So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. I can't believe we missed Pie day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the lasagna with garlic bread, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have it out on the terrace since I didn't get any sunshine today. I need the tropical sunshine and warmth. Now Igor has gone back to Easter. The bunnies hopping around make it kind of nice out here.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Tonight we actually had lasagna. Sweetie has been buying frozen lasagna at Costco. It’s pretty good, not as good as homemade, but it sure is a whole lot easier to make! Dessert out on the terrace would be lovely. I ordered the apple pie and ice cream to go with my coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I still need the tropical sunshine tonight. We're not getting that much snow, but we are back to winter. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter. A coca cola as well. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies with an iced mocha. Aaaa warm sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, Zzyyggy, it’s so nice out here on the terrace. Francois made some macaroni and cheese for me. It had chicken and vegetables and a yummy cheese sauce, plus a really fancy name. Still, it’s macaroni and cheese. I have my coffee and a nice variety of Easter candies. There’s an entire collection of little bowls of candy that Viktor and Igor left out and about everywhere. So pretty and tasty, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it's the second day of spring around here, and we're getting winter again. I'm in need of some tropical sunshine again. I think I'll move to the cyber cafe for a bit. I'm going to have the Philly cheese steak sub with onion rings and a root beer. For dessert I'll have brownies, and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it out on the terrace in the warm tropical sunshine. Maybe we'll have a bonfire later tonight with s'mores.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We had a beautiful day outside, but I had a tough day. I’m in need of chocolate therapy before I go finish my chores. Let’s start with a s’mores and make it into an ice cream sundae. Chocolate ice cream and hot fudge sauce on top of crumbled graham crackers, chunks of chocolate bar, and toasted marshmallows. Yum. I’ll just add a sprinkle or two of mini M&M’s.

Please, someone tell Useless that cats can’t have chocolate ice cream!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, seeing how Useless is a cyber cat, and the chocolate is cyber chocolate that should be okay. I'm in need of chocolate therap as well. I just bought myself a new lap top at Staples. I won't get it until Saturday because they are transferring my music and downloaded movies on to it. So for my celebratory dinner tonight I'm going to have a bucket of fried chicken from you know where with the mashed potatoes/gravy, biscuits/butter, corn on the cob, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream covered in chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. Is that enough chocolate? I'll eat it out on the terrace and share some of my chicken.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Zzyyggy. Mm, delicious. And dessert definitely has enough chocolate. I will not share chocolate ice cream with a cat, not even virtually. Congratulations on your new laptop. I need a new laptop, too. Mine keeps seizing up.

It’s been a beautiful day at the cybercafe and it’s turned into a beautiful evening and there’s no pollen. While my allergies haven’t been horrible, the pollen is still irritating.

Would you like some M&M’s to sprinkle on top of your dessert?
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Don’t mind me. I’m just picking through the candy bowls Igor left out. Looking for all the black jelly beans.

Mmmm…. My favorite!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies. Welcome to the Cyber cafe MargaretYakoda. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again tonight
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m freezing today. When the temperature drops 20 degrees and the house is no longer over 70 degrees inside it’s cold. I enjoyed those two days of 80 degree weather. It was a balmy 74 degrees inside and I could finally hang up my sweatshirt. Zzyyggy, I don’t think I would survive a Vermont winter. By the end of November I’d be done with winter 🥶. It’s a good night for soup. Francois made potato dumpling noodles for my chicken soup. Delicious.

Since Margaret was here I’ve noticed some candy bowls with just black jelly beans in them. I like black jelly beans, too, but orange jelly beans are my favorite. Unless, of course, if they’re Jelly Belly beans, then I like the chocolate ones. It’s time for dessert and coffee and I just watched Chef John on Food Wishes make blueberry lemon crumb cakes. Those would be perfect with my coffee.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    My guy served us corn on the cob, roast chicken thigh, and a huge salad just now.

I’m eying those jelly beans though. Thankful for Igor’s thoughtfulness. So glad there are every flavor possible! (Except those weird wizard flavors ew!)

• Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm starving. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, and a root beer, and coleslaw. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm also in need of some sunshine. I'll enjoy it out on the terrace. Aaah the tropical breeze. We got snow today, but I still went out to get my laptop. Got home safely. Now I'm playing with it. I'm moving in to the Cyber cafe until this storm is over.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, Margaret! Those wizard flavored jelly beans were disgusting! I won’t name the flavors because I don’t want to gross out Zzyyggy. Definitely EW!

I love when the guys make dinner. Sweetie cooked tonight. He made a small steak, broccoli, and tortellini. It’s good I didn’t have to decide what to cook. If we had bread I might have made peanut butter sandwiches. I wouldn’t mind living somewhere like the cybercafe where Francois, our world famous chef, could make dinner every night. Although I wouldn’t mind cooking occasionally.

Zzyyggy, we had the best weather today. It rained overnight and the morning was foggy for hours. It got windy and blew the fog away and then the sun occasionally peeked out through some beautiful clouds. My favorite kind of day. I love evenings on the terrace at the cafe. Betty had a recipe for chocolate cream pie today. I checked it out and it sounds really good. Francois made some for tonight. He topped the pie with mocha whipped cream. I can’t wait. Viktor will be bringing a pie out for all of us along with everyone’s favorite drink—coffee for me.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    I’m enjoying a peach yogurt and a huge plate of mixed melon chunks.

Enjoying the view. I think I see some daffodils blooming in the garden?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, Sunday Brunch at The Cybercafe. What a glorious morning. I see you made it here before me, Margaret. Don’t you love how you can see every season in bloom here at the cybercafe? The daffodils in the Charlotte area are done blooming, but the camellias, azaleas, and irises are blooming, as well as all the trees. In fact, my maples are blooming even though they’re supposed to be Autumn Blaze maples, which don’t bloom. I’m assuming that they are actually silver maples, a tree I promised never to plant because they are so messy and I’m allergic to the blasted things. I digress.

Brunch, yes, brunch. I can put together a tasty cheese and freggies plate. And coffee. Oh, look at those lovely baskets full of mini pastries. One for each table on the patio by the pool. Igor has chosen pretty pastel colored umbrellas for the tables. I’m going to sit under a pink umbrella because it complements my pinkish/mauve hat and almost perfectly matches my pink sandals. I don’t know where Igor and Jorge found chairs that look like Easter eggs, but they are so comfortable. Mm, mini lemon ginger scones.

It’s so nice and warm here. At home the temperature is still in the 30’s and it’s really windy. I’m not complaining, soon enough the weather will be hot and horribly humid with no wind to speak of. Actually, spring and fall are my favorite times of the year, when the wind is blowing, the mornings are cold, and the afternoons are warm. Oh, a raspberry filled tart. Delicious.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Here for dinner. I'm going to have the Sunday roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and peas. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. I'll eat in the dining room today. We had sunshine but it was cold out there today. I love the fireplace in here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, the fire feels nice and toasty. I’m going to finish my tea and lemon shortbread, then I’m off to bed.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yes I love the fire place. I'll eat in the dining room again tonight with all the tropical fish floating around, and Igor's Easter decorations. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Philly cheese steak sandwich with french fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s lovely in the dining room this evening. I’m enjoying the baroque music. Here’s Viktor with more coffees and cookies.