machines that’s usually what I had for lunch. However, at my son’s schools they always had pizza day every Friday. Why is it that Fridays are pizza days? They do this at my grandson’s school, too. Anyway, I wouldn’t mind having pizza for dinner.

I saw a video short from America’s Test kitchen where they used freeze dried powdered fruit in whipped cream which stabilized the whipped cream. I want a couple of chocolate blueberry whipped cream iced milk chocolate cupcakes for dessert and coffee. Chocolate raspberry whipped cream would be good, too, especially on dark chocolate cupcakes.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, did you see Betty's email yet. Theres a picture of a luscious slice of devil' s food cake as part of their classic recipes. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the porter house steak with baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace and watch the sunset. Alright the animals can join in. Each egg has a little surprise in it though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I think I’ll have Viktor bring me some tea and toast. Then my plan is to find a very quiet corner where I can lie in my recliner and not move. I’m hoping I feel better tomorrow, because the kids will be here for Easter. I planned a very simple menu that Sweetie should be able to manage except he added a bunch of appetizers and more entrees. I don’t know why, but he always makes too much food. It’s overwhelming.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Happy Easter. Francois fixed an excellent Easter dinner with ham, scalloped potatoes, carrots, parker house rolls with lots of butter and gravy, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of Boston Cream Pie with an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace and watch the ocean monster's antics.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have an iced tea, please. I’ll be joining Zzyyggy out on the oceanfront terrace.

Hi, Zzyyggy. Happy Easter. Francois and I think alike, Zzyyggy. However, my menu got changed a bit. We ended up with mashed potatoes instead of scalloped potatoes and Sweetie decided to make meatloaf and some filet mignon, as well. We all love his meatloaf recipe. I was happy about the meatloaf because I don’t eat pork. And we had coleslaw, too. There were six different cheeses for the appetizers, but I put out the three soft cheeses and forgot to put out the three hard cheeses. Nobody noticed so I figured that was okay. Let’s not forget the candy. I had way too much candy and there were cupcakes for dessert. We all ate too much and had a great time. The guys even went outside and threw around a football around.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, your Easter dinner sounded good too. In the real world we had ham, mashed potatoes, beans, dinner rolls, and asparagus which I don't like. For dinner tonight I'm going to have hotdogs, baked beans, brown bread, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace though with the mountain view. We can watch the eagles flying off the cliffs. I had way too much cake for dessert as well, but that's what the holidays are all about. I think all the Easter eggs have been found, and Igor is setting up for the Eclipse. He's got little suns and moons all over the place, and there are those glasses out.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We had some delicious leftovers from yesterday for dinner tonight. I just realized we didn’t have jelly beans this Easter. I’ll have to order some for dessert. Do they make jelly bean ice cream or perhaps a jelly bean and M&M’s trail mix? I’m missing Igor’s Easter decorations, but the new decor looks interesting.

I haven’t seen any eagles around here lately, but we have owls, hawks, and black vultures. I’ve been watching the eagle nest YouTube channels. Jackie and Shadow at Big Bear Lake have three eggs they’ve been sitting on. It doesn’t look like the eggs are viable, however the eagles seem to be intent on trying again.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Tonight for dinner I'm going to have some barbecued chicken out on the patio with potato salad, coleslaw, salad, and a mixture of roasted veggies on the grill. I'm thinking summer already. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what Zzyyggy’s having, please.

Hi, Zzyyggy. It was 83 degrees at home this afternoon—just a gorgeous sunny and breezy day and I wish our summer weather was like this, too. Well, without the high tree pollen count, though. Here’s Viktor with cookies and coffees. I have one of those crispy and crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Mm, delicious.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, what a dismal day out there in the real world. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big platter of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the patio with lots of sunshine. We won't be getting any until the weekend in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hello, Viktor. Thanks for taking my hat, it’s been a very windy day. I see Zzyyggy has the sun shining this evening. I’m going to join her on the patio. I’d like a piece of peach custard pie with peach ice cream and an iced coffee, please.

Zzyyggy! What a lovely sunny evening. I think I’ll sit out here and talk to you while I eat dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it's going to be another evening of sunshine at the cyber cafe. We had snow all day, and wind. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Had the real thing at Starbucks today but I think they took all the sugar out, it wasn't that sweet.